Swimming in the quiet pools after-hours: does anyone actually care?

Innkeeper's Club

I think the pool signage just states that they swim at their own risk?
That's exactly what they say. So like I previously said the hours listed is when the lifeguards are finished working and not meant that anyone can not swim when they are not there, with the exception of Stormalong Bay.

Innkeeper's Club

Just adding one more thought to the discussion.

I remember seeing on the Boardwalk information channel they listed the Luna Park pool as being open 24 hours, with the only hours listed for the lifeguards and slide. I can't speak for the other resorts and maybe someone else can, but I take that to mean they don't mind when guests swim no matter what time it is.

Club Cooloholic

Do these "rulles" still apply now that a toddler has drowned at AOA yesterday? Parents lost sight of the child, no word on what time this happened but if it were after hours, would you still call people robots for following the rules? Poor child, parents were probably trying to give it a great vacation and now will be planning a funeral.
Really wrong argument to make. That was a tragedy, and pool rules have nothing to do with it. If the kid drowned in the Lake would you say they should rope off the entire lake?
The basic thing is there is common sense. I know some of you think all rules are created equal but they are not. There are posted hours so that if some jaggoff is in the pool making noise the staff can point at that sign and kick his butt out.
It's like Jaywalking. Or have you ever noticed signs in some McDonalds that say you need to eat your meal within a half hour or you are considered loitering? You telling me some of you never do that? I like that the rules exist, because as I said, there is recourse to handle the jerks, but lets not act like someone wanting to take a little dip at midnight is a selfish inconsiderate person. They are seeking some spontaneous fun and adventure, hard to do in the magicband world of WDW sometimes...

HolleBolleGijs

Basically they say it's swim at your own risk without the lifeguards and I have seen that written on the sign which say the rules and hours.

If they say "Swim at your own risk," than this is a totally different discussion. But many of the posts on here imply that swimming is actually not permitted outside of the hours listed.

Innkeeper's Club

If they say "Swim at your own risk," than this is a totally different discussion. But many of the posts on here imply that swimming is actually not permitted outside of the hours listed.
I disagree because if that was true wouldn't WDW make sure all the pools close in the evening once the lifeguards leave like they do at Stormalong Bay.

HolleBolleGijs

I disagree because if that was true wouldn't WDW make sure all the pools close in the evening once the lifeguards leave like they do at Stormalong Bay.

Not quite sure what you're asking, but it's pretty common at hotel pools (non-Disney at least) to have signs that say "swim at your own risk" if there is no lifeguard on duty (e.g. after hours). If this is the case, then swimming is allowed. You just have to know that there won't be anyone to save you if something happens.

I don't know if this is what the Disney pools say; that wasn't really made clear in this thread.

Innkeeper's Club

I don't know if this is what the Disney pools say; that wasn't really made clear in this thread.
Like I previously said before on the Boardwalk information channel they listed the Luna Park pool as being open for 24 hours, with the exception of the slide and lifeguard hours. So I think when WDW posts the hours for the pool is from 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM, it's the hours for lifeguards and slide, however you are not asked to leave and stop swimming at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom