Tapestry leaving?

Originally posted by mktiggerman
somehow, I could not see anything like that at Epcot. It doesn't need something upbeat... Epcot needs something cultured with class (but that doesn't necessarily mean no characters). I just don't think that Epcot should have Audience participation in any parade

I remember back in the day, they said MGM and Epcot would NEVER have a parade...

pepsistar

Original Poster
:animwink: Know this is a little off the thread but--Tiggerman--Which part did/do you play in the parade? Just wondered if I ever saw you. Were you in both??

Sorry, I do not know whose idea Dreams was but I think they should have just retired TON on a high-- Really loved the Sage of Time. I remember running to the end several times just to see the final few minutes. Unfortunately, Dreams did not create the same feeling. Just seemed like bits and pieces thrown together, and kept getting shorter/smaller every time I saw it.

I know all of you work very hard for little praise (and $$$) So, from me, and I am sure all of us who saw and loved it. THANKS!!! WELL DONE!! :sohappy: ( hope your back is better! )

Any idea of what might be coming? :lookaroun

pepsistar

Original Poster
:veryconfu marypoppins-- Me tooooooooo and AK-- No way!! Hummm That brings a ?? to mind?? Just wondered, how long is the AK parade going to be on?? any idea? Is it still going???

Are we going to get NEW parades at all parks again?? after the 100 years is over???:confused:

Michael72688

Originally posted by pepsistar
:veryconfu marypoppins-- Me tooooooooo and AK-- No way!! Hummm That brings a ?? to mind?? Just wondered, how long is the AK parade going to be on?? any idea? Is it still going???

Are we going to get NEW parades at all parks again?? after the 100 years is over???:confused:

I was there on Thursday and it's still going, there was also a huge crowd

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by Michael72688
What's Light Magic?

Some lame parade, that I heard has only 4 or 5 floats, they need to bring that one day parade from Disneyland Paris to Epcot, becuase all the countrys.

ToTBellHop

Light Magic is a very high tech parade that just didn't have the magic of the other parades...if more money were invested into it, it could be great for Epcot...and Epcot already has a lot of lighting effects up for Tapestry, so it wouldn't be INSANELY expensive to put in place.

ToTBellHop

Everyone knows that Epcot has an extremely serious theme right now, and that Disney wants to end that. Why? Because it hurts the park. Disney has been trying to make this park more fun. So a street party style parade would be great for this new theme--like Jammin' Jungle Parade or Eureka. Guests love it. I think it would be best if they could come up with a parade that would involve both Future World and World Showcase. This park desperately needs something linking the two "lands", while being fun. Just my $0.02. Cheers!

SirNim

Why haven't they considered a parade with floats for each pavilion in both FW and WS? An energy float, with, say, an erupting volcano, a Land float with Lion King friends and some sort of countryside influence, and then floats for each of the countries, winding its way snakelike through the park, all the floats going everywhere, tying together a central theme of "Discovery", put Figment and Mickey and eveyone on the head float, etc...

But then again, I prefer Epcot the way it (is) (was) (now) (then)...

Hmm...:)

orangefan15

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Why haven't they considered a parade with floats for each pavilion in both FW and WS? An energy float, with, say, an erupting volcano, a Land float with Lion King friends and some sort of countryside influence, and then floats for each of the countries, winding its way snakelike through the park, all the floats going everywhere, tying together a central theme of "Discovery", put Figment and Mickey and eveyone on the head float, etc...

But then again, I prefer Epcot the way it (is) (was) (now) (then)...

Hmm...:)

That's a really interesting concept. I'd go see a parade like that. It would at least keep things in the "EPCOT spirit". However, I would prefer to not see any characters on the floats.

LongballMG

EPCOT Center Historical Society Members

An EPCOT Themed Parade has the full support of all 128 ECHS members.

LongballMG

like the idea, now let's run with it!

Respond to the "WEDWAY Peoplemover" post it is great!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Some lame parade, that I heard has only 4 or 5 floats

you never saw it, did you? The floats were actually rolling stages. They were more than 80 feet long... each.

btw- what do you think of Maesltrom? I think it rocks. Do you think it's just OK?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
you never saw it, did you? The floats were actually rolling stages. They were more than 80 feet long... each.

btw- what do you think of Maesltrom? I think it rocks. Do you think it's just OK?

*must withhold comment...must withhold comment*:zipit:

cymbaldiva

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -

What if there just is no parade? I mean, does there really need to be a parade at every park every single day of the year?

:confused:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by cymbaldiva

What if there just is no parade? I mean, does there really need to be a parade at every park every single day of the year?

no.. there doesn't need to be a parade. WDW was still as magical when only 1 park had a parade

cymbaldiva

no.. there doesn't need to be a parade. WDW was still as magical when only 1 park had a parade

For me, the WDW Magic wasn't really about parades....I am a fan of the fireworks over the Castle though! :D

Michael72688

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

yea, Disney has been famous for there parades, plus it helps to attract guests

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Michael72688
yea, Disney has been famous for there parades, plus it helps to attract guests

Macy's is famous for it's parades too. Yet you don't see them throwing a parade in every city they have a store in, do you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom