Tapestry of Dreams continuing through March?

Becky

Originally posted by duncan7615
, I still think that Tap is an incredible show that Disney will find hard to replace.

So, to anyone who has seen the parade and smiled at a puppeteer or Dreamseeker... Thank you... from the bottom of my heart. You are the reason that I love my job.

Thank you Duncan from a guest who has loved the parade and music. I have seen ToD several times and the CM's put on a great parade and show every single time.

MKT, I know you didn't like ToD and suffered injuries because of it, but I want to thank you too for being a part of it's magic for those of us who loved the parade.

I do hope ToD is replaced with something as wonderful.

Lately the money crunchers seem to be replacing shows with rides. My 2 cents on why. Hum, a show such as Hunchback. A dozen or so CM performers who , while not making a whole lot of money, are making decent money, plus sound,lighting, dirctors etc vs a ride that might have 1-3 CM's making $6-8 an hour.

If the money crunchers continue to not look at the long term big picture we'll end up with Six Flags Orlando, formally known as Walt Disney World.

Michael72688

As a performer in both ToN and ToD, I'm going to be sad to see ToD go. Granted, there were quite a few changes that happened to "transform" the parade to ToD that I wasn't too thrilled with as either a performer or a guest, I still think that Tap is an incredible show that Disney will find hard to replace.

Sadly, we were all pulled into a meeting and informed that ToD will definately stage its last performance on March 1st. If it's anything like the closing night of ToN, I know that I'll be crying tears of joy both joy and sorrow as I walk into the gate for the last time.

And while there are a few performers who don't particularly enjoy the parade (because, yes, it can be painful at times), there are far more who have a love and appreciation for this show than any outsider could ever understand. I feel blessed that I had a chance to be a part of this show and have had the opportunity to march down the promenade with the bright, shining faces night after night (even though I do have to admit, some nights, there are confused, blank stares... but the same happens in every other parade on property).

So, to anyone who has seen the parade and smiled at a puppeteer or Dreamseeker... Thank you... from the bottom of my heart. You are the reason that I love my job.

PS - The Dreamseekers are just as scared of you as you are of them... ;)

That was the best post I have ever read!!! I saw the ToD twice last night and had a great time, it will be very sad to see no Parade, I hope that the in some way keep some puppets and do something with them and put them to waist! Will anything special be done on the last night of ToD?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Becky
MKT, I know you didn't like ToD and suffered injuries because of it, but I want to thank you too for being a part of it's magic for those of us who loved the parade.

thank you... all I ever wanted was appreciation for busting my ______ in that parade. In that sentence, you have done what ToD management never did.

wdwjmp239

As a performer in both ToN and ToD, I'm going to be sad to see ToD go. Granted, there were quite a few changes that happened to "transform" the parade to ToD that I wasn't too thrilled with as either a performer or a guest, I still think that Tap is an incredible show that Disney will find hard to replace.

Sadly, we were all pulled into a meeting and informed that ToD will definately stage its last performance on March 1st. If it's anything like the closing night of ToN, I know that I'll be crying tears of joy both joy and sorrow as I walk into the gate for the last time.

And while there are a few performers who don't particularly enjoy the parade (because, yes, it can be painful at times), there are far more who have a love and appreciation for this show than any outsider could ever understand. I feel blessed that I had a chance to be a part of this show and have had the opportunity to march down the promenade with the bright, shining faces night after night (even though I do have to admit, some nights, there are confused, blank stares... but the same happens in every other parade on property).

PS - The Dreamseekers are just as scared of you as you are of them... ;)

Thank you for the entertainment you have given me, my friends, and my family. Your post on this board has been a heart-felt one and as the others said on this board, "Great Post!"

I will always remember the first time I saw Tapestry Of Nations and again, I will remember the first time I saw Tapestry Of Dreams. I have the CDs from the park that I bought with both ToN and ToD, so if I ever have that need to go see the parade after its closing night, I will put in my CDs. :)

I applaude you, as well as your co-workers, for the job well done. Each time I brought a friend along to Disney, I would bring them to see ToD and the reaction is the same -- a tear falling down their cheek -- the parade, the story, the music, and the interpretation of the parade is very moving.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to be at Disney on that last curtain call. Just remember when you're out there dancing your hardest and making the spectators/guests happy.. remember that there will be one person that won't be able to be there who will always remember and appreciate ToN/ToD.

Thank you!

Thank you to Disney...and particularly the cast members who made Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams such a delightful memory.
I, too, didn't care as much for Tapestry of Dreams.... but want to say that the parade performers were superb!
I will certainly miss it.
Will you all be cast somewhere else? You won't be losing a job will you?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by lynnkatherine
Will you all be cast somewhere else? You won't be losing a job will you?

none will, unless they quit. Most are already trained in other areas at WDW in entertainment and will be sent there

Zurg

ToN and ToD are without question my favorite Disney Parades.

Thanks to all the great people who made them so good.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by mktiggerman
thank you... all I ever wanted was appreciation for busting my ______ in that parade. In that sentence, you have done what ToD management never did.

well, Rob, if it still means anything, i second what Becky said! I could tell from the very first time i saw that parade that it was an extremely physical job for the puppeteers! it certainly couldn't have been an easy parade to be a part of! i can't tell you how much i appreciate you and the rest of the puppeteers for making such an inspirational parade! it will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart!

duncan7615

Thank you to everyone who has sent positive comments on the parade... I will be sure to pass it on to the other performers... and I really can't express in words how much it means to me. I'm glad that our energy and hearts have reached at least a few out there... besides the drunk people at the Germany beer cart... :lol:

God willing (and a lot of bribes sent out to scheduling), I'll be closing ToD in the blue/silver spandex that I have, oddly enough, become very fond of wearing or in the ever so popular Marionette. If not, I'll be alongside parade route crying along with the rest of the performers... not that anyone asked... but I figured that I would share...

And, when ToD comes to a close, rest assured that almost all of the performers are moving onto other performing roles around "the World."

Thank you, again...

darthdarrel

TON and TOD will be greatly missed!
Duncan and Rob thank you and the rest of the parade performers for a job well done! TON and TOD will never be forgotten.I have both of them on video!:sohappy:

Duncan and Rob - I just want to add my thanks for all of the wonderful times I have had at TON and TOD with my children and grandchildren - I have seen these parades many many times and I still get tears in my eyes. The music is wonderful, but the performers are just the BEST! I will be very sad when this parade ends. It will be as though one of my special times with my grandchildren will end.
I will be at WDW March 14 - March 22. If anyone finds out when the final date for this parade - I would love to know.
Also - has Disney taped this parade. I don't understand why Disney doesn't tape each and every different parade and offer these for sale after the parade is changed. I would love to have all the parades - to watch over again.

Just to let both of you know - many many of us do appreciate all the time and hard work each of you put into making our all of our stays very MAGICAL.:wave:

Michael72688

Originally posted by DisneyGrandma
Duncan and Rob - I just want to add my thanks for all of the wonderful times I have had at TON and TOD with my children and grandchildren - I have seen these parades many many times and I still get tears in my eyes. The music is wonderful, but the performers are just the BEST! I will be very sad when this parade ends. It will be as though one of my special times with my grandchildren will end.
I will be at WDW March 14 - March 22. If anyone finds out when the final date for this parade - I would love to know.
Also - has Disney taped this parade. I don't understand why Disney doesn't tape each and every different parade and offer these for sale after the parade is changed. I would love to have all the parades - to watch over again.

Just to let both of you know - many many of us do appreciate all the time and hard work each of you put into making our all of our stays very MAGICAL.:wave:

Sorry to tell you but, March 1 is the last day! :(

Michael72688

This is also for Duncan and Rob, as well as any other performers

THANKYOU! you have brought me a parade that will be with me untill the day that I die, I just wish it wasn't going away! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Michael72688
This is also for Duncan and Rob, as well as any other performers

THANKYOU! you have brought me a parade that will be with me untill the day that I die, I just wish it wasn't going away! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ditto here! Tap is the only parade I've ever seen the whole production of. I don't care how, but this parade needs to be remembered just like Horizons, WoM, and other classics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom