Taking Baby Bo to Pigeon Forge - a Live JenniferS Trip Report (7/23 - 8/8)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello Friends, Sageteers, and lurking family members, in approximately 30 hours, Mike and I (and the pup) will be taking our new RV out on our longest trip yet. We will be spending 15 nights at Sun Outdoors Pigeon Forge.

We are looking forward to numerous day trips, some time with our old friend @InnKpr, and some pretty decent meals out.

This isn’t a WDW trip, so no ADR’s, no set itinerary, no park reservations or FastPasses. We’re just winging it. I am so not good at that, so you’ll have to bear with me.

Also, this is the longest I will ever have been separated from my boys, so that’s gonna be weird too. Good … but weird.

Goofyernmost

I'm not in... that degree of wildness camping is not my thing. Just to much nature he said sarcastically.

Anything as primitive as a hotel with no room service is not my thing. I spent my childhood camping even in that style they are and hated it so much that I vowed never to do it again.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not in... that degree of wildness camping is not my thing. Just to much nature he said sarcastically.

Anything as primitive as a hotel with no room service is not my thing. I spent my childhood camping even in that style they are and hated it so much that I vowed never to do it again.
I’m not a camper. You’ve met me, you know I’m a little princess-y. This is as primitive as I get.

(I’m sorry your surgery got delayed, but we’ll all be thinking of you, and wishing you the best.)

NYwdwfan

How did Baby Bo get its name?

It was that or Vladdy - the two young Blue Jay phenoms.

View attachment 654889View attachment 654890View attachment 654891

To further her answer...the camper brand is JAYCO with a big Blue Jay logo on the front (generic Blue Jay not Toronto Blue Jay) - naming it after one of her beloved Toronto Blue Jays was the logical choice. Bo Bichette is the younger son of longtime MLB player Dante Bichette - nickname Baby Bo.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, no real itinerary, but there are a few things that we’re planning on doing.

Tomorrow, we will be visiting the Ark Encounter in Kentucky on our way down. This is a full sized Ark, built to Biblical specs, with interactive displays and museum quality artifacts.

We will, of course, visit the Titanic Museum. Big change this year - interior photos are now permitted. I repeat, interior photos are permitted. Current photo roll is 11,000+. Child’s play. I could take that many at the Titanic Museum alone.

According to @InnKpr (hereinafter referred to as IK), there is a new mini putt in town. I have two last place finishes currently under my belt. Can I get a third? We shall see.

Nearby Gatlinburg is host to many exciting activities centred around going up and down the mountain - gondolas, slide rides, the glass bottomed bridge. We’ll be doing it all.

Hatfield and McCoy dinner show? Yes please. Paula Deen’s? We’ll be seeing you more than once. I mean, just look at this breakfast menu! https://pauladeensfamilykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/PDFK-PF-4-2022-Breakfast-Menu.pdf

Dollywood is probably not on the agenda for this trip. It’s just too long to leave the pup alone. Wherever we can take her, we will; but if we can’t, we’ll try to keep our excursions to a few hours at a time.

We’ll be taking our bikes, as hiking and biking trails abound. (Also did you look at that Paula Deen’s menu? Copious amounts of exercise will be necessary.)

We will be doing a night of “boondocking”, our first ever! So that will be fun. Mike is filing up the freshwater tank as we speak. I need to fill up my personal coffee tank and then get to final cleaning and packing. Later, peeps.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
To further her answer...the camper brand is JAYCO with a big Blue Jay logo on the front (generic Blue Jay not Toronto Blue Jay) - naming it after one of her beloved Toronto Blue Jays was the logical choice. Bo Bichette is the younger son of longtime MLB player Dante Bichette - nickname Baby Bo.
Ha, we were writing over each other!

camper brand is JAYCO with a big Blue Jay logo on the front (generic Blue Jay not Toronto Blue Jay) - naming it after one of her beloved Toronto Blue Jays was the logical choice
Clearly, there was no other way to go.
Bo Bichette is the younger son of longtime MLB player Dante Bichette
Had to be. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom