Tangled Area question

tracyandalex

Doubling the capacity is a great idea. I have read in other places that if they do a significant amount of work to the ride system itself, they would have to make it ADA compliant. Since it has "flying" boats, it would be very difficult to make it comply in case the ride had to be evacuated from what I understand.

From what I have heard, because of the cost involved with meeting the ADA requirements sadly PP won't be touched until dies. When I rode in December it was quite rough so I hope there is some minor maintenance that can be done to it.

PhilharMagician

I for one think that the Tangled area will work out well. A closed attraction will be put to use, traffic flow should be better and over all it will add to the Fanastsyland feel as you walk in. That area has become packed with strollers and people with small children so even when the park is slow it is congested. I seem to be in the minority but I think the whole FLE upgrade and Tangled area will work out well when everything is finished. I can tell you that's where the people with small children spend most of their time, like it or not families with small children do visit MK. In my mind the whole area will be much more family friendly and there will be probably a half day of stuff to do. Add in the M+G and mine coaster and it will work out well for the families even if the adults whine. The place wasn't built to be Cedar Point.

DHS would be a better place for more intense rides and that park needs some work.

There still will be a pinch point between the between the HM FP machines/Mike Fink Keel Boat Queue BLDG and the Columbia Harbour House. There is that one area that gets narrow and you also have the entrance to HM to help confuse traffic patterns. All you need is a few guests standing there in the middle looking around to figure out which way to go and there will be brake lights for miles. However the addition of these restrooms is much needed and I hope this now allows for some mods to PP which is in dire need of queue help. The roof has been leaking for about 5 years that I know of and there has to be some serious rot in the roof structure above the PP queue.

George Lucas on a Bench

There still will be a pinch point between the between the HM FP machines/Mike Fink Keel Boat Queue BLDG and the Columbia Harbour House. There is that one area that gets narrow and you also have the entrance to HM to help confuse traffic patterns. All you need is a few guests standing there in the middle looking around to figure out which way to go and there will be brake lights for miles. However the addition of these restrooms is much needed and I hope this now allows for some mods to PP which is in dire need of queue help. The roof has been leaking for about 5 years that I know of and there has to be some serious rot in the roof structure above the PP queue.

The confusion at the entrance to Haunted Mansion could be addressed by removing all the stupid chains everywhere and making any sense of that queue. I think the setup was perfect when it first opened, with a nice little open plaza in front where you now encounter a hearse and a confusing awkward grid of chains. I actually thought that when they were building the interactive queue, it was basically to extend the queue and relieve that area when the line gets backed up into the confusing cul-de-sac of doom. But you know, instead they put in a playland and it doesn't really serve that purpose. There's so much damage to be undone at this point that Haunted Mansion's confusing congested entrance is a lost cause.

mvieguy

The confusion at the entrance to Haunted Mansion could be addressed by removing all the stupid chains everywhere and making any sense of that queue. I think the setup was perfect when it first opened, with a nice little open plaza in front where you now encounter a hearse and a confusing awkward grid of chains. I actually thought that when they were building the interactive queue, it was basically to extend the queue and relieve that area when the line gets backed up into the confusing cul-de-sac of doom. But you know, instead they put in a playland and it doesn't really serve that purpose. There's so much damage to be undone at this point that Haunted Mansion's confusing congested entrance is a lost cause.

If they really want to do some better Queing. just take the Mermaid Idea. and somehow theme that Cul De Sac into more of an Imersed Graveyard or some other idea. make the line wrap in and out the graveyard with interactive type of things. instead of that really long line that wraps half of the water

MickeyPeace

All this talk about a restroom cracks me up.
it's a themed bathroom, thats all. Peter Pan had a bathroom, almost, if not
directly across from Rapunzel's tower. It's a bathroom in a themepark. you either go there
to use the restroom, or throw up from motion sickness.

my question is, is the tangled area just a bathroom? or is there something more? like a building next to it for a meet and greet?

It will be a meet and greet as well as a bathroom. But, Rapunzel will be holding a can of Glade air freshener.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What does the strip of grey on the IASW building signify? I'm not picking up what you're putting down....

Looking at the side of ISAW on the left side of the picture, I think the OP is trying to say that the grey section is newly painted. I searched for some pictures from early in the construction to see if the grey is new or not but haven't been able to find one from the correct angle.

DatelineDisneyWorld122013-IMG_8901.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom