Tangled Meet and Greet Rumor

Tigger1988

I didn't get a chance to meet Flynn on my trip in May and was looking forward to seeing him in October. I will definitely be writing a letter. This is very stupid on their part.

notnothin

Any chance that this change will mean Rapunzel and Flynn will appear elsewhere in an effort to relieve the madness that is the Tangled M&G?

emo

Come on peeps…really?!

I have to laugh at these posts. It's easy to tell in these threads who is a cast member and who is not. My family has visited to see Rapunzel at the park and I can tell you that any change they are proposing to make must be in the best interest for visitors. We waited…well, I waited for almost 3 hours to see Rapunzel and Flynn while my family enjoyed the park. I'm glad they are making some sort of change. And honestly, its not like that character or any other is going to be around forever. GET OVER IT!

I had heard that Naveen was leaving as well. Its such a shame! There have been quite a few cuts in entertainment over the past few weeks at MK, most of which the average guest wouldn't notice. There are a number of meet and greet locations in the Magic Kingdom that used to have two attendants and have now been cut back to only one. It may sound trivial but the extra attendant in those locations really helped with not only making sure the character is safe but to help facilitate the guest experience.

I'm sorry did you say they were cutting security guards or the attendants because the way you described that job was as if they were the secret service for characters. I've never gathered that these attendants were there for any reason but to assist my family and I.

Come on, jobs and roles go away everyday. I've worked all over the world and can tell you that out of the five companies I've worked for, jobs come and go. It's called change…it's inevitable. Oh yeah…change also usually brings new things as well…Fantasyland…Star Wars…two new cruise ships. The point is, to stay competitive companies make change…Disney, like every other company is making changes and I have to be honest but I've never experienced a change they have made that has made me upset as a Guest.

I just registered for this site and after looking at posts there seems to be more negativity here than I have ever seen regarding the company that my family and I love to visit. Maybe you should just visit Universal and other parks…I'm sure you would be much happier there. ;)

DisneyNut2007

I have to laugh at these posts. It's easy to tell in these threads who is a cast member and who is not. My family has visited to see Rapunzel at the park and I can tell you that any change they are proposing to make must be in the best interest for visitors. We waited…well, I waited for almost 3 hours to see Rapunzel and Flynn while my family enjoyed the park. I'm glad they are making some sort of change. And honestly, its not like that character or any other is going to be around forever. GET OVER IT!

I'm sorry did you say they were cutting security guards or the attendants because the way you described that job was as if they were the secret service for characters. I've never gathered that these attendants were there for any reason but to assist my family and I.

Come on, jobs and roles go away everyday. I've worked all over the world and can tell you that out of the five companies I've worked for, jobs come and go. It's called change…it's inevitable. Oh yeah…change also usually brings new things as well…Fantasyland…Star Wars…two new cruise ships. The point is, to stay competitive companies make change…Disney, like every other company is making changes and I have to be honest but I've never experienced a change they have made that has made me upset as a Guest.

I just registered for this site and after looking at posts there seems to be more negativity here than I have ever seen regarding the company that my family and I love to visit. Maybe you should just visit Universal and other parks…I'm sure you would be much happier there. ;)

Well, there are some forums that are far worse (MiceAge/MiceChat, LaughingPlace.com, etc.).

MAF

Oh B*#% please, Flynn was the star of Tangled, who cares about Rapunzel? :rolleyes:

WDWGoof07

Wait...you think it's a good thing for them to cut back (as is rumored) on something that is, judging from the length of the line, really popular? :confused:

MAF

I like Rapunzel, and I think most fans of the movie do, too. Her story and growth as a character throughout the movie was also very interesting to watch.

Yes I love her, Mandy Moore is amazing, but let's get real, everyone has a crush on Flynn.

Tigger1988

The only "change" being made is removing Flynn, you believe this will somehow impact the length of the line? Delusional.

Removing Naveen and Flynn is not being done in the "best interest of visitors."

MAF

This actually es me off, Flynn was the one character I was looking forward to meeting on my next trip. :fork:

asianway

I had heard that Naveen was leaving as well. Its such a shame! There have been quite a few cuts in entertainment over the past few weeks at MK, most of which the average guest wouldn't notice. There are a number of meet and greet locations in the Magic Kingdom that used to have two attendants and have now been cut back to only one. It may sound trivial but the extra attendant in those locations really helped with not only making sure the character is safe but to help facilitate the guest experience.

Having been to DL and WDW, the character attendant situation is markedly different in both parks. At DL, roaming face characters dont even get attendants, they manage their own line - shocking, but the Mad Hatter can tell people to form an orderly line. Other characters will usually have attendants assigned to them in groups by area, so one attendant can manage say Chip and Dale as well as Pinocchio nearby.

At WDW, add in photopass and you begin to question why so many attendants are needed especially at permanent setups with queue lines like Lotso or Cars. Especially Cars - theres no need for a photopass and 2 attendants, no one can convince me of that. So if the attendants have been cut, perhaps they were strategic, Ill be sure to keep my eyes open this weekend. Back when Mickey was at Hall of Presidents, there was never more than 10 people in the roped line, but a photopass and 2 attendants were omnipresent.

Now, removing two characters for whom the MK is their only meetable location, especially the most popular of all current meet and greets right now makes zero sense and places efficiency above show in a glaring way.

The answer seems obvious, Phil's trying to make bonus before 9/30/11 rolls around....

mwebb4

Please keep Flynn meet & greet!!!

My Son and daughter both watch Tangled 2-4 times per week for the last 4 months. It's easily the best Disney movie made in a long time. I know Toy Story and Cars makes them more money but my kids have watched Tangled more then all 4 of those movies combined. Only time will tell but I feel Tangled is very re watchable and has staying power to last 30-60 years like the Disney Classic Beauty & the Beast, Peter Pan etc... With that said it makes no sense to remove one of the few boy face characters. We have two trips planned this year both after July and both my kids will be very disappointed if they don't get to meet Flynn! Heck If I was Disney I'd be working on a way to have Maximus meet & greets :lol:

fmingo36

My Son and daughter both watch Tangled 2-4 times per week for the last 4 months. It's easily the best Disney movie made in a long time. I know Toy Story and Cars makes them more money but my kids have watched Tangled more then all 4 of those movies combined. Only time will tell but I feel Tangled is very re watchable and has staying power to last 30-60 years like the Disney Classic Beauty & the Beast, Peter Pan etc... With that said it makes no sense to remove one of the few boy face characters. We have two trips planned this year both after July and both my kids will be very disappointed if they don't get to meet Flynn! Heck If I was Disney I'd be working on a way to have Maximus meet & greets :lol:

We love Maximus too! My daughter named her goldfish after him.

I am also very disappointed to here that Flynn and Navid will not be doing M&G anymore. My daughter swoons over Naveen. He is such the charmer! :animwink:
I really hope Disney will reconsider this decision.

boufa

I love the "Its all princesses, you can't go anywhere without tripping over a princess." Now if they could just get rid of all the darn mice, along with the princesses, we would have??? Well, maybe it would just be a watered down six flags.

Like it or not it is all about the princesses. Remember the big blue building in the middle of the park?!?! Been there since day 1!

No I don't see the sense in this change, honestly I somehow doubt it will go down this way. This entire thread is based on a rumor, confirmed by a first hand rumor. Maybe its true, but then again it doesn't make much sense, so I will be waiting until I see it happening.

mbisenius

My 3 year old niece drew a picture to send to Flynn at Disney World while she watched the movie for the hundredth time this month. It will be disappointing if she can't meet him somewhere in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom