Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance

PUSH

That one TC with Kimmi was crazy. I thought Stephen was going to explode. Crazy.

As for the final 3, I thought it was going to be a lot closer. I thought maybe 6-4, but not the way it turned out. I think Jeremy's comment about his son and family came at the perfect time. Right at the end, right before the votes were cast. I think that swayed a lot of people, as I don't believe Jeremy played the best game. Spencer was really in control of the entire game, and he was really in control of Jeremy. Jeremy didn't know what was going on before the Kimmi vote, and after the finale I realized he was pretty not in control for a while. Spencer had Jeremy locked tight, Tasha also. I'm disappointed he didn't win, as I believe he was truly the best player in the game this season. I think Jeremy is a deserving winner, don't get me wrong, but I would have even voted for Kelley over him after the finale.

I think Spencer will get another chance to play in the future. Jeff loves him, as do a lot of fans. I also think Joe will get a third opportunity. I think everyone else has run their course. Wentworth I'd like to see again, but I don't think she's popular enough to bring back for a third time.

Definitely one of my favorite seasons ever, right up there with All-Stars 1, Micronesia, Cagayan, and Worlds Apart. I'd go as far as putting it in my top three, along with Micronesia and Cagayan - in no specific order.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Okay @PUSH, I'm going to be that guy.

Spencer blew it at final four TC when he bullied and threatened Jeremy in front of the jury. His proclamation that he would ensure the jury voted for Wentworth over Jeremy was laughable. He doesn't control the jury,
I think the 10-0 vote in favour of Jeremy proved that.

Spencer came off unbelievably arrogant at that TC, and I don't think even another ten Tribals would have been enough to cleanse the bad taste he left in the jury's mouth.

As you know, outside of my Day 1 fave four (Varner, Terry, Savage and Wiglesworth), Jeremy and Keith were my next two.

A very satisfying season.

And now I'm so excited to see how Beast Mode Cowboy fares in the next season. Bring on the Judy chops. :hilarious:

Last edited:

SAV

Just saw that Jeri Manthey, Coach and Rudy from season 1 were all voted into the Survivor HOF.

The Class of 2010 included Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Mariano, Richard Hatch, and Sandra Diaz-Twine…

The Class of 2011 included Cirie Fields, Ozzy Lusth, and Tom Westman…

The Class of 2012 included Amanda Kimmel, Rob Cesternino, and Ethan Zohn…

The Class of 2013 included Kim Spradlin, John Cochran, and Jonny Fairplay…

They didn't list anything for 2014.

Wendy Pleakley

I'm a bit surprised to see a lack of enthusiasm for Tasha both here and from the Jury. Many people didn't even bother engaging with her at Tribal Council. I thought she played a great game.

Jeremy was a deserving winner. I don't love the fact that he brought up the wife and kids angle, as that really shouldn't be a factor.

Spencer would have been my first choice but that Tribal Council meltdown and threat was a colossal misfire. He should have just highlighted Wentworth's big moves and the fact that she wasn't in control, therefore few on the jury would be bitter as she was not the reason for their exit.

Good for Kimmi for finally making a big move. Had she done it sooner or had the idols not been played it would have been a game changer.

Keith continued his streak of not even trying to play the game. He was given the choice, him or Kimmi leaving, and he actually needed convincing which way to go. He's likeable enough, but is really a non-entity as a player.

Wentworth went out well, almost orchestrating the big move with Kimmi. If only Keith was willing to play the game, the fake idol might have had an impact.

I'm glad Jeff did that tribal council recap, as it was a little bit confusing. I don't recall how previous ties worked, I seem to recall no one retaining immunity if it came down to drawing rocks.

PUSH

Okay @PUSH, I'm going to be that guy.

Spencer blew it at final four TC when he bullied and threatened Jeremy in front of the jury. His proclamation that he would ensure the jury voted for Wentworth over Jeremy was laughable. He doesn't control the jury,
I think the 10-0 vote in favour of Jeremy proved that.

Spencer came off unbelievably arrogant at that TC, and I don't think even another ten Tribals would have been enough to cleanse the bad taste he left in the jury's mouth.

As you know, outside of my Day 1 fave four (Varner, Terry, Savage and Wiglesworth), Jeremy and Keith were my next two.

A very satisfying season.

And now I'm so excited to see how Beast Mode Cowboy fares in the next season. Bring on the Judy chops. :hilarious:

I agree about the Kelley thing. He didn't need to go at him like that, but I think everything he said was accurate. I would have voted for Wentworth over Jeremy.

As a jury member, I'm not looking at sympathy. Not saying that's the only reason Jeremy won, but I think it really played a factor.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I agree about the Kelley thing. He didn't need to go at him like that, but I think everything he said was accurate. I would have voted for Wentworth over Jeremy.

As a jury member, I'm not looking at sympathy. Not saying that's the only reason Jeremy won, but I think it really played a factor.
I think Jeremy still wins even without the pregnant wife, but maybe in a 7-3 vote or something like that. But I feel like there were quite a few people on the fence, and they probably figured they might as well give him their vote.

PUSH

I think Jeremy still wins even without the pregnant wife, but maybe in a 7-3 vote or something like that. But I feel like there were quite a few people on the fence, and they probably figured they might as well give him their vote.
I feel like there was so much this season, that they couldn't fit in the normal amount of conversations they normally do. I never really got a good sense of strategy or gameplay other than "this person seems like a good idea now". I think a lot of Jeremy's strategy was left out. They almost needed 2 hour episodes this season.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
d that tribal council recap, as it was a little bit confusing. I don't recall how previous ties worked, I seem to recall no one retaining immunity if it came down to drawing rocks.
Yeah that's how it works. To be honest I don't think it would be fair to take it away from them, but at the same time I don't think it was fair to Keith or Kimmi that Keith was the only one eligible to draw rocks. At final 7 or any other number ok, but at 6 when there's no other choice, Tasha and Kimmi really should have just gone to fire making IMO

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I feel like there was so much this season, that they couldn't fit in the normal amount of conversations they normally do. I never really got a good sense of strategy or gameplay other than "this person seems like a good idea now". I think a lot of Jeremy's strategy was left out. They almost needed 2 hour episodes this season.
Yeah, I agree. I feel like it's like that for a lot of people which is why I really enjoy the secret scenes and confessionals on the Survivor YouTube page. It really gives a glimpse into what some of the under edited people are thinking strategically.

PUSH

Yeah, I agree. I feel like it's like that for a lot of people which is why I really enjoy the secret scenes and confessionals on the Survivor YouTube page. It really gives a glimpse into what some of the under edited people are thinking strategically.
I love returning players, but I'll be happy to get a fresh set of faces. No pre-determined favorites, and hoping for just a great, strategic season. They nailed it with Cagayan, felt short with BvW 2, and then nailed it again with Worlds Apart. Let's hope they nail it again.

GenerationX

Satisfying end to one of the best seasons.

The jury focused on Jeremy and Spencer, which wasn't surprising. There was NO talk at the final four of eliminating Tasha, because she clearly could not beat any of them. I would have been happy with any of the other three winning.

Anyone going on the show in the future should learn how to do those sliding tile puzzles. They're a staple nowadays.

It cracked me up at the reunion when Keith admitted the game is not fun.

The show has managed to add interesting elements to the game without detracting from the core concept, which may explain why the show has lasted so many seasons. I'm in for the Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn retread.

PUSH

Satisfying end to one of the best seasons.

The jury focused on Jeremy and Spencer, which wasn't surprising. There was NO talk at the final four of eliminating Tasha, because she clearly could not beat any of them. I would have been happy with any of the other three winning.

Anyone going on the show in the future should learn how to do those sliding tile puzzles. They're a staple nowadays.

It cracked me up at the reunion when Keith admitted the game is not fun.

The show has managed to add interesting elements to the game without detracting from the core concept, which may explain why the show has lasted so many seasons. I'm in for the Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn retread.
The only thing I'm not a huge fan of with BvBvB 2 is how soon they did it again. Same with BvW 2. But, if it's a good season, I won't be complaining.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I wanted Wentworth to win, but what can you do. Jeremy was certainly deserving.
Me too kinda. Wentworth and Kimmi for me. But it's funny how Wentworth turned around for me on finale night because up until then I really didn't like her :p
The only thing I'm not a huge fan of with BvBvB 2 is how soon they did it again. Same with BvW 2. But, if it's a good season, I won't be complaining.
I don't mind really, because the difference between BvBvB/WCvBCvNC and BvW is that the way they do it for the former is to get a good cast before they pick the theme. For BvW they chose the theme first which could limit them with a good cast (like SJDS)

NYwdwfan

Just a random thought - I found it incredibly hypocritical when Kimmi was scolding Spencer for his behavior and saying she would use it as a learning experience for her kids on how NOT to act whilst she had NO ISSUE lying to Jeremy's face and congratulating herself in the confessional on how she could fake cry to sell the lie.

PUSH

Just a random thought - I found it incredibly hypocritical when Kimmi was scolding Spencer for his behavior and saying she would use it as a learning experience for her kids on how NOT to act whilst she had NO ISSUE lying to Jeremy's face and congratulating herself in the confessional on how she could fake cry to sell the lie.
The entire finale I could see Kimmi knew she was in the wrong - and really deserved to be voted out - but she wouldn't admit it. I felt she kept trying to get the "it's okay" from Jeremy without actually owning her actions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom