taking pictures on rides

gerawlyn deana

Original Poster
I understand that taking pictures on rides in the dark is a no no and I have no intentions on doing that, but what about other rides such as splash mountain or rides that go through phases but not in the dark, yeah or nay? this is our first trip and I am so excited and will have lots of questions.

Ginzuishou

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that......however....In most cases, I say put the camera away and enjoy the on ride experience ;) If you think you missed something, you can always watch "on-ride" videos on YouTube or check Google for images of the rides. This is just my opinion, of course, decide what works for you. Have a great trip :)!!!!!!!

Csmith041177

That is a good question, and one that I have wondered about also. My problem is, even when I try to take pictures on a ride like Splash Mountain, they turn out terrible because you are moving (Understanding that I am a photo newbie).

tlev

I've taken photos on Splash Mountain (water-proof camera) and multiple other rides many times. Typically there is an anouncement on rides such as Pirates of the Caribbean asking you not to use a flash.

C&D

See post 9, easy; also if, at the beginning of the ride/attraction, there is an announcement stating: no flash photography, or sometimes, no photography (at all).

TheJonesys

We used to take a couple of photos of rides (no flash I promise) but I agree I prefer to just enjoy the ride and see it all, it's the same if you record it, you miss half the details. My hubby always makes a photo DVD when we come home, so we take photos of the signs for our favourite rides which are outside x

Cmoto

Good question..... I have been reading all the trip reports and in everyone there is pictures of the people going thru the ride and showing pic's of the ride!! I am a photo junkie so I will be doing this myself!!!

Is splash mountain the only wet one??? Are there others that have mist or anything ???

I thought I would try to ride things twice, once for me and once for pic's!!

And I promise I won't use my flash!!!

Timekeeper

And aside from all of the "courtesy" issues, using a flash on a dark ride makes for some pretty horrible pictures. :banghead:

nemo_angler_fish_kuka.jpg

DSC06716.JPG

5-3-06037Medium.jpg

inside-space-mountain-david-lee-thompson.jpg

Weather_Lady

I understand that taking pictures on rides in the dark is a no no and I have no intentions on doing that, but what about other rides such as splash mountain or rides that go through phases but not in the dark, yeah or nay? this is our first trip and I am so excited and will have lots of questions.

I agree with those who say that taking photos on an attraction distracts you from just enjoying it. (If you must take photos on rides in which it is allowed, go ahead, but do so unobtrusively -- that means no bright digital screen or "on" light to distract others, and not holding your camera in places that will block others' view).

I'd suggest as an alternative that if you want photos to show the folks back home (or keep a record of your own memories), you can find wonderful (and often professional) photos and videos of every WDW attraction online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom