Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

MarvelCharacterNerd

I may be hopelessly (and happily) out of it, but I'll have you know I still know how to Google. 🧐

After a fruitless two minutes on Twitter combing through guys named Anthony, I ended up on YouTube with a little theme song that's gone viral around the world called "Agatha All Along" from that WandaVision show I don't understand. Right? That's where I was supposed to end up on Google, and not just buying more German steak knives I don't really need, wasn't it?

Regardless.... I love it! That song will do quite nicely for the little jingle attached to whatever Gavin replaces the Blueprint with.
:D

I *almost* posted the video to go along with it right below my post but somehow figured you'd have more fun figuring it out on your own! :)

Darkbeer1

Well, the Honda Center and Angel Stadium might get to have fans in April. The Dodgers are working for its home owner, as are the LA Galaxy and the LAFC.

>>Last month the Dodgers, who also played home games in an empty stadium last season, became the first local team to confirm it is working with the governor’s office and public health officials on a plan to allow a limited number of fans to attend games at Dodger Stadium, beginning with the team’s regular-season opener on April 9.

In a video sent to season-ticket holders, team president Stan Kasten said, “I hope, by opening day, we are finally going to have some fans in the park. I don’t think it will be a full stadium just yet. But I do believe sometime during this season, the way things are looking, we will have a full stadium again.”<<

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Well that is still debatable regarding CA vs FL.

Looking at the "raw" data, FL at being almost half the size of CA has effectively the SAME number of people infected. Saying that another way, CA being almost twice as big in terms of population should have had twice as many infections as FL if what you're saying is to be believed. But we haven't. So that indicates that from pure infection rate the CA lock downs was more effective at preventing COVID infections than FL being open.

California = 90,124 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, Population 39.51M
Florida = 89,306 Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million, Population 21.48M

I think you are arguing with yourself here. The data in the article is using the SAME METRIC ( Cases per 1 Million) for every state. So the size makes no difference.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Yes, which is where some of the other numbers come into play. Had FL done more testing and contact tracing like CA did that number of theirs might be a lot higher. Ultimately it'll be history that decides which plan was better at preventing the spread of this virus, not us here on a Disney Fan Site.
I do see California doing a bit more, but I wouldn't say Florida was too far behind.

California 1,237,521 Tests per 1 Mil Pop

Florida 1,019,735 Tests per 1 Mil Pop

USA Average 1,093,492 Tests per 1 Mil Pop

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think you are arguing with yourself here. The data in the article is using the SAME METRIC ( Cases per 1 Million) for every state. So the size makes no difference.
I'm not, but thank you anyways.

Not directed at you but I'll just leave this here and everyone can formulate their own opinion on it.

Ultimately everyone has an opinion on this subject, and anything discussed here isn't going to change those opinions.

TP2000

Original Poster
I would have thought you would have been a fan of leading by example for all the times you have criticized Gav for failing to do that.

Gavin has never led by example. Not in the home he chose, nor in its location to his workplace, or in the way he lied about a dinner party he went to. None of that is exclusive to Gavin Newsom, many sleazy politicians do that sort of stuff regardless of whether they have a 'D' or an 'R' or an 'I' next to their title.

It's Gavin's smugness as he does all that stuff that is so off-putting to so many. Thus... the recall. The recall will at least snuff out his chances at national politics. The other 49 states can send us a thank you card for that.

I have a question for you though, do you think that the party of 45 is heading in a dangerous direction and completely fumbled the Covid response? Or think that the previous administration did just fine by embracing anti-truth or anti-science? I may already know your answer but put it in words for everyone here.

No, I don't. "Anti-science." What does that even mean? Like flat earthers? I can't imagine any Republican running for office would claim the earth is flat, or that science doesn't exist. Anti-science is such a hysterically ridiculous term that it shouldn't even merit a response.

It's almost as silly as using the phrase "anti-truth" in a sentence. That's gone into loony bin territory at that point. Even George Orwell wouldn't have been able to believe it. What the heck is "anti-truth"? How does anyone even have a conversation with someone who uses that in a sentence? 🤣

As for the way the Trump administration handled the Covid response, I'd give them about an 8 out of 10. Hindsight is 20-20, but I think he should have laid out a recovery/reopening plan early on last spring for states to follow. And he should have hammered home the reality of the data behind Covid; who it kills (old and sickly) and who it doesn't (young and healthy). Trump and his admin team didn't communicate that effectively, and that led to states like California being in perpetual and never-ending lockdown for the past 51 weeks with middling results. That's about my only big criticism of his administration's handling of the virus.

Do I think that if Joe Biden had been in the White House last January things would have been any different for the impact of Covid on the nation? No. With Biden in the White House, there is still no legal authority for the federal government to mandate national mask wearing or close restaurants in Dallas or theme parks in Florida. That's not how the federal government is set up, nor how it can run the country short of declaring martial law and nullifying the US Constitution.

Joe Biden has been in the White House for six weeks. There is no national mask mandate, there is no national ban on indoor dining, there is no national declaration that all public schools must close, there is no national ban on interstate travel. Because the President of the US has no authority nor power to do that or implement anything close to that. It's up to the 50 states to do that, and even then Texas can't tell Oklahoma what to do, which is why our decentralized federal republic of 50 states works so well.

That there are people who thought Trump should have done "more" boggles the mind. Do they not teach Civics in high school any more??? The fact that Biden has also done none of the things they thought Trump should have done, and has merely just continued the Covid response processes the Trump administration already began, but just renamed them and rebranded them speaks volumes.

castleparker

Anti-science." What does that even mean? Like flat earthers? I can't imagine any Republican running for office would claim the earth is flat, or that science doesn't exist. Anti-science is such a hysterically ridiculous term that it shouldn't even merit a response.
I'm going to quote myself because this is a perfect example of it:
Haven't you learned by now? If one can't understand something it is obviously evil and/or doesn't exist.
Also, I'd advise you to not look into Marjorie Taylor Greene's platform.
Regardless, this is exactly what I thought you would say, TP. It would be an understatement to say I vehemently disagree. Though I do applaud you for responding as few on here have been willing to after I ask them to elaborate on their positions. But the fact is that there has been a growing anti-science movement within the party, and for an example of anti-truth in action look no further than what led up to the 6th. Denial of this is willing blindness.

TP2000

Original Poster
I'm going to quote myself because this is a perfect example of it:

Also, I'd advise you to not look into Marjorie Taylor Greene's platform.
I've never heard of her. Is she in California?

Regardless, this is exactly what I thought you would say, TP. It would be an understatement to say I vehemently disagree. Though I do applaud you for responding as few on here have been willing to after I ask them to elaborate on their positions.

I'm happy to. I've been called pretty much every name in the book here in the last 90 days because I dared to not conform to their beliefs. And many of those folks have now disappeared. Funny how that works when you stand up for yourself. :)

But the fact is that there has been a growing anti-science movement within the party, and for an example of anti-truth in action look no further than what led up to the 6th. Denial of this is willing blindness.

Again with new made up words like "anti-science" and "anti-truth". That's just not a way to have a conversation with someone. Like asking someone "So because I noticed you have a Trump bumper sticker and that means you hate women and want them all to die, how do you think that young lady who applied for the Accounting job did in her interview this afternoon?"

Honestly, how the heck does one even respond to something like that?

"Anti-truth", Just sit and ponder what that even could mean, and how one could even respond. o_O

castleparker

I've never heard of her. Is she in California?

I'm happy to. I've been called pretty much every name in the book here in the last 90 days because I dared to not conform to their beliefs. And many of those folks have now disappeared. Funny how that works when you stand up for yourself. :)

Again with new made up words like "anti-science" and "anti-truth". That's just not a way to have a conversation with someone. Like asking someone "So because I noticed you have a Trump bumper sticker and that means you hate women and want them all to die, how do you think that young lady who applied for the Accounting job did in her interview this afternoon?"

Honestly, how the heck does one even respond to something like that?

"Anti-truth", Just sit and ponder what that even could mean, and how one could even respond. o_O
Last post for today, but here is the Merriam-Webster definition of Anti-science: "a set or system of attitudes and beliefs that are opposed to or reject science and scientific methods and principles."
And perhaps I should have been using the phrase "post truth" in place of anti-truth. Here is the Oxford definition of it: "Post-truth is an adjective defined as ‘relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief."
So these words exist, and are included in dictionaries, so I don't know how to further prove that they are made up. Both of these are very applicable to the situation that has infested one side of current politics.

Californian Elitist

Nothing that happened on "The 6th" had anything to do with "Anti-Science" or whatever you're on about. You need to take off your Partisan Glasses, stop watching Cable News and see the world for how it really is. Leave. Go outside. Get off Tweeter.
They weren’t making a direct connection of anti-science and the terrorists who attacked the Capitol on January 6th. They were making a point about how post-truth can lead to things such as anti-science and the fools who believe the recent presidential election was stolen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom