Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
survivorlogo.jpg
Well, we have our cast! I guess this next season will be the conclusion of the most recent era of survivor of sorts.

The cast:

Kelly Wiglesworth - Season 1, Survivor: Borneo
Jeff Varner - Season 2, Survivor: The Australian Outback
Kimmi Kappenberg
- Season 2, Survivor: The Australian Outback
Andrew Savage - Season 7, Survivor: Pearl Islands
Terry Deitz - Season 12, Survivor: Panama
Peih-Gee Law - Season 15, Survivor: China
Stephen Fishbach - Season 18, Survivor: Tocantins
Monica Padilla - Season 19, Survivor: Samoa
Abi-Maria Gomes - Season 25, Survivor: Philippines
Ciera Eastin - Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Vytas Baskauskas - Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Kass McQuillen - Season 28 , Survivor: Cagayan
Spencer Bledsoe - Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan
Tasha Fox - Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan
Woo Hwang - Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan
Jeremy Collins - Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur
Keith Nale - Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur
Kelley Wentworth - Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur
Joe Anglim - Season 30, Survivor: Worlds Apart
Shirin Oskooi - Season 30 Survivor: Worlds Apart

Only a few months!

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
My thoughts on the cast....

Overall, I think it's pretty good. We have plenty of strong strategic and smart players, like Spencer, Stephen, Jeremy, Peih-Gee, etc., but also we have fun characters like Keith and Woo that aren't necessarily goats but just liven up the cast dynamic.

There were a few people though that got snubbed that I'm REALLY not happy about. I thought for sure Shane and Carolyn were locks, but neither of them got on which really disappointed me. Shane was one of the best characters ever, and Carolyn deserves a second chance honestly. Also, I kind of wish T-Bird and Jim Rice were on just because I like them and wanted to see what they would do, but I knew inside that they wouldn't. Lastly, MAX!! :p I know most people didn't like Max, but I really like that guy, and I wanted him on. I hope he, along with the other four of these people here, get another chance sometime in the future. They deserve it. But, aside from that, cast looks good!
The others that didn't make it were Stephanie Valencia, Mikayla Wingle, Natalie Tenerellie, and Sabrina Thompson for the females, and Brad Culpepper, Troyzan Robertson, and Mike Holloway (obviously) for the males.)

Oh, one more thing...It looks like Wigglesworth has had some work done :p....And she doesn't look too enthusiastic to be there :p
Survivor-Cambodia-Second-Chance-cast.jpg

Last edited:

PUSH

A lot of good players on the cast. Some people I'll be cheering for from the start will be Spencer, Ciera, Jeremy, Joe, Tasha and Vytas. There really are a lot of good players here. I'll even probably cheer for Kelly Wiglesworth a little bit. I think Spencer and Ciera will be my top two, though.

RMichael21

survivorlogo.jpg
Well, we have our cast! I guess this next season will be the conclusion of the most recent era of survivor of sorts.

The cast:

Kelly Wiglesworth - Season 1, Survivor: Borneo
Jeff Varner - Season 2, Survivor: The Australian Outback
Kimmi Kappenberg - Season 2, Survivor: The Australian Outback
Andrew Savage - Season 7, Survivor: Pearl Islands
Terry Deitz - Season 12, Survivor: Panama
Peih-Gee Law - Season 15, Survivor: China
Stephen Fishbach - Season 18, Survivor: Tocantins
Monica Padilla - Season 19, Survivor: Samoa
Abi-Maria Gomes - Season 25, Survivor: Philippines
Ciera Eastin - Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Vytas Baskauskas - Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs. Water
Kass McQuillen - Season 28 , Survivor: Cagayan
Spencer Bledsoe - Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan
Tasha Fox - Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan
Woo Hwang - Season 28, Survivor: Cagayan
Jeremy Collins - Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur
Keith Nale - Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur
Kelley Wentworth - Season 29, Survivor: San Juan del Sur
Joe Anglim - Season 30, Survivor: Worlds Apart
Shirin Oskooi - Season 30 Survivor: Worlds Apart

Only a few months!
I'm truly excited for this season, it'll be fun to watch all of our favorite players return and battle it out.

Some predictions:

I think that Kass, Kelly and Joe will get voted out early for one reason or another. Kass because no one can trust her. Kelly because she really doesn't have Survivor knowledge (she hasn't watched any Survivor season other than her own). Joe and Jeremy because their huge challenge threats and both very like-able.

I predict that Tasha, Spencer and Shirin will be voted off later, but before the merge. Simply because they're either a threat in challenges and good at strategy.

PUSH

It would be interesting to see what Spencer and Tasha can do if they are placed in a position of power. I doubt they'd put them on the same tribe to begin, but they may do that to create a storyline. It'd be funny if Spencer and Kass get on the same tribe. And I hadn't realized Kelly hasn't watched any of the past 29 seasons. If she had, she could be a real threat.

And it should be interesting to see how players react to their friendships from real life. I believe Spencer, Tasha and Kass are all friends, and maybe even Woo.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
So, just a few days ago, the second chancers returned home from Cambodia!
For those who don't know, "Redmond" on Twitter (also at insidesurvivor.com) gives minor spoilers...As in, not boot order, but cast spoilers, tribes, things like that. He found our tribes if you are interested...
image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like a pretty good split to me!

Also, very minor spoiler...
The conditions this season are said to be brutal. Much like they will be in S32 (which filmed a few months ago). But, on the bright side, there are no medevacs!

NYwdwfan

So, just a few days ago, the second chancers returned home from Cambodia!
For those who don't know, "Redmond" on Twitter (also at insidesurvivor.com) gives minor spoilers...As in, not boot order, but cast spoilers, tribes, things like that. He found our tribes if you are interested...
View attachment 101204

View attachment 101205

Looks like a pretty good split to me!

Also, very minor spoiler...
The conditions this season are said to be brutal. Much like they will be in S32 (which filmed a few months ago). But, on the bright side, there are no medevacs!

Cool info - it's the type of stuff that gets me pumped for Survivor in the off-season but I probably won't remember when the season starts (thus not really any sort of a spoiler).

I'm glad Kass and Spencer are on different teams - and am curious to see if Spencer works with Woo. Kimmi has a big mouth - I can see her and Kass getting into it from day 1.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Cool info - it's the type of stuff that gets me pumped for Survivor in the off-season but I probably won't remember when the season starts (thus not really any sort of a spoiler).

I'm glad Kass and Spencer are on different teams - and am curious to see if Spencer works with Woo. Kimmi has a big mouth - I can see her and Kass getting into it from day 1.
For me the most interesting thing will be Vytas and Terry on the same tribe, as in Terry's first season he had one of the biggest survivor rivals ever with Vytas's brother Aras.

Same here, it gets me very excited :D
Right now I'm actually re watching old seasons with 2nd chancers. Right now I'm finishing up Samoa.

NYwdwfan

For me the most interesting thing will be Vytas and Terry on the same tribe, as in Terry's first season he had one of the biggest survivor rivals ever with Vytas's brother Aras.

Same here, it gets me very excited :D
Right now I'm actually re watching old seasons with 2nd chancers. Right now I'm finishing up Samoa.

I think I am going to start doing that. Some seasons I recall VERY well, some not so much. There were a few that aired during tax season before I had a DVR and I only caught a few episodes.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I think I am going to start doing that. Some seasons I recall VERY well, some not so much. There were a few that aired during tax season before I had a DVR and I only caught a few episodes.
Yeah some of them I really didn't remember at all (Coincidentally one was definitely Monica from Samoa)

NYwdwfan

Yeah some of them I really didn't remember at all (Coincidentally one was definitely Monica from Samoa)

There are definitely people I didn't recognize at the second chance tribe reveal, either (a) since a lot of time has passed or (b) because they were clean and showered, but once I went back and looked at their season I remembered them. Still fun to go back and re-watch!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Yeah I've really been enjoying rewatchingn them!

Shane and Jeff in particular I found to look really different in their second chance picture than their season

PUSH

I just finished watching season 14 the other day. No second chancers, but I'm moving on to 15, and I believe there's one from there. Pei-Gee?

I also remember all of them pretty well because I've seen their seasons within the past year, since I didn't start watching old season until last summer.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I just finished watching season 14 the other day. No second chancers, but I'm moving on to 15, and I believe there's one from there. Pei-Gee?

I also remember all of them pretty well because I've seen their seasons within the past year, since I didn't start watching old season until last summer.
Yeah, Pei-Gee is from 15 (china).
Good season!!

PUSH

Yeah, Pei-Gee is from 15 (china).
Good season!!
I've found 12-14 to be a particularly good stretch of seasons. I loved Terry from 12 (another 2nd Chancer!), 13 provided great entertainment and gameplay, along with good players such as Candice, Jonathan Penner and Parvati, and 14 I thought was entertaining and enjoyable and gave me a player I loved in Yau-Man, plus it had a deserving winner.

I apologize for that awful run-on sentence.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I've found 12-14 to be a particularly good stretch of seasons. I loved Terry from 12 (another 2nd Chancer!), 13 provided great entertainment and gameplay, along with good players such as Candice, Jonathan Penner and Parvati, and 14 I thought was entertaining and enjoyable and gave me a player I loved in Yau-Man, plus it had a deserving winner.

I apologize for that awful run-on sentence.
I agree. Cool Islands was probably my least favorite, because to me it didn't really have many "character" moments but seemed to rely more on twists. Watching it the first time was really entertaining not knowing what's coming, but it's only ok to me rewatching. 12 was one of my favorites (how did Shane not get voted back in?! :p), and 14 I think is pretty underrated but good (I think Alex and Dreamz should have been in the 2nd chance pool).

PUSH

I agree. Cool Islands was probably my least favorite, because to me it didn't really have many "character" moments but seemed to rely more on twists. Watching it the first time was really entertaining not knowing what's coming, but it's only ok to me rewatching. 12 was one of my favorites (how did Shane not get voted back in?! :p), and 14 I think is pretty underrated but good (I think Alex and Dreamz should have been in the 2nd chance pool).
Cook Islands did have too many twists. But I thought it was a very strong cast of players. I also forgot to mention Yul in that group. I think he's one of the best players Survivor has seen, just the way he was able to play the jury and manipulate everyone around him. And for 12, I hated Shane. Absolutely hated him. He might have been good TV, but I don't know if I could have taken another season of him!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Cook Islands did have too many twists. But I thought it was a very strong cast of players. I also forgot to mention Yul in that group. I think he's one of the best players Survivor has seen, just the way he was able to play the jury and manipulate everyone around him. And for 12, I hated Shane. Absolutely hated him. He might have been good TV, but I don't know if I could have taken another season of him!
I loved Shane :p :D I mean, he was a bit of a ****, but I just found him so much fun to watch. Kind of like Russel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom