Tapestry of Dreams continuing through March?

ToTBellHop

If you listen to the music at least from Light Magic, I think it is much more suited for World Showcase than it was for Disneyland...it's not bad, just too serious for any Magic Kingdom...sounds a lot like the type of music you hear around the World Showcase Promenade though. For those of you who haven't heard it:
http://disneylandsource.com/showspast/showspast.html

You can find it there...

darthdarrel

Well I loved TON and TOD! MKTiggerman if you had been in the parade on New year EVE you would have seen a child like gleam in my EYES!My whole family was hungry and didn`t want to stop and watch the parade,they just wanted to get to Italy so we could eat,but I MADE them stop and watch the parade! I LOVED IT!:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Mary Poppins
It did hurt many, though!

yeah... the wall was a pain in the ... as was ELP canopy. But both of them pale in comparison to Marionette on a windy day

JLW11Hi

My opinion is that the Tapestry of Dreams parade does not seem that much different than the Tapestry of nations parade. I keep hearing people say it "lost its meaning" and is just the old parade with some puppets attatched to the guys (which it is), but how many people really cared about the meaning of the parades in the first place?

Its my theory that if one average guest liked TON, they would enjoy TOD just as much, and if one average guest didn't like TON, they would not like TOD, because there is very little difference in the parades in their eyes.

Now I am not saying that there are also people that liked one over the other, because obviously there are. But after seein TOD, I'd say everyone was enjoying the parade for what it was. I saw people roll their eyes at TON and TOD, and I have seen people enjoy both of them.

But that is just my opinion :)

Going aside from the topic for a sec, just thought I'd share something.......
When I was at TOD last year, there was a mentally handicapped person in a wheelchair across the path who seemed to have trouble keeping his head up. As the parade went by, I'd say just about every other pupeteer leaned over to the man, letting him shake their "hands" (it was no doubt due to the CM training) When they did that, his head was up for the whole parade and was really happy the whole time. I thought that was pretty cool :)

Kudos, CMs!

Michael72688

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
My opinion is that the Tapestry of Dreams parade does not seem that much different than the Tapestry of nations parade. I keep hearing people say it "lost its meaning" and is just the old parade with some puppets attatched to the guys (which it is), but how many people really cared about the meaning of the parades in the first place?

Its my theory that if one average guest liked TON, they would enjoy TOD just as much, and if one average guest didn't like TON, they would not like TOD, because there is very little difference in the parades in their eyes.

Now I am not saying that there are also people that liked one over the other, because obviously there are. But after seein TOD, I'd say everyone was enjoying the parade for what it was. I saw people roll their eyes at TON and TOD, and I have seen people enjoy both of them.

But that is just my opinion :)

Going aside from the topic for a sec, just thought I'd share something.......
When I was at TOD last year, there was a mentally handicapped person in a wheelchair across the path who seemed to have trouble keeping his head up. As the parade went by, I'd say just about every other pupeteer leaned over to the man, letting him shake their "hands" (it was no doubt due to the CM training) When they did that, his head was up for the whole parade and was really happy the whole time. I thought that was pretty cool :)

Kudos, CMs!

I have to agree with you, I also noticed the puppeteers going to people in Wheelchairs, or mental challenged people, and it just seemed to make them so happy, that another reason I think it will be really sad to see it go :(

wdwcrazy

Original Poster
I think that one reason that people don't seen to like ToD as much is because some people go around trying to convince everyone that the parade is bad. It really isn't that much different from ToN, and I think it was done on purpose becase ToN was so popular. They didn't want to change it too much. I liked ToD just as much as I liked ToN. But I do think it is time to change and ToD to go. I'm looking foward to this new parade that is in the works for Epcot.

ToTBellHop

The fact that a few cheap (bad) changes created an "all new" parade kinda made it annoying too. I think the decision to replace the Sage of Time with the creepy trolls was enough to make this a lesser parade...I am not a fan of the trolls...

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Michael72688
This question may have already been asked and if it was I'm sorry, but what puppets do you do in the parade?

I do 3 puppets..

Disc (the heaviest, yet the only one I like to do), Hammer (really light! but I still would rather not do it), and Marionette (HATE IT!!! )

sillyspook13

Originally posted by DogsRule!
The fact that a few cheap (bad) changes created an "all new" parade kinda made it annoying too. I think the decision to replace the Sage of Time with the creepy trolls was enough to make this a lesser parade...I am not a fan of the trolls...
"Stop! To recycle the magic!!!":hammer:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Michael72688
Would you all suddenly love ToN if it came back?

its time has passed. Time for something new. Right now Epcot has the parade equivalent of a mullet

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by mktiggerman
its time has passed. Time for something new. Right now Epcot has the parade equivalent of a mullet

:lol: Rob.

That is the next parade... ToM... The sage of bad 80's hair cuts! :lol:

Imagineer Jer

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
The March park hours just released still have Tapestry running! Check them out here.

Hey!
Yah, they still have the hours, but you never know. I have to agree. It might not always be right or even be there anymore. But it is pretty cool for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom