Tangled restrooms opening date

ExtinctJenn

Oh ok I see it now, it's just colored stones not the images from that blue-print that was floating around, thanks
Yeah that was the first thing we noticed too (no pretty tiles). It was definitely a dumbed down version of the plans. The buildings and foliage and landscaping are beautiful though and the little hidden Pascal was a nice touch!

taz0162

So is it time to start the (as like the Save the explorers club thred) "Save the Peter Pan Restroom" thred? We should not take this news "sitting down" or wait should we?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh ok I see it now, it's just colored stones not the images from that blue-print that was floating around, thanks

It always was going to be colored store, but they do appear to have scaled back the detail.

RapunzelPlaza.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
It always was going to be colored store, but they do appear to have scaled back the detail.

RapunzelPlaza.jpg

Thanks for digging this up. I wish there was a good overhead shot of the new plaza. I think the shading on the plans misled folks. I don't think it was ever supposed to be bold...that's just how you have to draft it with limited types of shading.

RSoxNo1

I never advcated the reduction in budget of any attraction or area.
I advocated the replacement of the mega-meet and greets with a real attraction, which became the 7DMR. If more funds were needed to bring the Circus up to the level of the rest of FLE, they should have been allocated.
However, once the decision to scrap Pixie Hollow in favor of the Circus...the die was cast, and the cheap route was taken.

Yeah...right. Start holding your breath now for more attractions in FL.:rolleyes:
I wonder how hard it will be to change the circus area to an Oz area?

ExtinctJenn

Thanks for digging this up. I wish there was a good overhead shot of the new plaza. I think the shading on the plans misled folks. I don't think it was ever supposed to be bold...that's just how you have to draft it with limited types of shading.
I wish I could remember where but I could've sworn I saw (I thought it was in this thread actually) a colored version of that showing those shaded areas as being like a mosiac of tiles (tons of tiny colored squares).

ExtinctJenn

Tom

Beta Return
I actually see the colored version there (thanks) but the one I'm thinking of had the little tile square things... or maybe I dreamt it in one of those "maybe TDO will step it up - even if it is only restrooms" dreams I have sometimes. :D

You dreamt it :). It was always called out to be colored stones.

RSoxNo1

So because this is a transition area between a world of Fantasy, and a world where people used bed pans for toilets, they split the difference and went with frying pans for the decor?

Rob562

So because this is a transition area between a world of Fantasy, and a world where people used bed pans for toilets, they split the difference and went with frying pans for the decor?

I only saw the movie once, but wasn't a frying pan a recurring theme with Flynn?

-Rob

lazyboy97o

Yes, the frying pans are recurring element in the movie, but for me they don't make sense hanging where mirrors would normally be.
It's available space. If you look, not having mirrors above the sinks is common at the parks. It speeds up the hand washing process as people do not stop to look at themselves.

Weather_Lady

It's available space. If you look, not having mirrors above the sinks is common at the parks. It speeds up the hand washing process as people do not stop to look at themselves.

I actually like not having the mirrors. Not worrying about my appearance is a blessed relief when I'm on vacation, and it certainly eliminates the cluster of teeny-boppers that would otherwise be hogging the sink space to check themselves out, reapply make-up, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom