Talking Turkey with Magic Friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole220

*yawn*

Mornin'

Sup guys! newbie here. call me alex. i'm still getting around the forums so i don't really know where to introduce myself but anyway, i just recently got a job at the Disneyland resort last month. i work as a waiter at the Rainforest Cafe and i'm really enjoying my job. I get the night shift so i'm there from 5:30 pm until everything closes.
:eek:

Somebody from SoCal!

Hi Alex! I'm Nicole. :wave:

^Sounds like my shift at work. :lol: Welcome!

Hey guys. I know I haven't been on here for at least a few days now. Between 8-hour (+) work shifts and big school projects, I simply haven't had the time.

Somehow I think I'll be continuing the trend in the immediate future.

My grandma's been in hospice care for about a month now. I don't know why, but it occurred to me that I hadn't even told you guys.

She'd been really, really suffering, which to say the least was one of the hardest things for our family to endure, not the least of which my mom. Ever since my grandpa died, I don't think she's ever recovered. None of us have.

And now she's watched both of her parents die. :(

We got the call about an hour ago. Grandma passed away sometime this morning.

Fitting that she should pass on Remembrance Day, however.
Oh Danny, I'm so sorry!
((HUGS)) and prayers for you and your family.
:kiss:

Ahem. *Cough*
SOOOOOOOOOOMEWHERE!
OVER THE RAINBOOOOOOOOW!
:lookaroun

dandaman

Thanks dan! what's your work?

Hey there, coffee boy. :lol:

A&W. Just opened last month.

No problem buddy.

Homecoming Float, that is. :lol:

Aah.

Root beer might be best to leave out of the float construction, then. :lookaroun

Man, we need some good news around here soon. :(

Well... due to the funeral, my sister's coming home a week earlier (she was scheduled to come home the Tuesday before Thanksgiving).

I'm never good with the sympathy stuff... so why I think of something to say, what's "Remembrance Day?"
Is it a Canadian Veterans' Day?

Pretty much, though we only have one per year, whereas the U.S. has Veteran's Day and Memorial Day... and possibly some other one I forgot. :lol:

Like I posted in the Vet's Day thread, it's not truly Remembrance Day until you accidentally stab yourself in the chest with a poppy. :p

(Let that sink in for a moment... :lookaroun)

Thanks all. :kiss:

PotteryGal

Good afternoon everyone!

((Hugs)) for Danny and his family. :kiss:

Hope everyone else is well...we're having a chilly, rainy Sunday here.

joanna71985

^Thanks. :kiss:

...Freezing here, too, but it's been like that for about a month now. I've only seen a grand total of 1 snowflake. (Seriously. :lol: )

You're welcome.:kiss:

When I worked there, I'd go out there early in the morning and walk the lagoon before it got too crowded. I'd try to get a couple laps in before work...it was a great way to get in exercise. :king:

Tell me about it.:lookaroun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom