Switching resorts during trip help

dvcnut39

We are going to WDW from 12-21 OCT12. We are staying at BVC from 12th-18th, then we are switching to BLT for the last three nights. My question is- how to get our luggage from BCV to BLT on the 18th. Our problem is that we are planning going to early entry at MK on the 18th, and then hopefully staying for MNSSHP that same night (MK closes at 7pm). As always, thanks in advance.

G00fyDad

We are going to WDW from 12-21 OCT12. We are staying at BVC from 12th-18th, then we are switching to BLT for the last three nights. My question is- how to get our luggage from BCV to BLT on the 18th. Our problem is that we are planning going to early entry at MK on the 18th, and then hopefully staying for MNSSHP that same night (MK closes at 7pm). As always, thanks in advance.

We've never switched resorts mid stay before but I'd imagine that Disney CMs at the front desk of the BVC will transfer the luggage for you.

Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

I, too, am interested in this topic. My boyfriend and I are spending the first half of our June visit at Port Orleans Riverside, then moving to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I had assumed we'd have to lug our suitcases on a bus, but if the front desk will take care of it, that would be fantastic!

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

We are staying at AKL for our first two days then switching to Beach Club for the last 8 days at the end of October. We were told that all you do is go checkout as usual, then bring your luggage over to the bell hops. They then simply transfer your luggage over to your next resort for when you check in. We were concerned too what to expect, but it really seems painless. Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

We are staying at AKL for our first two days then switching to Beach Club for the last 8 days at the end of October. We were told that all you do is go checkout as usual, then bring your luggage over to the bell hops. They then simply transfer your luggage over to your next resort for when you check in. We were concerned too what to expect, but it really seems painless. Have fun! :wave:

You can call them from your room and they will usually be there in 15 minutes or so and take the luggage from your room so you don't need to take it yourself.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

We've split our stay between 2 resorts for our last several trips, including last month. We like 'starting over' part way through our vacation at a place with a completely different atmosphere (ie: BLT and AKL).

Anyway, luggage transfer is painless. We either call bell services to come get it and they simply put on resort transfer tags, or if we don't want to wait for bell services, we drop it off with them in the resort lobby to have it transferred. It will be with bell services at your 'new' resort and can be sent to your room with you upon check in.

Btw, we do take our passports with us to the parks in a 'carry on' because we're a bit paranoid that if a bag got lost in transfer, passports are the one thing we don't want to lose. We also always 'lock' all the zippers on our bags with those nylon cable ties...but that's just us. :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

If you're heading out early in the morning for the parks on the day you leave the first resort, you can also schedule with Bell Services to come and pick the luggage up in the room and just leave it behind when you leave.

We did this at Pop Century where the luggage pickup times are more scheduled than on-demand, but I presume the Deluxe and DVC resorts will do the same thing.

They had us put the bags just inside the door. And though we'd already told them over the phone where they were going (BCV), I left a note on top of one of the suitcases saying our name and "3 bags for transfer to Beach Club Villas", along with a $1/bag tip.

We then just took one backpack into the park with us that day with medications, laptop, etc and rented a locker for it.

-Rob

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

If you're heading out early in the morning for the parks on the day you leave the first resort, you can also schedule with Bell Services to come and pick the luggage up in the room and just leave it behind when you leave.

We did a split stay this March between BLT and CSR, and when I called they told me that someone must be in the room...this was the first that I had heard this.

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

We did a resort transfer during our trip last September. We moved from the Pop over to The Contemporary. We too wanted it to be as smooth of a transfer as possible and we also had early plans at Epcot. We opted to take a cab from point A to point B with all of our bags. It cost us about $12 plus tip. A bit steep for a simple transfer, especially when you consider that there are "free" options available to you. For us, it came down to control and ease of the situation. We were able to guarantee our bags would be there at our new resort once we returned from Epcot mid afternoon and that we would have all of our travel supplies available to us.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

We did a split stay this March between BLT and CSR, and when I called they told me that someone must be in the room...this was the first that I had heard this.

Every single time (since our first split in 2005) we've called bell services to get our bags, we were told that someone had to be in our room when they came to get them.

I was surprised by the post above (Rob562) because we've never been permitted to do that. If we were not going to be in the room, they suggested we bring it to the lobby and hand it to bell services.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Every single time (since our first split in 2005) we've called bell services to get our bags, we were told that someone had to be in our room when they came to get them.

I was surprised by the post above (Rob562) because we've never been permitted to do that. If we were not going to be in the room, they suggested we bring it to the lobby and hand it to bell services.

Frankly I was surprised, too. I was expecting either having to wait for someone to pick them up, or to drop them off at the Bell Services desk. Though this was last June, so policy may have changed since then.

-Rob

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

Feb 2010 we moved from BC to PORS. Dropped our bags off at Bell services on way to park. When we checked in at PORS bags were brought to room by bell services. It was very easy.:)

Now on the other hand park tickets raised its head. Usually they are connected to your room key, but you will be getting new keys. We booked the extra days at the BC to start before our reservation at the PORS which had our tickets as part of the reservation. In order to get our park tickets early I had to go to customer service at one of the parks (MGM in this case) and they issued us tickets which were separate from our resort keys. I do not know if this will relate to your situation, but perhaps others can chime in.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Now on the other hand park tickets raised its head. Usually they are connected to your room key, but you will be getting new keys. We booked the extra days at the BC to start before our reservation at the PORS which had our tickets as part of the reservation. In order to get our park tickets early I had to go to customer service at one of the parks (MGM in this case) and they issued us tickets which were separate from our resort keys. I do not know if this will relate to your situation, but perhaps others can chime in.

We usually get APs, which are not attached to a Key to the World Card. During our trip last month, however, my mother came with us and just needed a 9 day park hopper. We had that attached to the KttW card at the first resort (of our split). When we checked into our 2nd resort, she got a new KttW card as a room key and for charging, but kept her 'old' one as her park pass.

Btw, you certainly don't want to book a 10 day split like this as 2-5 day tickets...that would be expensive. :)

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

We did a resort transfer during our trip last September. We moved from the Pop over to The Contemporary. We too wanted it to be as smooth of a transfer as possible and we also had early plans at Epcot. We opted to take a cab from point A to point B with all of our bags. It cost us about $12 plus tip. A bit steep for a simple transfer, especially when you consider that there are "free" options available to you. For us, it came down to control and ease of the situation. We were able to guarantee our bags would be there at our new resort once we returned from Epcot mid afternoon and that we would have all of our travel supplies available to us.

This sounds like a good plan for us as well since we want to go right over to the new resort and swim. If I'm leaving Pop will they call a cab for you when you get down there with the luggage or should you make arrangements yourself before you leave room?

Upvote 0

Rob562

This sounds like a good plan for us as well since we want to go right over to the new resort and swim. If I'm leaving Pop will they call a cab for you when you get down there with the luggage or should you make arrangements yourself before you leave room?

Bell Services will call a cab for you. Chances are there will be one waiting nearby anyway, especially if it's in the morning.

-Rob

Upvote 0

coachwnh

We have changed resorts on almost all of our trips. We have stayed in as many as three different resorts on one extended trip two summers ago. We started at the Beach Club, did Contemporary, then to Boardwalk. Each switch was a breeze. Bell services took care of everything, even what needed to be refrigerated! You have to be in your room for them to take your stuff, and in your new resort room before they will drop it off. (Its not like the magical express when they just drop it in your room for you). Its very easy to do. We are doing it again this summer (Riverside Princess rooms to AKL). Its a great way to see so many of the great resorts Disney has!
The only time we had an issue was switching from The Swan to WL. Our stuff was moved by the Swan staff to AKL. It took over 2 hours to find our stuff and the staff at WL, NOT Swan, did all the work to locate it and get it. They even drove us in one of their vehicles to the entrance of Epcot because we were running late for our diner reservation. The Swan did comp. us for 2 hours at the kids club in WL (don't recall the name) so my wife an I could sort it all out. But only after the WL staff suggested it so the kids didn't have to sit in the lobby the entire time.
Other than that, the its been a breeze. Have fun!!:wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have never split resorts before. It sounds like luggage is a breeze to handle but can anyone speak to how the tickets and dining plan is effected? We would not get annual passes, rather park tickets and the dining plan so how is the handled if you split resorts?
Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom