Tangled Area question

Rob562

And back to the PP que, I think an extended que still is pointless with your details u threw in there. Why not. Use that area to expand the ride. With that space they can adequately add at least 2 show scenes, and also add more ships for bigger capacity!

The problem is that the part of the ride that the bathrooms are adjacent to is the nursery scene and the London scene. It would take quite a bit of re-working to use that space for ride space.

What they need to do during an extended downtime is replace the track so that they can put in the two-row pirate ships that some of the overseas parks have. That's an instant doubling of ride capacity.

-Rob

RunnerEd

The problem is that the part of the ride that the bathrooms are adjacent to is the nursery scene and the London scene. It would take quite a bit of re-working to use that space for ride space.

What they need to do during an extended downtime is replace the track so that they can put in the two-row pirate ships that some of the overseas parks have. That's an instant doubling of ride capacity.

-Rob

Doubling the capacity is a great idea. I have read in other places that if they do a significant amount of work to the ride system itself, they would have to make it ADA compliant. Since it has "flying" boats, it would be very difficult to make it comply in case the ride had to be evacuated from what I understand.

bigeternity

I haven't been a fan of Disney as long as you have, what is this Rapunzel movie you specifically refer to, is it any good? Tangled was fantastic, I sure hope that there is a Tangled meet and greet with the characters from that movie!

I hope they don't build a Rapunzel M&G as I don't think anyone has ever seen it, but again maybe bigger fans of Disney, ones who know exactly what dinglehoppers are and criticize those who don't, will have no trouble remembering the names of Disney Movies, like Rapunzel.

If they don't build a Tangled M&G I'll likely sing baritone in the malcontent choir and wake up each morning ready to attack Disney like 50% of the billions on the internet.

Rapunzel = Tangled in the Disney universe.

ToTBellHop

Doubling the capacity is a great idea. I have read in other places that if they do a significant amount of work to the ride system itself, they would have to make it ADA compliant. Since it has "flying" boats, it would be very difficult to make it comply in case the ride had to be evacuated from what I understand.
There are ways to make it ADA compliant. For example, build a small room as part of the extended queue area where guests in wheelchairs can park and watch a video showing the Pan ride. Worked for the Submarine Voyage at DL.

Animaniac93-98

I asked earlier if more theming would be added to the IASW show building and from this picture that looks to be the case:

DatelineDisneyWorld122013-IMG_8901.jpg

Good update on progress in this week's Dateline Disney World from Miceage.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They need to use the PP bathroom to refurb the ride and make it longer, not an interactive que! What would the interactive que be about? Certainly not neverland because i don't see how that would work???
Certainly if you can't see how something would work doesn't mean the imagineers can't.

PittsBurghFuzz

I disagree. Normally I would be happy to see Walt Disney World making such an investment in such small projects . . . "The Disney Difference", and all that. Unfortunately, we're living in a time where Bathrooms get lots of money and effort thrown at them while some of their headlining attractions are left to rot.

Spending money is good. Spending money where it's not needed when other things are crying out for help . . . not so much. They need to find the balance again. I would gladly take a less elaborate bathroom if it would contribute to the raising of show quality standards across the board.

Glad I'm not the only one bothered by the fact that Rapunzel's tower is an elaborate restroom area.

JimboJones123

Side note, the Alice restrooms at DL have playing cards on the stall doors. The Alice restrooms at WDW don't.

Just another touch of theming that we miss out on.

Shouldn't all the stalls in the men's room have 2s on the doors?

WDWYankee15

I for one think that the Tangled area will work out well. A closed attraction will be put to use, traffic flow should be better and over all it will add to the Fanastsyland feel as you walk in. That area has become packed with strollers and people with small children so even when the park is slow it is congested. I seem to be in the minority but I think the whole FLE upgrade and Tangled area will work out well when everything is finished. I can tell you that's where the people with small children spend most of their time, like it or not families with small children do visit MK. In my mind the whole area will be much more family friendly and there will be probably a half day of stuff to do. Add in the M+G and mine coaster and it will work out well for the families even if the adults whine. The place wasn't built to be Cedar Point.

DHS would be a better place for more intense rides and that park needs some work.
Well said and I totally agree on all accounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom