Survivor S40: Winners at War

artvandelay

Some thoughts on last night’s episode:

EoE is bad for every reason you have all said, but it also robs us of the exit interviews. There is so much going on in each episode and they can’t show it all. That’s where the exit interviews fill in the blanks. You get a deeper understanding of why that person got voted out and who is really working with who. Because of EoE we don’t get to see who voted for who during the credits. Last night, did Michelle vote with the majority and Jeremy keep Wendell?

Tyson returns from EoE and his name is not mentioned as the merge boot? Did they think he came back with an idol (like Rick Devens did)?

I read the fire token menu. Tokens can only be used to day 34. The menu lists: send a note to a player on EoE, a small bag of beans, a large bag of beans, and comfort items.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes

EoE is bad for every reason you have all said, but it also robs us of the exit interviews. There is so much going on in each episode and they can’t show it all. That’s where the exit interviews fill in the blanks. You get a deeper understanding of why that person got voted out and who is really working with who. Because of EoE we don’t get to see who voted for who during the credits. Last night, did Michelle vote with the majority and Jeremy keep Wendell?

Tyson returns from EoE and his name is not mentioned as the merge boot? Did they think he came back with an idol (like Rick Devens did)?

I read the fire token menu. Tokens can only be used to day 34. The menu lists: send a note to a player on EoE, a small bag of beans, a large bag of beans, and comfort items.

That first item on the menu seems important and I have a feeling will get used later on in the season.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I really miss the exit interviews too, but I miss even more the showing of the votes. I like seeing who voted for who.

PUSH

Original Poster
My assumption is that the previous Sele tribe of Michele, Wendell, and Nick all voted for Adam. Everyone else voted for Wendell. I think Jeremy is smart enough to not vote for Wendell if he knows he doesn't have the numbers. I think the Adam thing was put in there to throw us off.

PUSH

Original Poster
If I heard correctly, it sounds like there will be one more challenge for someone from EoE to come back. The question would be when. Maybe when we get down to 6 players someone comes back like was done for RI in South Pacific? That's a real bummer for those still on EoE. By this time I would be ready to get off of that island, eat, shower and just be part of the jury.
If fire tokens can only be used until day 34, my guess is day 34 or 35 is the returning challenge.

PUSH

Original Poster
I think Chris Underwood came back in to the game on day 34
I try to forget that situation.

But honestly I think about this quite a bit. The EoE cast was stellar. Devens is a polarizing character, but even without him it was a stellar cast. Post merge with no EoE you still would have had David and Kelley as returnees, who are two of the best non-winners ever. And for newbies you had Ron Clark, Wardog, Lauren, and Victoria, who I would LOVE to see play again. And even the players like Aurora, Gavin and Julie were decent enough characters and players. I bet if Rick wasn't in it, Eric and Julia have totally different edits. They both seemed like potentially strong players. But Kelley, David, Ron, Wardog, Lauren, and Victoria... that is a very strong group of players. And they were all strategic and social players. They weren't twist heavy players. EoE could have really been something special.

artvandelay

I try to forget that situation.

But honestly I think about this quite a bit. The EoE cast was stellar. Devens is a polarizing character, but even without him it was a stellar cast. Post merge with no EoE you still would have had David and Kelley as returnees, who are two of the best non-winners ever. And for newbies you had Ron Clark, Wardog, Lauren, and Victoria, who I would LOVE to see play again. And even the players like Aurora, Gavin and Julie were decent enough characters and players. I bet if Rick wasn't in it, Eric and Julia have totally different edits. They both seemed like potentially strong players. But Kelley, David, Ron, Wardog, Lauren, and Victoria... that is a very strong group of players. And they were all strategic and social players. They weren't twist heavy players. EoE could have really been something special.
I remember in the pregame Wiggler saying it was one of his favorite casts.

I think we’re getting another Second Chance season soon. All the names you listed above, then throw in a bunch from David v Goliath and some more Ghost Island and HHH. It would be a great season.

PUSH

Original Poster
I remember in the pregame Wiggler saying it was one of his favorite casts.

I think we’re getting another Second Chance season soon. All the names you listed above, then throw in a bunch from David v Goliath and some more Ghost Island and HHH. It would be a great season.
The way Jeff talks, I think a Second Chance season could be coming for season 44. The production setbacks could change some things, but assuming 41 and 42 film and air on time, they could film 44 before 43 like they did with 31 and 32. There are tons of candidates for another second chance season (get ready...):

1. Elaine
  2. Janet
  3. Kellee
  4. Ron Clark
  5. Wardog
  6. Lauren O'Connell
  7. Victoria
  8. Rick
  9. Domenick
  10. Kellyn
  11. Chris Noble
  12. Michael Yerger
  13. Stephanie Johnson
  14. Chrissy
  15. Devon
  16. Lauren Rimmer
  17. Ali
  18. Joe Mena
  19. Chris Hammons
  20. Bret
  21. Hannah
  22. Jay
  23. Cydney
  24. Jason
  25. Neal
  26. Carolyn
  27. Rodney
  28. Jon Misch
  29. Josh
  30. Reed
  31. LJ
  32. Trish
  33. Hayden
  34. Michael Snow
  35. Reynold
  36. Jeff Kent
  37. Sabrina
  38. Chelsea
  39. Taj
  40. Natalie Bolton
  41. Nate Gonzalez
  42. Rafe
  43. Brian Corridan
  44. Judd
  45. Ian
  46. Twila
  47. Juile Berry (I know this one can't happen)
  48. Heidi
  49. Teresa T-Bird Cooper
  50. Greg
  51. Colleen
  52. Gretchen
So many great one time players!

I personally would not want some of these players back, but yes, I did go back through every season's players and list some that could be good to return. I know some are pipe dreams or have no chance, such as Julie Berry and Michael Snow, but a I can dream, can't I?! And how has Rafe not been back yet?! Could be he doesn't want to be, but he should have been back! But the biggest travesty is Natalie Bolton. She got flown out to HvV. There are some sketchy details where we don't know if she was an alternate, or maybe replaced by Danielle? Not sure, but she should have 100% been back by now.

I also think there would be enough pre-merge candidates to have an entire pre-merge season, or even a half pre-merge, half post-merge season.

Yes... I realize how crazy and nerdy I am about Survivor. I thoroughly enjoy doing this kind of stuff. 😂

artvandelay

The way Jeff talks, I think a Second Chance season could be coming for season 44. The production setbacks could change some things, but assuming 41 and 42 film and air on time, they could film 44 before 43 like they did with 31 and 32. There are tons of candidates for another second chance season (get ready...):

1. Elaine
  2. Janet
  3. Kellee
  4. Ron Clark
  5. Wardog
  6. Lauren O'Connell
  7. Victoria
  8. Rick
  9. Domenick
  10. Kellyn
  11. Chris Noble
  12. Michael Yerger
  13. Stephanie Johnson
  14. Chrissy
  15. Devon
  16. Lauren Rimmer
  17. Ali
  18. Joe Mena
  19. Chris Hammons
  20. Bret
  21. Hannah
  22. Jay
  23. Cydney
  24. Jason
  25. Neal
  26. Carolyn
  27. Rodney
  28. Jon Misch
  29. Josh
  30. Reed
  31. LJ
  32. Trish
  33. Hayden
  34. Michael Snow
  35. Reynold
  36. Jeff Kent
  37. Sabrina
  38. Chelsea
  39. Taj
  40. Natalie Bolton
  41. Nate Gonzalez
  42. Rafe
  43. Brian Corridan
  44. Judd
  45. Ian
  46. Twila
  47. Juile Berry (I know this one can't happen)
  48. Heidi
  49. Teresa T-Bird Cooper
  50. Greg
  51. Colleen
  52. Gretchen
So many great one time players!

I personally would not want some of these players back, but yes, I did go back through every season's players and list some that could be good to return. I know some are pipe dreams or have no chance, such as Julie Berry and Michael Snow, but a I can dream, can't I?! And how has Rafe not been back yet?! Could be he doesn't want to be, but he should have been back! But the biggest travesty is Natalie Bolton. She got flown out to HvV. There are some sketchy details where we don't know if she was an alternate, or maybe replaced by Danielle? Not sure, but she should have 100% been back by now.

I also think there would be enough pre-merge candidates to have an entire pre-merge season, or even a half pre-merge, half post-merge season.

Yes... I realize how crazy and nerdy I am about Survivor. I thoroughly enjoy doing this kind of stuff. 😂
You’re right about Julie! I’d add to the list (off the top of my head):

Christian Hubicki
Gabby Pascuzzi
Karl (from D v G)
Davey (from D v G)
Ryan Ulrich
Dr Mike
Shane Powers (got left out of the last Second Chance season)

season 41 is set to start taping late May. I thought they might do another Second Chance for 41 because they could announce the cast at the 40 finale and not have to do the flip flop of season. Also, not sure if they’d had trouble with casting season 41 since they haven’t been able to fly people to LA for interviews.

PUSH

Original Poster
You’re right about Julie! I’d add to the list (off the top of my head):

Christian Hubicki
Gabby Pascuzzi
Karl (from D v G)
Davey (from D v G)
Ryan Ulrich
Dr Mike
Shane Powers (got left out of the last Second Chance season)

season 41 is set to start taping late May. I thought they might do another Second Chance for 41 because they could announce the cast at the 40 finale and not have to do the flip flop of season. Also, not sure if they’d had trouble with casting season 41 since they haven’t been able to fly people to LA for interviews.
I forgot the whole DvG cast... oops!

I think 41's cast was set before the delays in production.

PUSH

Original Poster
Okay, that had to be the funniest moment in Survivor history. The picture of Jeff leaning over the podium and looking at Adam like what the hell are you doing? Priceless! Regardless of your thoughts on his gameplay, Adam has been a huge comedic relief this season. His relationship with Ben is the relationship we never knew we needed, but always dreamed of. More thoughts...

- Yay Kim!

- Jeff was right. This season has been very cagey, but tonight Pandora's box was opened

- I really hope that move pays off for Michele. I am loving Michele this season.

- Jeremy played that so well. He sat on a bench all day and let people come to him. He literally did not move!

- I dislike the Edge, but give me more of Parvati any day. Her and Danni killed that clue. Knowing Survivor history pays off!

- Sarah's move was not smart. It got her name thrown out. Once that happens, it's hard to pull it back in. Just ask Rob, Parvati, Wendell...

- This continues to be a fantastic season! My three front runners right now are Sophie, Michele, and Jeremy. I think one of them will win.

- But there goes my no vote finalist theory for Adam. Unless he comes back, which I'd be shocked at.

- Also, is Parvati really going to buy peanut butter for the tribe? Maybe one jar for the tribe with one token, but save the others? You have to be selfish out there.

BrianLo

I think that can only be described as a temper tantrum ouster?

Wowwww. Goodbye Adam. After weeks of heartbreaking votes I got my two wishes back to back.

When there are so many players left as options... and traditional alliance lines are non-existent in a sauvy group, people actually need to understand the Sandra mentality works. Just vote out whomever as long as it isn't you.

Adam just could not avoid being a weasel trying to run the game for two seconds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom