Swiss Family Treehouse closing for 10 week refurbishment in July 2016

Haymarket2008

Plussing this attraction would be awesome, but to re theme it or take anything away from how wonderful it currently is/always has been will be a sin. After Tarzan's Treehouse's cold reception, I doubt it would change. I'm not expecting it to though.

Obi Walt Kenobi

It could most definitly use a refurb, last time I was there the water from the bamboo pipes was pooring all over a desk with books on it. But ten weeks hard to fathom what they have planned.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Not saying this is happening, but I'd rather not see a cheap Tarzan overlay...not because I don't like the concept of a Tarzan attraction, but because the treehouse in the Tarzan movie looked decidedly different than the treehouse at the park right now. If they want to theme something, they should do it right.

Then again, ten weeks might be enough time to significantly remodel the thing if they wanted to.

Rogue21

This is just enough of a diversion, because so many are too [insert word of choice] to climb "all those stairs" to look at stuff that doesn't "do" anything. A moment of peace, if timed correctly. And I still think the views are lovely at night too.

My only hope is IF there is any interactive additions, it is done in the spirit of the attraction. And, please, do not add an elevator/escalator. . . that being said, if it's just a refurb for cleaning and spiffing up, I'm more than fine with that. :cool:

ToTBellHop

Maybe it just needs to be freshened up and re-leafed (a term I invented). Maybe it will get new lighting to interact with Rivers of Light.

Incomudro

I love the Tree House.
It's one of my earliest classic memories, and to this day I marvel at the detail in all of the rooms and wish I can spend the night up there.
It's one of those attention to detail things that Disney does so well.
One of my sons in particular likes it, and we greatly enjoy running up the stairs and enjoying the views - I have one fond memory of being up there one night and talking to my son.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom