Tarps all over the Magic Kingdom!!!

SeaBreeze

When we went we made a game out of it...who could spot the scrims first and how many were there total. It was silly and stupid but somehow rather amusing...definitely a way to be less annoyed by so many of them at once. Like others said, good to see some TLC at MK :)

Chevross

I'm not too worried about the scrims even though I'm going next month. I'll get a free trip next year and turn right back around in two months to go again. I'm sure they'll be gone next year....right? :rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Funny you asked... I took a little stroll over to MK last weekend and took an extra trip around the park JUST to take some photos of the refurbs...

100_1329.jpg

100_1327.jpg

100_1381.jpg

(back of the Christmas shop)

100_1326.jpg

100_1323.jpg

100_1392.jpg

100_1393.jpg

100_1391.jpg

(covering the fence next to the castle)

I didn't go into Tomorrowland so no photos of SM or TTA... but I didn't want to step within earshot of Stich... hopefully they'll give me a reason to go back there soon (to take photos of that refurb as well)
GREAT report.:D

Really starting to look forward to the 40th anniversary. I would like to think the company has something big in store. Just hope to God it's not another birthday cake castle...

They have something...It may not be as big as we like to think...and it might grow...but they have something.:D

MickeyDent

I had a nightmare bout this last night. The scrims came down and we all found out all they did was added Stitch to EVERYTHING!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Rob562

That wall by the castle is new since last week.
In addition to all these, the Fronteirland train station was covered up, too.

The Small World wall definitely made things a little more difficult and crowded in that section of Fantasyland. The queue entrance wasn't always obvious, and the CM manning the queue had to constantly move a large sign around that said "Small World entrance" as they configured and re-configured the outside queue. (About half of the inside queue was unusable because of the refurb)

Over in Epcot, half of the Innoventions West Breezeway had a wall appear mid-week. Most likely just to re-pave/re-tile the breezeway.

-Rob

mickeymaniacs

Really starting to look forward to the 40th anniversary. I would like to think the company has something big in store. Just hope to God it's not another birthday cake castle...

My sister and MK both turn 40 in the same year and she is planning a huge family vacation and party down there. If they turned the castle into a cake my husband and my sister would both have coronaries. I would not be happy either.

LoveWDW2Much

I had a nightmare bout this last night. The scrims came down and we all found out all they did was added Stitch to EVERYTHING!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

That's awful and mean to even put that in my head :eek:

:lol: I'm glad it's only a nightmare, I would die if it became true.

jonesenon4

:sohappy:wow thats amazing we just returned from 10 days at the world on june 4 and none of that was up.but like others have said its nice to see mk geting a little love.nice to know also because we already have our return trip in the works.:sohappy:

jeopardyfish

I had a nightmare bout this last night. The scrims came down and we all found out all they did was added Stitch to EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Let's see, this would be the Diamond Stitch (which would mean 75 years of Stitch), the Hall of Stitches (an emotional speech by Stitch, interrupted by his gastrointestinal distress, and a brief address by Secretary of State Lilo), It's A Stitch World (seems like recently that wouldn't be a bad name for Magic Kingdom), the Stitch Village Haus, the Stitchland Train Station (a convenient way to travel through Stich World), anything else I'm forgetting here? :D

The queue entrance wasn't always obvious, and the CM manning the queue had to constantly move a large sign around that said "Small World entrance" as they configured and re-configured the outside queue.
I noticed this! Poor CMs :).

About half of the inside queue was unusable because of the refurb
I am curious about this; it looked to me as if all the inside queue was useable. I didn't make it to that end of Fantasyland in March when there were no walls, so I certainly can't speak to the regular extent of the queue. I am just curious as to what more there usually is to the inside queue.

Maerj

My sister and MK both turn 40 in the same year and she is planning a huge family vacation and party down there. If they turned the castle into a cake my husband and my sister would both have coronaries. I would not be happy either.

I'll be turning the big four oh then as well and I'm also planning our next big trip then. They should do a special promotion that year allowing anyone who is as old as the MK in for free!

Bcrane

Made a quick visit to MK tonight after work and I have some updates on the tarps... ehm.... "scrims." No photos as it was dark... hopefully will have some later this week.

First, the castle wall refurb I posted last week has been removed...

Second, a new wall has been added in front of El Pirata y el Perico Restaurante (across from PotC.)

AND THIRD.... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT.... The HoP is completely uncovered!!! Yay!!! Can't wait for this sucker to re-open.

P.S. - Splash is now the map cover picture replacing M.I.L.F., which was still the cover just last friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom