T-Mobile Adds 4 New Towers

Woody13

Also, you get free WAP browser access via T-Mobile GPRS. Now, they don't advertise this option, nor do they even instruct users how to access the free browser, because they want you to sign up for "t-zones" and pay $5.00 a month for the service.

However, you can use for WAP sites like wap.espn.com, wap.cnn.com, wap.yahoo.com for free (there are lots of others). You just have to figure out how to program your phone. It was easy on my X105 and E105 units.

Coastieboy00

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
Also, you get free WAP browser access via T-Mobile GPRS. Now, they don't advertise this option, nor do they even instruct users how to access the free browser, because they want you to sign up for "t-zones" and pay $5.00 a month for the service.

However, you can use for WAP sites like wap.espn.com, wap.cnn.com, wap.yahoo.com for free (there are lots of others). You just have to figure out how to program your phone. It was easy on my X105 and E105 units.

Point your WAP phones to pocketdisney.com I found it the otehr day and it has timeguides, maps and more!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Many thanks to you both! This is an awesome find for a freak like me. I just wish I had know about the GPRS stuff last month. ;) :sohappy:

Coastieboy00

Original Poster
HauntedPirate said:
Many thanks to you both! This is an awesome find for a freak like me. I just wish I had know about the GPRS stuff last month. ;) :sohappy:
No worries man. I have been offered several jobs with T-Mobile and guess what, as soon as they find out I have no retail they turn me down. Well, I guess now after working Disney Wold Merch I can now take the job LOL. Anyone has any other mobile question, shoot me a PM.

Tom

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
T-Mobile is great.. I used to have them. But it's impossible to beat my plan right now with Sprint. $65/month for unlimited talk, and $10 for unlimited 3G services. Gotta love FCC Punishment Plans :D

s25843

mkt said:
T-Mobile is great.. I used to have them. But it's impossible to beat my plan right now with Sprint. $65/month for unlimited talk, and $10 for unlimited 3G services. Gotta love FCC Punishment Plans :D

I was looking at T-Mo's data-only plans and they look pretty good. I have Nextel for my main contract right now, and a Verizon ExpressNet contract that ends in July. Verizon is nice, and if I went with T-Mo, I would take a drop in surf speeds, but for the price, you just can't beat it, $30 a month versus $80 a month is worth the speed decrease

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm out of contract and I can't find any provider willing to match my plan... if T-Mobile were to offer service that covers PR and didn't roam, I'd switch in a heartbeat. For now, I'm just going to upgrade Sprint Handsets for one of their newer spiffy GPS Tri-Band handsets from my freebie A500.

WDWSwashbuckler

T-mobile has been investing what they say is "billions" of dollars in towers all across the US. Or at least that's what they told me in the little survey thing over the phone. Glad to hear they're putting up new towers in WDW. No wonder I could listen to all of M:S while you were riding, Tom.

WDWSwashbuckler

Oh, and by the way, Tom.. (or anyone who knows) How much would it be to just get 300 anytime minutes and add on free nights? Or can I do that? I'm not really using my cell much these days.

phlydude

I had T-Mobile. THey ed me off. When my display broke, they wouldn't let me buy a phone from their retail stores at all but were willing to sell me a phone at a discount mail order with a contract extension. Needless to say, I dropped them on the last day of my agreement and haven't looked back.

Sprint is the way to go, I have had an account with them since 1997 when PCS first came out in Philly area and was only away from them for the year I went with T-Mobile (their family plan was the best at the time).

Rob, you got your A500 for free? I paid 220 bucks for it discount when they came out and were going for $300-350 retail! That makes me mad!!

Coastieboy00

Original Poster
WDWSwashbuckler said:
Oh, and by the way, Tom.. (or anyone who knows) How much would it be to just get 300 anytime minutes and add on free nights? Or can I do that? I'm not really using my cell much these days.

You can't add nights to the 29.99 300 Minute Plan Paul. Sorry.

TravisMT81

I have had Sprint for 5 years now and they have ed me off so many times it is unreal that I am still with them. But they offer the best plans and my family has sprint and my sister n law stays with Sprint because her family is in Puerto Rico. But let me tell you the reception sucks on property and when I am home (Dr. Phillips) forget about useing it, I have to use the house phone grrrrr.

AndyP

I suppose this is good news for US customers of T-Mobile and those who visit WDW on a regular basis, not so good if people start using them on rides though!

Figment1986

Disney could install the signal scramblers... i know my school has something like that.... I cannot get one cell in the main building... thenoutside i get full coverage, then in the band suite i get 2 cells.... Interesting hua....

I think disney should install those thatway the rides cannot be ruined....

Figment1986

How are signal scramblers illegal for cellphones when they arn't supposed to be allowed on inside the building, not even teachers..... (it also could be the roof they used, when i help the Middle School band, same thing, but weaker signal ourside and none inside...)

phlydude

Because the federal government has the say over what is and isn't legal for radio transmitting devices. The school thinks it's above the law. It doesn't matter what the school's policy is, the FCC mandates that radio signals need to be unobstructed and devices that cancel them out are illegal for non-federal gov't use.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Thanks for the information Coastieboy! :wave: I signed up with T-Mobile last month (in part) because of their rapid tower expansion. Also, in North America the GSM frequency used by T-Mobile phones is 1900 Mhz. That frequency is much higher than that used by other cell phone services. As a result, the phones have much improved transmission and reception capabilities.

You answered my T-Mobile question that I posted on April 25, 2004 on this forum:

"Most cell phones in North America (for example Sprint and Verison) use Qualcomm's Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital format. T-Mobile exclusively uses the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) standard that is used in Europe and Asia. AT&T Wireless and Cingular are in the process of switching over to the GSM digital format from the Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) digital format. Nextel uses its own digital format called Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN).

GSM is clearly superior to the other digital formats, however, GSM is still a much smaller network in the U.S. since it is so new to North America. Considering its rate of growth, GSM will most likely dominate the market by 2005 but my concern is about this year at WDW."

Kind of true, but Cingular has GSM pretty much everywhere now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom