Tablets in the parks...

ratherbeinwdw

We were behind a large family (8 or 9 people) that took up the first two rows of the Great Movie Ride. Three of them recorded the entire ride: one iPad, one phone and one camera! Your whole family is here! Who else is going to want to watch your entire video of the Great Movie Ride? Do you really want to watch it again yourself? It was strange watching that, but I think I was more befuddled than annoyed.
Except for actually being there, there's not a lot better than popping a Disney sd card into the big screen tv, grabbing a pizza and popcorn and "going" to Disney. Even with dark recordings in HM, just listening to the sounds gives you the feeling you're in Disney. I have most everything on sd cards and dvd's that we really like to do. Just the walk to the gate at MK and the walk up to the castle can turn a frown upside down. We don't sit around doing this, but it's nice to have when needed.

Tinkerkell

We were behind a large family (8 or 9 people) that took up the first two rows of the Great Movie Ride. Three of them recorded the entire ride: one iPad, one phone and one camera! Your whole family is here! Who else is going to want to watch your entire video of the Great Movie Ride? Do you really want to watch it again yourself? It was strange watching that, but I think I was more befuddled than annoyed.

It bothers me to see a lot of screens right in front of us during an attraction or show. I find it to be very distracting, most of all in a dark theatre or part of a ride.

luv

I figure that the people holding them up don't have enough money to buy appropriate devices for different things. Maybe there is someone at home who couldn't make the trip and they want to share it with them or whatever.

I don't know everyone's circumstances and try not to pass judgement.

It is annoying, though, when watching fireworks.

I don't like being stuck behind people who are texting or tweeting or whatever, either.

Gojira ゴジラ

It is freakishly annoying. The guy accidentally hit the home button and his ipad suddenly became so freakin bright. It's more annoying then a flash light.

I mean the camera isn't that good, if they can afford an ipad, they can afford a small point and shoot camera.

And it's hard not to pass judgement especially if it distracts you from watching a show like World of Color

ipad.jpg

ratherbeinwdw

It bothers me to see a lot of screens right in front of us during an attraction or show. I find it to be very distracting, most of all in a dark theatre or part of a ride.
I agree. That's why I bought a camera/video recorder that has an evf lens. No bright lights to bother other people. It's also great for sunlight. Even my dedicated camcorder screen can be turned off and I can still record. Took a lot of practice to be able to tell where it is pointing. I don't always get it right, but I'm pretty good.
And, my pet peave is the people who use their flash when they've just been told no flash. Drives me crazy.

MorganKelly

I love my iPad, but did not bring it into the park last week. I guess it works for some folks, but I did not want to carry anything more than I had to or have to worry about laying it down and forgetting it.

2bornot2be

why? On this last trip I saw at least 6 people taking photograhs using a tablet. Why would you lug one around when point and shoot cameras are so small? Heck, even my Nikon D40 is easier to deal with than my tablet.

I agree and could not understand this myself.

acishere

I think I have used the camera on my iPad a total of 6 times. Its just too big for me to think about carrying around as a photo taking device. Especially since I can just use my phone for photos. The quality is better, the flash is brighter, and I just move them to my photo account if I want to view them on the iPad's larger screen.

Plus I have no bag with me in the park. So where am I supposed to keep it between use? At least my phone fits in my pocket.

wdwmomof3

We will not be bringing our ipad to the parks. I do carry my camera, and the kids have their phones, but while we are on vacation I want to enjoy what we are doing. The phones are put away. They can sit around on the iPads, I touches, cell phones, laptops and all of that crap when we get home.

Uncle Lupe

Amen. My daughter used hers to Skpe with her friend who couldn't go to Disney. She could actually see what we were doing; not just have still shots. It make her feel like she got to experience something new she may never get to do until she is on her own. My daughter does not have an IPad, she has a Steak that has a two-sided camera for Skpe and built-in WiFi. It's only a 7 inch, so it isn't very intrusive or heavy. People could have all kinds of reasons for using their tablets. Where's the love?

Steak? I'm not on the cutting edge of tech but is that geared toward men?

mousehockey37

I just got back from WDW and this was actually something I saw a lot of. It's something to be careful about. The people that I saw using theirs were walking disasters. They would take pictures, then try and post or tweet or whatever while walking to the next thing and they were just a hazard in the walking paths.

On a side note, it makes you look like a pretty easy target for a criminal (most of us with cameras, have them on our wrist or around our necks) The iPad users have these things in the open then slide them in a bag where it could be easily lifted (remember, just because it's the most magical place on earth, doesn't mean real life criminals don't exist.)

G00fyDad

I'll still be taking mine for use in any long ride/attraction lines that I will be in alone. I typically do not care to know all about the person standing next to me and how their aunt Petunia has a bad case of gout, and how they drove all day and night to get here from Washington State, and how they are so full from.... eating ..... at...............Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'll take my tablet and ignore these people. Then I 'll bring that tablet back out and place it in my backpack where it will stay unless I need want to check something on the internet. Not too likely since I have my smart phone for that, but, hey, I'll have it if I want to use it. ;) And I will be securing it in said backpack well enough that if some moron tries to open the pack to take it I will probably be arrested for what I do to him (or her). :D

And for those that wish to walk about while texting or surfing while on these tablets, they don't need to get mad when I (truly) accidentally bump into them and their tablet crashes to the ground. ;)

Kramerica

It makes zero sense to me. Intact, apart fron the front facing cameras for Skype, FaceTime, etc. I don't see the use for a camera on a tablet at all. Why? If you've got a tablet you've probably got a nice phone which has a nicer camera built in. Even the newest iPad only has a 5mp camera as opposed to the new 4s 8mp. It doesn't even meet the old 4's camera. And newer phones are starting to get even better than that. And without a massive bulky package. Someone, please explain this to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom