Swiss Family Treehouse closing for 10 week refurbishment in July 2016

xcorey21

The fact it's one of the few things at MK that has no wait, I'm assuming it's time is coming to an end soon. Space is money at MK and I've never heard anyone say "SFTH is my favorite attraction"

Phil12

Or they could transform the Treehouse into the North Mountain, where you climb up it to find another Frozen meet n greet:banghead:
That's a good idea! The tree has enough branches for multiple different meet and greets. They could also incorporate a meet and greet with John Clayton III, Viscount Greystoke and not break the theme.

SteamboatJoe

I understand and appreciate the history and nostalgia surrounding this attraction but I just can't help but wonder if its nearing the end of its life cycle. It's a lot of real estate for a passive attraction.

Phil12

I understand and appreciate the history and nostalgia surrounding this attraction but I just can't help but wonder if its nearing the end of its life cycle. It's a lot of real estate for a passive attraction.
I agree. I think they need to change it from Swiss Family Tree House to Groot.

elchippo

I'd be so sad to see it go....but would its footprint even be large enough to create something new? At least in this day and age where everything needs acres upon acres to accommodate crowd flow? I always thought if Adventureland were to expand, it would expand into the backstage area near POTC.

mouse_luv

If space is money then the Tomorrowland Speedway needs to go! But that's for a different thread.
No, or as has been said by myself (and others) in other posts it needs to be redesigned as Sugar Rush Racers from Wreck It Ralph minus the stinky lawnmower engines.

UpAllNight

Adventureland could definitely benefit from some added adventure. There's so many great Disney rides across the planet that would fit great in this area and provide a much needed boost. There's no need to remove the treehouse though, isn't there plenty of expansion room behind this land already?

ChrisM

I wish the park had a handful of more passive attractions. Awfully nice to have something you don't have to schedule, wait in a line for, and enjoy at your own pace.

Matt_Black

I wish the park had a handful of more passive attractions. Awfully nice to have something you don't have to schedule, wait in a line for, and enjoy at your own pace.

Magic Kingdom, admittedly, does not have many of those. AK and Epcot though have several, however.

RobbinsDad

It's needs an elevator for EVC and stroller accessibility. o_O
Honestly this is exactly what I thought when I saw this thread and the length of time required. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "ramp" version of the treehouse installed in addition to the stairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom