Tacky things in WDW

Dragonrider1227

Dino-Rama looks pretty tacky but I think Disney wanted it to be tacky. Not to mention, I think some cast members have warm memories of those tack sideshow carnivals and wanted to re-ceate that. (and it's kind of nice to be in a carnival style place i'm NOT afraid to go on the rides in or eat the food at) :ROFLOL:
I'm suprised no one has said The Haunted Mansion for it's b-movie horror film atmosphere and old style magic trick effects. Not that this is bad, but still a little tacky

Dwarful

Tacky - sitting right in the middle of the row after you have been told numerous times to please go all the way down to the end of the row, thus, making the next 40 strangers climb over you ( or step on/over you). How self-absorbed can people be????

BTW we went in Aug. w/36 people, mostly 10-11yr old girls. My husband wore cargo pants (w/belt, he never goes out of the house w/o a belt) but he did not want to be weighed down with the numerous things mothers bring (for good reason)...hence I either wore a pack or we carried a small backpack...for handi-wipes, antibacterial hand gel, asprin (you take a Girl Scout troop of 10-11 yr old girls from Illinois and see how long you can go w/o asprin!) and SUNBLOCK!

The Tower of Terror thingy in the middle of World Dr. is pretty tacky.

There is also a hotel called the Nickelodeon Hotel just outside of Disney as you head out on World Center Dr. just before the 417. Ugliest hotel EVER! Even though it's not in Disney, I think it's close enough to qualify for this thread.

Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that there is a hotel outside of Disney called Gaylord Palms and that Spaceship Earth is being sponsored by a company called Siemens? Not to mention people asking me where they can find pooh?

JLW11Hi

Judging by this thread....WDW is tacky!

Seriously though, pretty much anything in the souvineir shops. I know they bring in the money, but they are, IMO, the biggest illusion breaker in the parks.

"Aw, how cool! An old time Trading Post like in the old west! Wait a minute...since when did cowboys wear t-shirts?"

TestTrack

Judging by this thread....WDW is tacky!

Seriously though, pretty much anything in the souvineir shops. I know they bring in the money, but they are, IMO, the biggest illusion breaker in the parks.

"Aw, how cool! An old time Trading Post like in the old west! Wait a minute...since when did cowboys wear t-shirts?"

That's one thing I like about a shop at Cedar Point. You can still walk into a little shanty type place and its an old time candle shop. They make them there and you can watch them do it. Probably the best example of what more theme park stores should be like IMO.

MinnieMommy

We cannot stand DinoRama. Last year, my sister insisted on riding Primeval Whirl. I felt like I was back at King's Island here in Ohio. Funny thing is, the ride made her sick and then she was too nauseous to go on Everest. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom