Tacky things in WDW

camithepirate

I hate the stupid lightup spinny toys that are sold everywhere, and every child just has to have one.... tack-o-rama!

I find Crocs and Packs to be amongst the tackiest of visible items at Disney World. I don't care how 'comfortable' they are, they are uglier than an Epcot Sphere with four wands and frosted in Pink icing for it's upcoming 25th anniversary.

hah, i completly agree. the spiny toys distroy the disney nightime atmosphere, and make it like another tacky six flags..
hahah....oh man. crocs and pacs. two things that should have NEVER been invented. well put, i must say. :ROFLOL:

iheartdisney91

Original Poster
I think the ride dinosaur is ok and they should keep it but the rest of the dino carnival is tacky and looks like a state fair.:shrug:

that was the point to make it look like a fair/carnival but i agree its tacky they could have made a seating area for lunch or a play area or something

Thiger

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the cast member's outfits. Some of them are so bad, they can rival the carpets in vegas for tacky designs. I couldn't believe that the bartenders in pleasure island wear the same stuff! You'd think they'd be in some kind of 'nicer' attire.

agree w/ the child cleaning parents in the water zones. I saw a little bit of that my last trip and I suddenly couldnt eat my mickey ice cream bar anymore :(

pirate-princess

yup il agree with dinoland its not disney esque at all! i feel no magic when im in that part

the jungle cruise i think is more cheesy than tacky

i dont like the hat at the studios - i hate the new name btw!

mcstensrud

Okay,So what is a man suppose to do with his wallet,sunglasses,cell phone,cigaretts and lighter if he can't wear a pack?

Have his wife carry them?
I dont' think so!
:rolleyes:
Forgot car keys also.

Thessair

Okay,So what is a man suppose to do with his wallet,sunglasses,cell phone,cigaretts and lighter if he can't wear a pack?

I dont' think so!
Forgot car keys also.

Granted I never have the smokes and lighter, but I usually either wear cargo pants/shorts to carry all my stuff or a messenger bag of some variety or other.

dopeylove

I just realized you guys are already using "DHS"....how am I supposed to keep up on these boards? :rolleyes: I also agree that Dinoland is just made to be tacky, as it's a whole area of satire.

I love PC and all it's tacky glory.. have never been to the AS resorts

Have to agree with the fashion faux pas, such as packs, being totally tacky. The problem is that not many people look great after a day at the parks so I guess they are just succumbing to comfort and convenience with full force.

I love my pack!:( It keeps everything I need with me and off my back or shoulders. However, I never wear it outside of WDW.

iheartdisney91

Original Poster
I love my pack!:( It keeps everything I need with me and off my back or shoulders. However, I never wear it outside of WDW.

the word pack means something different in london! hahaha:lol:
but i just wanna say ur like my mom she brings it every where in WDW then when we get back home she forgets she even has it.

TestTrack

I dont' think so!
Forgot car keys also.

Wear the sunglasses or put them on top of your head, Cell phone in pocket, Don't smoke its not good for you ;), Wallet in back pocket and last I checked keys go in a pocket rather nicely as well.

wdwmomof3

I am with you on that one dopeylove. I hate them but at Disney, I don't think I could make it without it. I would NEVER EVER have it on anywhere else.:lol: With the pack & my Crocs, I look GREAT!:ROFLOL:

I would have to say that the Value Resorts are a little "tacky", even though I have and do stay there. After staying at a mod and then going back to a value I just laughed along with the kids at the outside decor. The rooms are fine but the over sized decor is a little funny at first, then you get used to it and go on about your day. :)

PeoplemoverTTA

Chester and Hester's is supposed to be tacky. like a road side attraction.....

Which is what Disney PR wants you to think..."Oh, it's part of the story!"

(For the record, I work in PR :))

Anyway, in reality, AK needed more attractions, WDW management apparently didn't want to spend time and money to think up new awesome attractions/experiences. Cheap Fix? Put up a tacky carnival and add a "story" so people won't have issues paying to play Six Flags/Carnival games in Walt Disney World.

Do not fall prey to the "story." DinoRama is nothing more than a cheap fix for needing more rides in AK (I won't dignify these poor excuses by calling them attractions).

mcstensrud

Thank you all for your input,But what happens to all this stuff in you pants pockets if you go on SM or KRRR.Doesn't it get wet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom