T-Rex vs. Rain Forest

trav1921

Original Poster
I know these are two different animals but in looking past this which in your opinions is better? Atmosphere, food etc.

WDWmazprty

I haven't been to T-Rex yet, but I love Rainforest. The general concensus is that T-Rex is pretty much Rainforest Cafe but with a diffeerent and louder atmosphere. The food I hear is pretty much the same. So I guess it would come down to which atmosphere you want.

disney4life2008

Went to both in January. TRex is NICE because it is NEW. It is VERY VERY LOUD! The service is good (not exceptional) and the food - well actually is not that great. I do not ever have to go back. Way overpriced.

Rainforrest is the same callibar but it is much nicer to dine at. The food is always HOT and DELCICIOUS.

But because you have never been to TRex, I say give it a try. You can decide from there if you like it or not. Beware if you are going during a busy time - waits can be up to an hour or more.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I would go for TRex. I know this is silly logic but I feel that b/c Rain Forest Cafe has multiple locations across the country, so, perhaps you can go there when not on a Disney vacation. And TRex - that's all Disney. So I always opt for the total Disney experience. :lol:

BirdsOfPreyDave

We've tried them both. The food was good, but they're both too loud for us.

I wrote a trip report on our meal at T-REX over Christmas, but I'm new here and don't know if linking to other boards is permitted or not.

bugsbunny

both we're loud, but OK...at best. The theming is incredible and the first time you go there, you really feel like you get your money's worth. But even in "disney dollars", these 2 places are ridiculously expensive for the quality of the food and the amount.

Ate at T-Rex in December. TWO cheesesteaks were $27!!!!! And being from the Philly area, I can tell you they were NOTHING like a real cheesesteak. Regardless, $27 for TWO sandwiches is RIDICULOUS!

Its a fun place to eat, but the prices are waaaay over-priced even when compared to WDW. If you don't mind $12 cheeseburgers, then you will certainly enjoy yourself at either place ;)

I would go for TRex. I know this is silly logic but I feel that b/c Rain Forest Cafe has multiple locations across the country, so, perhaps you can go there when not on a Disney vacation. And TRex - that's all Disney. So I always opt for the total Disney experience. :lol:

T-rex is not all Disney. There is a location in Kansas City. Its first expansion is to DTD but there are plans on the table for more expansion.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Went to both in January. TRex is NICE because it is NEW. It is VERY VERY LOUD! The service is good (not exceptional) and the food - well actually is not that great. I do not ever have to go back. Way overpriced.

Rainforrest is the same callibar but it is much nicer to dine at. The food is always HOT and DELCICIOUS.

But because you have never been to TRex, I say give it a try. You can decide from there if you like it or not. Beware if you are going during a busy time - waits can be up to an hour or more.

I agree with this. T-Rex is a nice idea, but just ridiculously LOUD! I'm talking about loud to the point where it ruins the dining experience. The room we were in had lights that changed colors and were disturbing as well. I suppose the food was ok, but with all the choices I have to dine on property, I see no reason to deal with that atmosphere again. I've never left Rainforest with that feeling, so that's clearly my preference between the two. :)

pacochran

We've done both and I like TRex over rainforest. To me there was more going on at TRex than at Rainforest, and the different themed rooms were nice also. The food I think is on par at both wouldn't say one was fantastic over another.

scheat

My two cents-we've been to both-go to T-Rex for the experience. When I'm at WDW, it's all about fun and I could care less how loud it is(unless they were blowing a bullhorn in my ear.) If I want a nice romantic dining experience, I'll go to V&A's.

plaz10

after going to rainforest a few times and t rex last month...i'd say T Rex

i personally enjoy the atmoshpere better, with the different types of rooms. rainforest is just one big rainforest and there is a forest-type room at T Rex

there were a TON of people at T Rex and yet our wait was only 20 minutes (and they were right) because they move people in and out of that place like nobodys business!

and i very much prefer the Chocolate Extinction to the VOLCANO

but the food was the same at both places - nothing great. just average.

:)hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom