Tacky things in WDW

Dagger

Aerosmith's wardrobe on RNR. They are sooo tacky! :ROFLOL:

The princess doll teepees in the MK store windows. TERRIBLY TACKY! :ROFLOL:

The hair-dos they put on the kids in the Bibbidi-boutique place. YIKES!

I agree about the BBB hairdos... I know they are going princess but yikes. I am a mom of daughter/s too so I'm really in for it.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
I also feel the Hat at DHS is amongst the tackiest of things.

I find most of the Allstar resorts to be tacky. I've stayed there and it just gave me the wackiest of tackiest feelings.

DinoRama.... rename this area TackoRama!! (BOOYEAH!)

I hate the stupid lightup spinny toys that are sold everywhere, and every child just has to have one.... tack-o-rama!

I find Crocs and Packs to be amongst the tackiest of visible items at Disney World. I don't care how 'comfortable' they are, they are uglier than an Epcot Sphere with four wands and frosted in Pink icing for it's upcoming 25th anniversary.

Haha packs! Those are so 1950!!!! haha! Well i havnt seen one seince last night when my siter found her old one!

Ella's Mommy

Okay lets get this straight. You dont go to WDW for a fashion show. You go there to have the time of your life. This is not fashion week in NYC or Milan. ITS DISNEY!!!!!! Now with that said I would not be caught dead wearing a pack. But when in WDW dress like a tourist. My pack holds my cell/pda, digital cam, video cam, car keys, anti-bac wipes for all u grimey people and kids who dont wash your hands properly, room/park/dining card, extra hair thingys, hankies, and the ever important MOOOOOLLLLAAA!!!! But seeing as though I will be 7 months preggo on my next trip I wont be able to wear my pack. I hate backpacks and you cant take a backpack on all rides. And as for the cargo shorts. Yes we all enjjoy seeing those teenage boys and MEN wearing those cargo shorts with stuff in all the pockets forcing the pants to sag to the ground thus showing the underwear or lack there of for all to enjoy.:hurl: And if thats to be more stylish then you should know that cargos are so out. Dont believe everything you hear on an Old Navy commercial.LOL!!!!

P.S. Crocs RULE!!!! Anyone who says different is probably to cheap to by them.:lol:

Thessair

Yes we all enjjoy seeing those teenage boys and MEN wearing those cargo shorts with stuff in all the pockets forcing the pants to sag to the ground thus showing the underwear or lack there of for all to enjoy.:hurl:

That's why we use a little thing called belts. Strange as it may seem, they keep your pants or shorts up.

And if thats to be more stylish then you should know that cargos are so out. Dont believe everything you hear on an Old Navy commercial.LOL!!!!

Who cares about fashion? It's about function. The same reason you wear your pack.

P.S. Crocs RULE!!!! Anyone who says different is probably to cheap to by them.:lol:

Uh, nope. Personally I find them hideously ugly. It has nothing to do with money, at least for me. I can't speak for others.

Ella's Mommy

Even with a belt I've seen enough underwear.
Yes thats right. Its utility. Do wear these sorts at home or just in the park. Beacuse if you wear them all the time its doesnt count.
Whats hideous is seeing someone wear teva sandles with socks.

Thessair

Even with a belt I've seen enough underwear.
Yes thats right. Its utility. Do wear these sorts at home or just in the park. Beacuse if you wear them all the time its doesnt count.
Whats hideous is seeing someone wear teva sandles with socks.

Then obviously they aren't wearing their belts properly. And if I wear them all the time because I need the pockets? What then? I don't, but your argument is a little weak. I know plenty of people who wear cargo shorts and cargo pants because it makes their jobs a little easier to do. There are also plenty of young people in this town who consider themselves up-to-date and wear them.

Just because something isn't popular or trendy in your school or city, doesn't make it dead the world over. And, quite honestly, I don't think any of us are qualified to lay blanket statements on what is considered trendy. Still, you have your opinions and while I don't necessarily agree with them (re: Crocs), you are entitled to them just as much as I am entitled to mine.

Ella's Mommy

Your right were going to agree to disagree. I have been out of school for quite some time now, so no I'm not talking about what the "it" girls were wearing in homeroom this morning. I just LOVE fashion. Its not a crime but I like to keep up with whats going on in the fashion world. Cargos not so much up there. I'm not commenting on you personally. But some people think its more stylish to wear cargo pants instead of a pack. That was what I was commenting on. Dont take it personal.

Thessair

Your right were going to agree to disagree. I have been out of school for quite some time now, so no I'm not talking about what the "it" girls were wearing in homeroom this morning. I just LOVE fashion. Its not a crime but I like to keep up with whats going on in the fashion world. Cargos not so much up there. I'm not commenting on you personally. But some people think its more stylish to wear cargo pants instead of a pack. That was what I was commenting on. Dont take it personal.

I wasn't taking it personally, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was simply trying to say that we all find different things tacky and that no one person is really qualified to lay down definitions of what defines it. (This means you Hollywood reporters!) Again, sorry if I gave that impression.

disneyfan56

I think the moral of the story is: he who wears cargo's should not throw rocks at those who wear packs.

Tacky is a frame of mind. Wear your pack or cargo's with pride.

Cmdr_Crimson

Tackiest...That every store has the same Dang PoTC Shirt..Oh Good thing I won't forget to get it across the street from the Emporium...Oh Dang.. I forgot I needed a Disney Parks shirt...Oh Wait! There it is in Merchants of venus! Yeah..Tacky!

Tom Morrow

ok this should be fun.
i'll go first
on the WDWRR when your near the indian village if you listen CLOSLEY you still hear Pocahontas's spirit singing to john smith. then the train blares "Colors of the Wind" haha:lol: my family and i always burst out lauphing we look forward to that haha
...you do realize that that is the joke, right?

I also agree with some other poster that most WDW shirts are really tacky. You can barely find tasteful shirts. Instead, they all have huge pictures or too much artwork on them.

Examples: t-shirts for attractions. The ones for Tower of Terror have always been terrible. They have no idea how to make a subtle t-shirt.

They also don't seem to realize that not every WDW shirt has to have a character on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom