Survivor S38: Edge of Extinction

PUSH

Original Poster
Nooooo! My favorite two left! Although I do like seeing all new players now... but Kelley... one of my all time favorites!

Also, I don't care for Devens, and Aubry said it right, "Holy ___, Wardog!"

PUSH

Original Poster
The Wardog trying to go full Tony Vlachos!
I'm trying to figure out the winner now... I thought David and Kelley were the most likely two. Now I can see Devens winning, and even Wardog. Although Wardog has gotten a dummy edit at times. Julie has been a big personality, but I can't see her winning. Ron has been carried a lot by other players recently. And none of the others who are still in it I see winning. Would it be the next returning player from EoE... hard to say.

NYwdwfan

I'm trying to figure out the winner now... I thought David and Kelley were the most likely two. Now I can see Devens winning, and even Wardog. Although Wardog has gotten a dummy edit at times. Julie has been a big personality, but I can't see her winning. Ron has been carried a lot by other players recently. And none of the others who are still in it I see winning. Would it be the next returning player from EoE... hard to say.
I think it's going to be either Victoria or Gavin. They are going to orchestrate some sort of crazy Wardog blindside, pick the rest off and then sit at the end with Julie or Aurora who either did nothing or everyone hates.

NYwdwfan

Also I was shocked Kelley didn't play the idol. She seemed to have an inkling of the plan but could have just been edited that way.

PUSH

Original Poster
I think it's going to be either Victoria or Gavin. They are going to orchestrate some sort of crazy Wardog blindside, pick the rest off and then sit at the end with Julie or Aurora who either did nothing or everyone hates.
Victoria is probably my favorite going forward. But I don't think Gavin has much of a chance. I think Devens is probably my pick to win. Here is my list of who would win in the end, just based on the players who aren't on EoE.

1. Devens
  2. Wardog
  3. Ron
  4. Victoria
  5. Gavin
  6. Lauren
  7. Julie
  8. Aurora

At this point, I don't see a strong enough case for anybody except Devens or Wardog. Although there's plenty of game left. Victoria is a very good player, I just haven't seen much of her as of late.

PUSH

Original Poster
Also I was shocked Kelley didn't play the idol. She seemed to have an inkling of the plan but could have just been edited that way.
I thought her taking out David was a little premature because then she's the clear next biggest threat. If David and Kelley could have just gotten past the pre-merge feud, they could have run this game. They were so in sync strategically when they did work together. And they worked so well. And honestly, sitting next to each other at the final 3 is much better than where they're at now. It would have been a tough choice between those two.

artvandelay

I thought her taking out David was a little premature because then she's the clear next biggest threat. If David and Kelley could have just gotten past the pre-merge feud, they could have run this game. They were so in sync strategically when they did work together. And they worked so well. And honestly, sitting next to each other at the final 3 is much better than where they're at now. It would have been a tough choice between those two.
There seemed to be a lot of bad blood between David and Kelly/Wardog, but we didn’t get to see why. Probably not enough time because of Extinction. Also, because of Extinction we haven’t heard the usual voted off exit interviews. Those interviews are a great look into the game and help to explain why things are happening.

PUSH

Original Poster
There seemed to be a lot of bad blood between David and Kelly/Wardog, but we didn’t get to see why. Probably not enough time because of Extinction. Also, because of Extinction we haven’t heard the usual voted off exit interviews. Those interviews are a great look into the game and help to explain why things are happening.
I read an interview from David after last week's crazy TC. He said Wardog, being subtle and all, told him directly on Manu that he was going after David.

flynnibus

Premium Member
what I find wild is... that at 9 and 10... people were scared that a voting block of 3 was 'running the game'.

No, you all just couldn't stay focused long enough to hold together to where 3-4 votes is all it would take to make a breakout.

PUSH

Original Poster
Ron and Julie went wrong with the Joe vote. You know that as soon as you take out a Kama, it's going to snowball and mess up your alliance. Joe is a threat, but he's not going to win every single individual immunity. You will have times to take him out later. They should have gone for Devens and done the "easy" vote after the merge. Then target Wentworth and David before even thinking about taking Joe out.

GenerationX

EoE as a concept has not really worked. Ten shows in and only two people are gone! There are 8 in the main game and 8 on EoE.

The only person who has been on the right side of every vote since the merge is Victoria. As I said earlier, she's got game.

flynnibus

Premium Member
EoE as a concept has not really worked. Ten shows in and only two people are gone! There are 8 in the main game and 8 on EoE.

The only person who has been on the right side of every vote since the merge is Victoria. As I said earlier, she's got game.
Well we still don’t know what the twist will be... the big ? Is calling them all jury. Like literally if they hold out they will be the voting jury? If that stands... then that’s gotta go. But I’m thinking we could have more than one returner in some kind of big swap yet to come..

PUSH

Original Poster

They should have some kind of elimination from EoE. But for this season, I have not minded EoE. Mostly because the post-merge would not be this exciting without the return of Devens. Had someone like Chris returned over Devens, it would have 100% been a flop. And if anybody returns at say the final 5 or 6 that was voted out premerge, or even shortly after the merge, I would be upset if they went on to win.

DinoInstitute

I absolutely love EoE, it’s the part of the episode that I look forward to most to be honest. I think it’s just a really fun and interesting storytelling device, and helps us get to know characters better that would have been gone a while ago otherwise.

PUSH

Original Poster
Another great episode! This season has done a 180 since the merge. The Joe vote was obvious, but every vote has been intriguing and exciting since! Some thoughts:

- As much as I hate seeing Kelley on EoE, I am LOVING her reactions on the jury! I can't get enough. She is amazing. I also loved seeing the more emotional side of her. She has to be one of my top 10 favorite players of all-time.

- I like Ron this episode after being sour on him the start of the game. I think he is in a position to potentially win.

- Aurora played a good game this time out, which is nice to see because I feel like she's had zero game this season.

- Devens continues to annoy me as the season goes on. He seems to be getting arrogant. Pre-merge he was funny. Now he's annoying.

- Reem grilling Wentworth for the first vote, which was ages ago, was hilarious. She took absolutely no blame for her own blunders, but rather says Kelley is the reason her game never took off. Way to rationalize things, Reem. But I still love Reem.

- Wardog getting blindsided tonight was icing on the cake.

I'll stop my power rankings this season because I've been so bad. However, I'm going to do my winner rankings based on how I would vote, AND how I think the players would vote should they make it to the end.

How I would vote:
1. Ron
2. Devens
3. Lauren
4. Gavin
5. Aurora
6. Victoria
7. Julie

How I think they would vote:
1. Devens
2. Ron
3. Victoria
4. Gavin
5. Lauren
6. Julie
7. Aurora

People I think who have a legitimate shot at returning from EoE: Aubry, David, Kelley, Wardog

DVC4bestvacations

Push
I think you give Ron too much credit. If I was in the final three I would want Ron and Julie by my side. Since his "family visit" ploy he's been a Passenger not a Pilot.

IMHO

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

I'm starting to think they might not have another challenge for a player to return from EoE and the "get back in the game" aspect is just to sit on the jury. And if that's the case - it's kind of mean - considering every other jury lives in the lap of luxury with all the amenities they desire and THIS jury is eating sand. I'm also wondering if the DO allow a player to return if the losers then go to luxury accommodations with a personal chef, etc. Lots of questions.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm starting to think they might not have another challenge for a player to return from EoE and the "get back in the game" aspect is just to sit on the jury. And if that's the case - it's kind of mean - considering every other jury lives in the lap of luxury with all the amenities they desire and THIS jury is eating sand. I'm also wondering if the DO allow a player to return if the losers then go to luxury accommodations with a personal chef, etc. Lots of questions.
Remember, Aubry also got to practice a challenge component as a reward, so it wouldn't make sense to have that if they weren't having anybody come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom