Tapestry leaving?

kennyj29

Parades

I'm not a fan of all parades especially TON but I love the Christmas parade (we go at that time of year) and the Spectro Magic..............I've never stayed to see the Jungle Jammin Parade or the one in MGM...........I've wanted to but we never seem to. I don't think Epcot needs a parade but if they did, I like the idea about getting everyone involved because Epcot certainly needs something to get it moving!!!!!!!! :lol:

WDWspider

Originally posted by Michael72688
yea, Disney has been famous for there parades, plus it helps to attract guests

Yes, I agree... the parades are just as much looked forward to in our family as any ride at the parks, we love them, and adored the Puppets in ToD and ToN (sorry Tiggerman), but would be just as happy with something less extreme.

Maybe a Parade with things found in each country? The Living Statue on a float, that periodically stops so it can change position. Some German Dancers, Chinese Acrobats, Mexican Hat Dance, etc... It would just collaborate all the experiences in one finale parade each afternoon. Whatcha think?

*What's the deal with the WEDWAY thread???? :lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Maybe the parks didn't used to need parades, but now that they all do, they will continue to need them. There will be a public demand for them, because we experienced that this year. When the March of the ARTimals closed at Animal Kingdom, it certainly irritated people, and now people are very pleased to see a parade return. Anyone who visits parks year after year gets annoyed when something leaves without a replacement, while ticket prices increase. Seeing as there has been a parade at Epcot for four years now, I think it may have become an expectation. Just like the expectation that parades change every few years, which made Magical Moments get annoying after the first couple years (that and the music, which you just can't take for five years). To varying degrees, it parallels taking out rides. If you take one out and replace it (Horizons-->Mission: SPACE), then the complaints end eventually. If you take something out and nothing replaces it (20,000 Leagues), guests stay annoyed for a while...it only affects, really, the loyal guests who come often, us...but notice we are the most critical disney fans you find. I can't wait to see all the "BRING BACK TAPESTRY!" sites....

wdwcrazy

I agree, then people go to see ToN or ToD, then next year they come back and they see nothing then the compaints will begin. A perfect example is the 20k lagoon. World Showcase need some kind of parade, maybe not a ToN or ToD. It just needs somthing.

TURKEY

I'm not sold on every park needs a parade.

One thing I think is that if a new parade is coming as a replacement for Epcot, AK, or any park, is that it needs to be of equal quality, if not better.

I think ToD would have been accepted better by people that had seen ToN if it was done to the same degree that ToN was and not seemingly thrown together.

I think that if another parade is to appear at AK in the future, then it needs to be as good as Jammin Jungle.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I'm not sold on every park needs a parade.

One thing I think is that if a new parade is coming as a replacement for Epcot, AK, or any park, is that it needs to be of equal quality, if not better.

I think ToD would have been accepted better by people that had seen ToN if it was done to the same degree that ToN was and not seemingly thrown together.

I think that if another parade is to appear at AK in the future, then it needs to be as good as Jammin Jungle.

Well, then, by your logic a new parade would be necessary. If something of the same or better quality is necessary, nothing certainly does not apply. Is 20000 Leagues of the same quality as it once was not that there is nothing (except character meet 'n' greet) there?

TURKEY

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Well, then, by your logic a new parade would be necessary. If something of the same or better quality is necessary, nothing certainly does not apply. Is 20000 Leagues of the same quality as it once was not that there is nothing (except character meet 'n' greet) there?

I guess what I was trying to say was that I'd much rather and I think the public would rather see nothing or keep the existing parade if a replacement parade wasn't as good or better than the replacee.

I would think that many ToN fans would rather have no parade than have the inferior ToD parade. If Jammin Jungle was replaced by a parade with 2 floats and was terrible just to have a parade, I would think that most people would rather not see a parade.

wdwfan22

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I guess what I was trying to say was that I'd much rather and I think the public would rather see nothing or keep the existing parade if a replacement parade wasn't as good or better than the replacee.

I would think that many ToN fans would rather have no parade than have the inferior ToD parade. If Jammin Jungle was replaced by a parade with 2 floats and was terrible just to have a parade, I would think that most people would rather not see a parade.

Who's to say that the replacement parade isn't better. It's everyones opinion on which they prefer. My family and I didn't care for Tapestry of Nations, but found Tapestry of Dreams a little more tolarable. So you can't always please everyone. I think change is good. It keeps the parks fresh. Even though sometimes the changes may not be liked by all. Look at the Main Street Electrical Parade, there are some die hard fans that will never be pleased with any type of replacement.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by mktiggerman
Macy's is famous for it's parades too. Yet you don't see them throwing a parade in every city they have a store in, do you

Thanks Rob! :)

What about a parade at EPCOT only on special occasions - ya think?

wdwcrazy

World Showcase needs something to draw people to it in the evening. Most of Future World shuts down at 7:00pm so you need somthing in WS in the evening. I think WS does defiantly need a parade.

ToTBellHop

I would love to see something like Disney's Eureka! over at California Adventure...great parade, fun music...very much like the vastly popular (best daytime parade in my mind) Jammin' Jungle Parade. "Come Away with Me..." World Showcase needs something fun...always so dreadfully serious...

TinkerBell9988

Re: What am I Missing???

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
WOW.....

At risk of being attacked by the TLW (Tapestry Lovers of the World - :p ), I just never found much entertainment value in this parade.

I thought Nations was bad and still can't find any reason to sit and watch Dreams.

No offense to the Cast, who I'm sure puts in 100% every time, but I just dont like it and will be glad when they replace it with something else.

Whew....I feel better now.......:hammer:

I agree with you, Brer Stitch. I really do not like this parade at all. BUT to all those who do, I feel terrible that one of your loved attractions will be long gone, becuase I have been there before, believe me :animwink:

Becky

Ok, thread drift time.:D

Epcot may or may not need a parade, but it does need something as it is a dying park:(

I used to spend three days out of seven at Epcot. Now I need less than a day.:snore:

The Land boat ride. They took away "Just make believe you're a tiny little seed" so now it is nothing more than a propaganda ride. And if you get Ray, exteremely boring.:(

Test Track. Fast pass it and you're in and out in "roller coaster" time. Now what?

Hum, on to Horizons:) Nope that's gone:mad: :eek: :(

Ok to the Living Seas and an underwater ride in the Sea Cabs. Oops, nope they are gone too:( . In December it seems most of the fish were gone to. Eat chicken:D

Body wars? Lame.

JII. Ruined that.

On to the WS. Hum, three 20 year old movies, a couple of "rides" and lots and lots of shops trying to take your money.

Does Epcot need a parade? They need something and MS alone will not be enough.

Give me time to put my armor on before you attack, oops I mean reply:D :) :cool:

Michael72688

Originally posted by Becky
Ok, thread drift time.:D

Epcot may or may not need a parade, but it does need something as it is a dying park:(

I used to spend three days out of seven at Epcot. Now I need less than a day.:snore:

The Land boat ride. They took away "Just make believe you're a tiny little seed" so now it is nothing more than a propaganda ride. And if you get Ray, exteremely boring.:(

Test Track. Fast pass it and you're in and out in "roller coaster" time. Now what?

Hum, on to Horizons:) Nope that's gone:mad: :eek: :(

Ok to the Living Seas and an underwater ride in the Sea Cabs. Oops, nope they are gone too:( . In December it seems most of the fish were gone to. Eat chicken:D

Body wars? Lame.

JII. Ruined that.

On to the WS. Hum, three 20 year old movies, a couple of "rides" and lots and lots of shops trying to take your money.

Does Epcot need a parade? They need something and MS alone will not be enough.

Give me time to put my armor on before you attack, oops I mean reply:D :) :cool:

I agree, Epcot is dying fast, and MS wont save it, they need a parade, rollercoaster (or two) a good water ride, and maybe some midway games (love those games) and of course for all the boring ones out there the rides would have to be "educational" yawn, yawn, yawn

Testtrack321

The whole Epcot floats thing sounds too corny and way to Disney steriotypical. I see it as a rolling science fair and Modle UN. Anyway..

TON- best parade. The lighting rigs are from Illuminations, so it wasn't added.
TOD- decent parade. Tolerable, but not the aw inspiring TON.

I can see some puppets going on eBay and possibly a drum or two, but I think Disney will keep the puppets for streetmosphere and corporate events.

And just to add, this parade was designed to only last 15 months, not 3 years. So it's a little worn out.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I agree, Epcot is dying fast, and MS wont save it, they need a parade

yes... a good one

rollercoaster (or two) a good water ride

1 roller coaster... 1. No more. It would have to be themed PERFECTLY... Epcot's theme is too easy to mess up. And they already have Maelstrom there..

and maybe some midway games (love those games)

NO!

orangefan15

maybe some midway games (love those games)

Midway games have no business being at Epcot. That totally is outside the theme of the park. In fact, they go against everything Epcot is.

Why not put some more of them out on the Boardwalk instead? They fit in out there.

ToTBellHop

Not to destroy anyone's arguments, but Epcot sees what...9,000,000+ guests/year? Aren't we being a bit melodramatic saying it is dying? I mean, I am a disney fan, too, so very critical of the company, but I don't think Epcot is dying...it's a fun park, especially now that I'm older and can sit through some of the slower stuff. Still, I do think it needs a good parade...get the team that made Jammin' Jungle Parade; that is exactly the type of parade that Animal Kingdom needed, so I assume these people know what they are doing (granted, it is some of the same team that made Tapestry). As for a roller coaster...well, I am a fan, but it would be tough to get one in...I certainly do not see it in Future World, as it would be stupid, but the idea to put a Matterhorn style ride in World Showcase would work, provided Disney found a way to keep screams from echoing around World Showcase...certainly could be done, if the mountain were back far from the World Showcase Promenade and not too high, with a building in front of it to block noise. What does it say when you hear screams around World Showcase. I can see it now, "SOMEONE IS GETTING MUGGED IN GERMANY!!!!!!!"

This park could use some fixing, and with the budget Project Gemini is rumored to have, it would be enough...I don't think it's a dying park, just out-dated...one thing that will suck, however, is when Epcot is basically closed for a few years to fix it...would disney want to do this after opening a new, major attraction? I don't honestly think so, therefore, I don't see this park being amazing in 3 years. It would take upwards of ten years to do this right...my personal feeling is that the projects in the most need are: Wonders of Life redone, Living Seas Redone, new country added to Epcot, Maelstrom updated, new shows for The Land, in that order. You may think Journey Into Imagination is not the same magic (and I agree), but be realistic. It has been redone twice in five years; it is staying how it is. Maybe if they did say...two projects at a time, it would work out fine, but, again, that could take up to ten years....of course, there's no better time than the present...

JasonCajun

lol I think Epcot needs to be more like Six Flags

:sarcasm off:

someone previously hit the nail on the head as to whats wrong with Epcot...

-they have closed several rides, for one reason or another. Many rides like Horizons, was a favorite of lots of people. Now they are talking about closing Spaceship Earth for an extended period of time?

-their rides have not been updated in forever. this includes the movies. Some of these movies I swear you see people sporting bell bottoms. SPaceship Earth, while I am in favor of keeping this ride as Spaceship Earth, needs to be updated.

-a thrill ride would not hurt, but it needs to be themed well.

-add another country or two to the world showcase. Spend some money and add some rides in the World Showcase too. I know its the responsibilities of the countries involved, but perhaps Disney could step in and pick up the slack.

Does a parade really matter? I seriously dont think it does. But I never have been a big parade person myself, although I loved the Electrical Parade from wayback. I still have found memories of it and the music.

Epcot just needs some updating. Changing Maelstrom to a thrill ride would be neat if it could be done. Something along the likes of Splash Mountain perhaps? Who knows, maybe that would screw up the theming.

Anyways, I really love Epcot and its still probably my favorite park. It bothers me to see people downing it like they have been, but I understand too that there are legitimate gripes that need to be addressed. Lets hope that Disney pours the money in to do what needs to be done. ANd Im not talking about just gutting old favorites to replace them with thrill rides. Update the old rides, and add new ones. God knows Disney has the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom