Talk us into it!

redfive13

Original Poster
My wife, 3 yr old daughter and I go to WDW every year (14yrs in a row), we keep wrestling withe thought of DCL but never pull the trigger. We are just concerned with the possibility of getting bored. We aren't lay out in sun people, so can someone tell us why we won't be bored on a cruise?

We as closer tan ever to booking a trip, but need a little push in the right direction...

Tasha315

Have you considered doing both? With a resort stay you can add a 3 or 4 night cruise, this will give you a chance to see what Disney cruising like.

The Disney Dream is my favorite, at least until the fantasy comes out.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
My wife, 3 yr old daughter and I go to WDW every year (14yrs in a row), we keep wrestling withe thought of DCL but never pull the trigger. We are just concerned with the possibility of getting bored. We aren't lay out in sun people, so can someone tell us why we won't be bored on a cruise?

We as closer tan ever to booking a trip, but need a little push in the right direction...

Man I know where you're coming from!

Through the years we had always wondered about DCL but it always seemed so pricey that we had disregarded it!

Then last summer we decided to try a cruise for the first time, and then I stumbled upon a great rate for the DCL Med Cruise so we jumped at t!

Now I knew my Gf and Daughter would love it but I had my reservations, mostly like yourself! Afraid of being bored stuck on a ship!

Well all doubts were blown away within minutes of boarding the Magic, there is just SO much to do its amazing! From Towel animal making lessons to beer/wine and margarita seminars to character meals to swimming pools to miniature golf(on the Dream and Fantasy) to movies on a HUGE TV up on deck to Fireworks At sea!!! To Fine Dining (and casual Dining) to Broadway Calibre Shows to Magicians to Hypnotists to character meet n greets to interactive games to Kareoke to Great Pubs, Nightclubs and bars to Deck parties and so so much more AND that's without any Port Excursions!!!!!

The Crew are brilliant, the Dining experiences are A1, everything onboard is just so much fun and everything from the decor to activities is just steeped in Disney Magic!!

To sum it up I booked my next cruise while on board :sohappy:

Go For It!! You will NOT regret it :wave:

Disneyfalcon

You came to the right place for that question!! :lol:

We didn't know how much cruises would appeal to us our first time either. I enjoy the beach, but not for long! Too much skin cancer in the family. We don't ever lay out!

You can be as relaxed or entertained as you want to be on a cruise. It's great for all ages in that respect. We spend our days snorkeling, kayaking, hiking and exploring and my in laws spend it on a tour of the city or on the ship relaxing, reading and watching movies. We all meet up for dinner and the shows at night!

Every night there is a list of the next days activities in your room. You truly could not do them all. Now they won't all appeal to you, but odds are many will.

On sea days especially, there's ton to do onboard. The ships show first run movies all day, have seminars, tours, dancing lessons, animation classes, towel folding classes, and the list goes on and on.

On port days is when you can really decide how active you want to be. There are tons of excursions to pick from or you can just go it on your own.

Lots of people will probably chime in here, but trust me, you won't be bored. Unless you want to be!:)

Bored?!?!?!?! No way!! We are in no way the "laying out" type. Tons to do.

You should look up some of the old Passporter newsletter to see everything that there is to do.

sweetpee_1993

I'm not a "lay out" chick and I don't even like the beach. We gave DCL a try this past September and, lemme tell ya, I feel as if a veil has been lifted! There is sooooo much to do and so many options for everyone. We went on a 3 day Bahamian cruise on the Dream in September and I feel like I didn't get to do hardly anything I wanted to. There's just soooo much! We've been die-hard WDW fans for quite some time as well. The hubby and I could care less about going back there anytime soon, tho. Nope, we want to get back on a Disney cruise. Believe me, that's completely unbelievable for me to even fathom sometimes but it's so true. The cruise we went on was pure bliss. It was awesome. I can't recommend it enough. If you have any specific questions or concerns this is the perfect place to get more info. We'll all help any way we can. We like to be 'partners in crime' like that! :cool: :lol:

mickeysshoes

We just did our first crusie on board the Dream this past August. I have always wanted to try but the price (as others have stated) keep me away. I i would find myself comparing the cost of sea to land...and it seems that you get so much more out of land (for less). Well I have changed my mind. There is plenty to do that I dont think you would be bord. We only had 4 days and there were parts of the ship we never even saw. Food was great and the resturants FUN. It very nice having the same wait staff everynight as they learn you and your likes and things just magical appear. You can sleep in and not feel like you are missing anything (time in the parks) You will not have to wait in long lines to see Mickey and all his friend....there is always someone out to meet and get hugs. I would say give it a try once...and do like we did start with a short trip so incase you dont like it your not out there for entire week. I say go for it!!!!

sweetpee_1993

^^^

That's exactly what we did! Short cruise for the first so it wasn't as big a commitment of time & money in case we didn't like it. Then we had 3 more cruises booked before the end of our short little cruise...... Lol!

Phonedave

Well, my kids and I do love the beach. I can spend hours sleeping, reading, and swimming. But there is no time to do that on a DCL cruise.

Sure, we swim on the ship, and we do go to Castaway Cay beach for a while, but we always seem to be back on the ship because there are things we want to do. (A friend of mine has a timeshare in the Grand Caymans - I can get my beach fix there :) )

We have been on 3, 4 and 5 night cruises and each time we leave there are things that we wanted to do that we did not get to.

-dave

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Well, my kids and I do love the beach. I can spend hours sleeping, reading, and swimming. But there is no time to do that on a DCL cruise.

Sure, we swim on the ship, and we do go to Castaway Cay beach for a while, but we always seem to be back on the ship because there are things we want to do. (A friend of mine has a timeshare in the Grand Caymans - I can get my beach fix there :) )

We have been on 3, 4 and 5 night cruises and each time we leave there are things that we wanted to do that we did not get to.

-dave

Have to agree with Dave and everyone, my only DCL cruise do far was for 11 nights in The Med and we had 4 Days at sea plus our time onboard during port days and we got nowhere near doing everything!!

The amount to do onboard is amazing!!

Just exploring the Ship makes for Great times :wave::D:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom