Taking Baby Bo to Pigeon Forge - a Live JenniferS Trip Report (7/23 - 8/8)

NYwdwfan

Check out here is 11 am. We’ll leave a bit before then though, so we can get the RV over to the storage compound by 11:00.

According to Google Maps, it’s 709 miles and 10 hr 14 mins of travel time.

I just completed our ArriveCan entry forms, so that’s out of the way.
So you got the right email account to log it?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bigggggg accident on the I75, so our travel time to Buc-ee’s was more than double what GPS advised. We were coming this way anyway.

$263.92 later ….

F05CD182-DD51-4DD5-B26D-AB94FCA2EF04.jpeg
31A00F40-A14E-4030-A3CE-984DC7C6082B.jpeg
FC669E28-77EA-4A22-B238-90931ECB6891.jpeg

All fed up and gassed up, and getting back on the highway. Waze advises an arrival time of 1:50. Waze doesn’t know we have a pup on board or how small my bladder is.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We stopped for gas just on the Ohio side of the Ohio/Michigan border, and the rain is coming down in sheets. Lots of thunder and lightning. While Mike was pumping gas, I took Daisy for a quick pee. Even with an umbrella, we got soaked to the bone.

We’ve decided to try and wait it out in a Meijer parking lot. I dried the pup off and wrapped her in a towel, and turned my seat warmer on for me. Mike is eating a leftover chopped brisket sandwich from Buc-ee’s.

2E6A8925-B0B5-4CC8-B328-A0CD1A5016C8.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Where we were … has cooled down. Finally.
2AE2BBAD-90CD-4E48-86CE-76A9256A8192.png

Where we are … is cool today, but generally quite nice. Perfect sleeping temps!
A4CB6E75-8E65-413F-B945-4BB5F03ECC0A.png

Where we’re going next … is hot as Blazes, but has a few weeks to cool off a bit before we get there. We only have one a/c in our trailer. It held its own in TN, but the Keys are a lot further south. Should have nice breezes though.
BEFA298C-6215-4C37-8E12-3083C0E51D89.png

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rating various experiences:

Sun Outdoors Pigeon Forge - 9/10.
Any of our minor gripes could have been remedied by having more staff. Given the “Hiring Now. Help Wanted” signs we saw everywhere, this is not an isolated situation.

Titanic Museum - 10/10
It’s my happy place.

Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show - 6/10
If it were half the price, it would be a solid 9/10. Food was good, the show was amusing, but at $200+ (factoring in exchange), I don’t think it was worth the cost.

Flapjack House - 10/10

Paula Deen’s breakfast - 7/10
Paula Deen’s dinner - 6/10
It was all good, but heavy on the sweet or salty. (Listen, if I can’t eat the bacon, it’s SALTY!)

Mellow Mushroom - 10/10

Olive Garden - 9/10
We like OG. Sorry, not sorry.

The Old Mill Inn - 10/10
Great food. Great prices. Great company.

The Weather - 7/10.
I think we’d like this week’s temps a teeny bit better. Lots of rain, but with no solid plans, we were always able to shift on the fly.

Clingmans Dome/Smoky Mountains - 10/10.
That being said, when we pull out of Pigeon Forge in a couple of weeks, there is ZERO chance we are heading in that direction. Our Illinois friends hauled their RV through the National Park, and said it was a white knuckle, harrowing journey.

Mini Putt - 17/18
(Inside joke)
Not my favourite course of the ones we’ve played, but hey, I won.

Tanger Outlets - Oy

The company - 10/10
We spent 18 days in a 300 sq ft tin can, and didn’t fight or argue even once. I was in control of the tv remote more often than not, so that helped. The pup could not have been better behaved. And it was so nice to spend a few days with our friendly neighbourhood Inn Keeper.

We never made it to Gatlinburg or Dollywood - part weather, part not wanting to leave the pup alone more than a couple of hours at a time.

Thank you to everyone who followed and commented. Let’s do it again soon.

82C15280-1BEA-4E7B-806F-B94059D54C42.png

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Rating various experiences:

Sun Outdoors Pigeon Forge - 9/10.
Any of our minor gripes could have been remedied by having more staff. Given the “Hiring Now. Help Wanted” signs we saw everywhere, this is not an isolated situation.

Titanic Museum - 10/10
It’s my happy place.

Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show - 6/10
If it were half the price, it would be a solid 9/10. Food was good, the show was amusing, but at $200+ (factoring in exchange), I don’t think it was worth the cost.

Flapjack House - 10/10

Paula Deen’s breakfast - 7/10
Paula Deen’s dinner - 6/10
It was all good, but heavy on the sweet or salty. (Listen, if I can’t eat the bacon, it’s SALTY!)

Mellow Mushroom - 10/10

Olive Garden - 9/10
We like OG. Sorry, not sorry.

The Old Mill Inn - 10/10
Great food. Great prices. Great company.

The Weather - 7/10.
I think we’d like this week’s temps a teeny bit better. Lots of rain, but with no solid plans, we were always able to shift on the fly.

Clingmans Dome/Smoky Mountains - 10/10.
That being said, when we pull out of Pigeon Forge in a couple of weeks, there is ZERO chance we are heading in that direction. Our Illinois friends hauled their RV through the National Park, and said it was a white knuckle, harrowing journey.

Mini Putt - 17/18
(Inside joke)
Not my favourite course of the ones we’ve played, but hey, I won.

Tanger Outlets - Oy

The company - 10/10
We spent 18 days in a 300 sq ft tin can, and didn’t fight or argue even once. I was in control of the tv remote more often than not, so that helped. The pup could not have been better behaved. And it was so nice to spend a few days with our friendly neighbourhood Inn Keeper.

We never made it to Gatlinburg or Dollywood - part weather, part not wanting to leave the pup alone more than a couple of hours at a time.

Thank you to everyone who followed and commented. Let’s do it again soon.

View attachment 659163
Sounds like a great introduction to RV life
Can't wait for the sequel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom