Taking a first timer, have we made good choices?

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Good Morning All,

I am taking my first timer in September and I want to go to some of the best places, the "staples" if you will. I know that this is based on opinion and personal preference, but we all know some places are better than others be it for food or theme or characters. And in 9 days, it's impossible to squeeze them ALL in. (Because then we couldn't squeeze in our pants :() But I guess that's what second and third and tenth trips are for, right?

I wanted to schedule a nice mix of places for food and theme - some of my favorites and crowd favorites. I'm more concerned with the TS as we'll need ADR's for them. This is what we have so far, let me know what you think.

TS:
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Italy or France or Coral Reef
California Grill

QS:
Casey's
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbor House
TURKEY LEGS!
Flame Tree
Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans)

yankspy

Pretty good. I might change Liberty Tree Tavern to Whispering Canyon so that your guest can see the Wilderness Lodge and also experience the whole routine at that restaurant. Don't forget the Dole Whips!!:slurp:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
FYI, Liberty Tree is no longer a character dinner. The food is still excelent, but if you were thinking characters too, they are now gone.

And like yankspy said, might I suggest you do a TS at one of the other resorts. Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Artist's Point at Wilderness are both excelent choices. Both resorts are fabulus places to see and show a first timer. They really show off the spirit of Disney imagination.

Good choice on Casey's, that's my favorite CS. One of the first things we do upon arriving at WDW every year.

loweyan

Sounds like you have a nice mix of dining options.

My only suggestion would be to add fit Boma, Ohana (even it is not what it once was), or Whispering Canyon.

boma makes a great breakfast option as well if you want to mix things up for a table service.

If I was to remove one of your options it would probably be the Italy/france/reef one. I have not been impressed by Italy, France is a decent meal, and Reef is decent as well. But I would still offer the above restaurants as options instead of those.

Take care and happy Dining!
Marcus

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Ok I think we will work a resort in there, that's a great idea! Plus she will be able to appreciate all of the architecture and themeing. Maybe AK for breakfast? She is 27. And as excited as a 7 year old. I love it!

yankspy

Ok I think we will work a resort in there, that's a great idea! Plus she will be able to appreciate all of the architecture and themeing. Maybe AK for breakfast? She is 27. And as excited as a 7 year old. I love it!
I would say either WL or AKL. Either one has two great restaurants. If your friend likes themeing and architecture you might want to take a ride on the monorail and stop off at the MK hotels also.

Figment632

Looks good to me California Grill is my favorite try to make the reservation for an hour before wishes so you can watch from the observation deck and I recomend you request to dine in the wine room, from your table you can see illuminations and the fireworks at Universal!!!!

Ive heard the food in Italy is nothing special but Ive eatin in France and it is very good!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Good Morning All,

I am taking my first timer in September and I want to go to some of the best places, the "staples" if you will. I know that this is based on opinion and personal preference, but we all know some places are better than others be it for food or theme or characters. And in 9 days, it's impossible to squeeze them ALL in. (Because then we couldn't squeeze in our pants :() But I guess that's what second and third and tenth trips are for, right?

I wanted to schedule a nice mix of places for food and theme - some of my favorites and crowd favorites. I'm more concerned with the TS as we'll need ADR's for them. This is what we have so far, let me know what you think.

TS:
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Dine In
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Italy or France or Coral Reef
California Grill

QS:
Casey's
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbor House
TURKEY LEGS!
Flame Tree
Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans)

I think Chef Mickey, Cinderella, Le Cell are all musts - especially for a first timer! Good choices! LTT is a good chance - I prefer Crystal Palace to LTT though. I know Sci Fi and 50's are popular but I don't care for either one. I know they are traditional Disney though. California Grill, I have not been to but it is certainly a Disney experience - especially for the fireworks! As for the Italy, Coral Reef, Les Chefs - if you are looking for an Epcot choice - I would do Rose and Crown instead. Amazing location and view for Illuminations!! I did not like Italy at all. Coral Reef never been but I think it is two TS if you are on the DDP. So is Cali Grill and Cinderella table I think.

As for counter service - I like Pizza Planet at DHS, Yak and Yeti at AK. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom