Tangled restrooms opening date

RSoxNo1

I'll agree TL is a mixed bag, but at its best it looks far better than the Circus.
No defense for the Speedway area, though.
Is Storybook Circus any worse than the tent theming of the it's a small world and Peter Pan's Flight? Yes, it's a jarring transition but outside of the Enchanted Forest, the rest of Fantasyland doesn't look all that great either.

RSoxNo1

That's a good analogy.

But I'll argue that MK does indeed need a couple of new MAJOR attractions. The last one opened 21 years ago. This is supposed to be the No. 1 park in the world ... and Disney PR used to love to trot out the Waltism about 'not resting on our laurels' when I can simply point out the facts that management this century has largely been resting on laurels of all those greats that came before.

Disney is showing parades from 1972 and 2001 that show that age. They have a stage show that dates back at least 6-7 years. The pyro show is a decade old.

Nothing gets updated (yes, until the very little substance New Fantasyland).

They bulldozed one stage for a parking lot. And another is used as an extra food locale when they offer free dining or during busy periods (yeah, expect the DH to be open for the two weeks around Easter).

Disney has rested on its laurels like Uncle Frank falling asleep on the crapper in the 1990s and waking up in 2013.

Everything about this MK project has been style over substance. That may be fine for simpler, less damanding, less discerning guests. But I've been visiting since (guess when?) and I've spent time in Disney parks and resorts all over the globe. They don't feel stale and tired like WDW's parks do.
MK: Needs a new D/E in both Tomorrowland and Adventureland. Also Space Mountain needs to be redone
Epcot: Needs to replace Imagination,Wonders of Life and UOE in Future World, and have a new country added to World Showcase
DHS: Needs several dark rides in the C/D range
DAK: Needs another E on the CMM plot but also several C/D dark rides

jt04

While Tomorrowland is absolutely a discordant mess, I think Lee's point is that WDW just overhauled Storybook Circus, poured a ton of money into it, and the result is meh. It should shine like a bright new penny, yet pales compared to this mere bathroom area/pathway.
The train station, however, was very well done. Oh wait, those are bathrooms too. Hmmmm . . . Whoever has been tasked with theming these bathroom areas needs to be promoted to bigger and better projects.

That is because the budget was diverted to build something that was more thrilling (new mountain) as Lee and others advocated. The circus is the result. Such short memories.

The nice thing about building out infrastructure is it makes it easier to add attractions in the future.

Lee

Adventurer
That is because the budget was diverted to build something that was more thrilling (new mountain) as Lee and others advocated. The circus is the result. Such short memories.
I never advcated the reduction in budget of any attraction or area.
I advocated the replacement of the mega-meet and greets with a real attraction, which became the 7DMR. If more funds were needed to bring the Circus up to the level of the rest of FLE, they should have been allocated.
However, once the decision to scrap Pixie Hollow in favor of the Circus...the die was cast, and the cheap route was taken.
The nice thing about building out infrastructure is it makes it easier to add attractions in the future.
Yeah...right. Start holding your breath now for more attractions in FL.:rolleyes:

jt04

I never advcated the reduction in budget of any attraction or area.
I advocated the replacement of the mega-meet and greets with a real attraction, which became the 7DMR. If more funds were needed to bring the Circus up to the level of the rest of FLE, they should have been allocated.
However, once the decision to scrap Pixie Hollow in favor of the Circus...the die was cast, and the cheap route was taken.

Yeah...right. Start holding your breath now for more attractions in FL.:rolleyes:

Iger will be moving on soon. Perhaps the next CEO will recognize the potential of WDW's theme parks and resorts. TWDC has come nowhere near realizing the potential of WDW. Although Eisner may have to some extent.

ExtinctJenn

Going to share this in my trip report as well (still writing it) but here ya go folks... a photo of the most anticipated toilet in the world and the view from it taken Friday right after it opened (yep... I did... don't judge)...

2013-03-08031.jpg

2013-03-08033.jpg

EDIT: Sorry I moved the photos and forgot to update the link. LOL!

taz0162

"I would not have supported this if I had known that the Peter Pan Restroom would be closed. Why do they have to eliminate the classics for the newer movie themes? I will have to boycot this area as I had previously boycotted Pooh for the loss of the all mighty Mr. Toad." --Said in a sarcastic voice <really this area looks nice>

ExtinctJenn

"I would not have supported this if I had known that the Peter Pan Restroom would be closed. Why do they have to eliminate the classics for the newer movie themes? I will have to boycot this area as I had previously boycotted Pooh for the loss of the all mighty Mr. Toad." --Said in a sarcastic voice <really this area looks nice>
But But But (butt) these toilets flush so much better than the slow outdated Peter Pan ones! :D

tl77

Did they include that tile mural on the ground at this new Tangled area? I haven't seen any photos of it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom