Survivor S38: Edge of Extinction

PUSH

Original Poster
Push
I think you give Ron too much credit. If I was in the final three I would want Ron and Julie by my side. Since his "family visit" ploy he's been a Passenger not a Pilot.

IMHO
I do not like Devens, and I see nobody else who is really worthy of a win. I see Ron as playing a dictator game, then getting humbled, and he rebounded nicely. I see his current game similar to Sarah Lacina in Game Changers, where everybody is wanting to work with him. He really has played the perfect middle-game since Eric was blindsided.

JPPT1974

Kind of wonder what they are going to be doing with those sent to extinction. Rare that there has not been a Pondorosa at all as a change of tradition.

artvandelay

EoE people may still have to compete to be on the jury...

I could see them doing an elimination challenge to thin the herd for legit jury
As long as Reem makes it to the jury I’ll be happy, even though she doesn’t know the 5 out of the last 7 players. I want to hear her yell at them nonsensically and tell the finalists how hard EoE is. “Dude, you think you had it tough? We had to walk up a hill to get rice, bro!”

PUSH

Original Poster
As long as Reem makes it to the jury I’ll be happy, even though she doesn’t know the 5 out of the last 7 players. I want to hear her yell at them nonsensically and tell the finalists how hard EoE is. “Dude, you think you had it tough? We had to walk up a hill to get rice, bro!”
Rob Cesternino's impressions of Reem are one of the greatest things to come out of this season. Reem is a gift to all of us.

GenerationX

This episode furthered my impression that Victoria is going to win this whole thing. She's been right on every vote. The name of this game is reading the situation correctly and acting accordingly. The little bits that we've seen of her show her to be very sharp.

I despise the Loser's Bracket aspect of this game and feel that anyone from EoE that makes the final vote should need twice as many votes to win.

PUSH

Original Poster
This episode furthered my impression that Victoria is going to win this whole thing. She's been right on every vote. The name of this game is reading the situation correctly and acting accordingly. The little bits that we've seen of her show her to be very sharp.

I despise the Loser's Bracket aspect of this game and feel that anyone from EoE that makes the final vote should need twice as many votes to win.
I don't know if we've seen enough from Victoria yet to justify her as the winner. I'm sure she's doing things on the island, but we haven't seen a whole lot. There's still time, but I think we need to start seeing more of her soon. That being said, I really like Victoria as a player. She's probably my favorite player left in the game that's not on EoE.

flynnibus

Premium Member

I don't know why anyone would vote for her.. except if avoiding voting for the other person. She's coasting by simply letting other people make the waves.

GenerationX

I think there's a lot more to Victoria's game than we're being shown. When you're right on all the votes and the alliances have been as fluid as they have been, she's likely playing a more subtle version of Sandra's "anybody but me" strategy. Her individual interviews and responses to Jeff's questions show her to be pretty game savvy. She has no set alliance, hasn't won a challenge, and doesn't have any advantages. If it gets to the final vote and things continue as they have been, her argument that she put everyone on the jury would be a compelling one.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think there's a lot more to Victoria's game than we're being shown. When you're right on all the votes and the alliances have been as fluid as they have been, she's likely playing a more subtle version of Sandra's "anybody but me" strategy. Her individual interviews and responses to Jeff's questions show her to be pretty game savvy. She has no set alliance, hasn't won a challenge, and doesn't have any advantages. If it gets to the final vote and things continue as they have been, her argument that she put everyone on the jury would be a compelling one.

Or it means no one believes you are close enough to the target to compromise the plan :) She's convinced people she is up for whatever 'you' want... without being a threat herself.

I will give this season cred for not being predictable at least. Amazing how a tribe with such a numbers advantage faltered so bad.

I think the idea of 'returners' does act as a catalyst where they are boosts that make people want to turn on their alliances sooner than later.

PUSH

Original Poster
I think this season has been more predictable than we think. It's been the biggest threat with the most recent big move taken out. Big threat #1 was Joe. Then they got Eric out who orchestrated the Joe vote along with Ron. Then Julia went home who helped get Eric out. Then David went who was key in that crazy Tribal when Julia went home. Then Kelley went who was a big part of David going. Then Wardog went home when he was the reason Kelley went home.

The editors have just done a nice job of not making it obvious during the episode.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think this season has been more predictable than we think. It's been the biggest threat with the most recent big move taken out. Big threat #1 was Joe. Then they got Eric out who orchestrated the Joe vote along with Ron. Then Julia went home who helped get Eric out. Then David went who was key in that crazy Tribal when Julia went home. Then Kelley went who was a big part of David going. Then Wardog went home when he was the reason Kelley went home.

The editors have just done a nice job of not making it obvious during the episode.

No.. Predictable would have been the Kama strong alliance holding together with the EIGHT person strong advantage. But instead, they started freaking out about taking out returners and threats (at the very first tribal after merge...). Once Kama actually started facing tribal... the people that didn't have to play the people games for the first nearly 3 weeks... started freaking out.

When they were making comments like Wardog/Kelly/Lauren "running the game" I about spit out my drink. They only 'ran' things in the sense of they stayed unified and were active in trying to find angles... while the Kama people people succumbed to their paranoia left and right.. flipping and flopping nearly every vote.

The lack of predictability I was mentioning was that they broke tribal lines early.. and not even just at one or two pivot points.. these people were flopping around after every tribal. It's been nearly a free for all because there has been enough movement 'in the middle' it hasn't been just a 'numbers game' and trying to swing 1-2 people to your side each week. Each week the size of the alliance seems to be up for renegotiation.

That's what I mean by lack of predictable.

Where are the real 'ride or die' alliances? Who has managed to hold a consistent block of more than 4 votes together for more than 1-2 votes?

The fear of wardog made me chuckle...

PUSH

Original Poster
So I've only ever listened to the Survivor Know-It-Alls from RHAP, but last week I started listening to more of them on my commute to and from work. I am loving Survivor B&B with Mike Bloom and Liana Boraas. It's such a different, goofy take on Survivor, and I love the humor they have. None of it is about assessing strategy, but they are so much fun. I'm glad I found it!

artvandelay

So I've only ever listened to the Survivor Know-It-Alls from RHAP, but last week I started listening to more of them on my commute to and from work. I am loving Survivor B&B with Mike Bloom and Liana Boraas. It's such a different, goofy take on Survivor, and I love the humor they have. None of it is about assessing strategy, but they are so much fun. I'm glad I found it!
That’s the only one I don’t listen to. I’ll have to try it. Thanks for the heads up.

PUSH

Original Poster
That’s the only one I don’t listen to. I’ll have to try it. Thanks for the heads up.
It really is kind of stupid, but it's Survivor humor, so it's great. In the two podcasts I've listened to, they've done a lot of games. They do them about this season, but also about past seasons/players. For example, this week they did a game where someone wrote lines of Reem reaming contestants in past seasons, and they had to guess who the person being reamed out was. It was fun.

PUSH

Original Poster
Ron was starting to become my favorite player left, but it was so obvious tonight that he was going. I called it early on in the episode.

And I know I keep saying it, but I am SO tired of Devens! He is giving me Ben from HvHvH vibes. I think Rick is totally going to win this season. And when you think about it, it wasn't even a brilliant decision to test the advantage from Ron first. It was a blatantly obvious decision that looks a lot tougher in the jury's eyes than it actually was. I'm also over the massive jury and extreme reactions they're giving. It's so clear they already have their favorites. I'm now really pulling for Lauren and Victoria to band together to do something big here.

PUSH

Original Poster
I did enjoy the foreshadowing of Ron saying they just have to get to the family visit, to then be the one voted out after the family visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom