Surprise Mission: Space Fast Passes

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
Well who saw this coming? Mission: Space and Body Wars share the same problem - both are not packing them in.

Test Track is currently spitting out Surprise Fastpasses for Mission: Space. I don't have a picture, but you can simply look almost anywhere on property to see them scattered on the floor. There were several even at the TTC yesterday.

ToTBellHop

WDWFREAK53 said:
Is it because it's not "packing them in" or because it has such a high ride capacity?
Little of A, Little of B. It clearly is getting fewer guests than expected, though, or they wouldn't have spent so much money to get the capacity so high. However, it does present the possibility for cloning at a reasonable price--just have 2 or 3 centrifuges. 4 is clearly not necessary.

dazzer68

to be honest i didnt go on mission space as i was scared off by all the hype of people throwing up and passing out! so i avoided it!
maybe the spin doctors are over working on space but it seems like its having opposite effect and not exciting people by the ride but putting doubts in peoples head as to wether they can ride it or not!

PatsRule

For me, and my 12-year old son, it's a "once a trip" ride. We'll go on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and other things multiple times. Mission Space is cool and like nothing else but once is enough for us.

dxwwf3

The thing I can't understand is how people complain about Disney World being nothing but waiting in lines in the hot sun. So Disney creates a new attraction that is designed to create minimal waits and really eat through capacity. And now those same type of guests will skip any attraction that doesn't have a huge line because they think only good attractions have lines.

joelleharbert

My family didn't even consider riding it after hearing all of the horror stories about riders losing their lunch (and breakfast and last night's dinner) on the ride. Personally I think people are getting scared off by the negative publicity. If you are prone to any type of motion sickness (which I am), I don't want to ruin an entire day with one ride.

dxwwf3

joelleharbert said:
My family didn't even consider riding it after hearing all of the horror stories about riders losing their lunch (and breakfast and last night's dinner) on the ride. Personally I think people are getting scared off by the negative publicity. If you are prone to any type of motion sickness (which I am), I don't want to ruin an entire day with one ride.

I can agree with that. But I do feel the ride is actually pretty tame and the warnings feel like extreme overkill, but Disney does have to try and warn people the best they can to avoid silly lawsuits.

WDWFREAK53

joelleharbert said:

Bingo...but I say...do it last thing before you leave if you're unsure. That way, if you do get sick, you're going back to your room anyways.

WDWFREAK53

joeyjoe92979 said:
Or because it's so boring after the second time.

That can be said for many attractions that are the same rides over and over. Rock n Rollercoaster for instance...same rollercoaster over and over...that is a ride that sorta bores me...Mission:Space doesn't really bore me because there are many times when I ride that I'm with "newbies" so it's fun to see their reactions.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
This is not surprising at all. It is my poor, harsh, judgemental, and uninformed opinion that Mission Space is a poorly made attraction with little to no re-rideability.

There, fixed that for you.

No need to thank me

wannab@dis

Enderikari said:
There, fixed that for you.

No need to thank me
:lol:

Thank you fixing that. :wave:

Except, maybe it should be this...
Ghostbuster626 said:
This is not surprising at all. It is my poor, harsh, judgemental, and uninformed opinion (that I read from Jim Hill and Al Lutz) that Mission Space is a poorly made attraction with little to no re-rideability.

imagineersrock

WDWFREAK53 said:
That can be said for many attractions that are the same rides over and over. Rock n Rollercoaster for instance...same rollercoaster over and over...that is a ride that sorta bores me...Mission:Space doesn't really bore me because there are many times when I ride that I'm with "newbies" so it's fun to see their reactions.
BINGO.

I ride M:S over and over, just to hear the reactions from first-time guests during/after the ride.

The thing I hate regarding M:S is that it is such a fantastic experience, but so many people are scared off and refuse to try it just because of those warnings that you hear again, and again, and again.

Is it intense? Yes, but I definitely think a lot more people could enjoy this attraction than currently do simply because they get scared off by the warnings of G-forces, enclosed dark spaces, spinning, and motion-sickness bags. I can't even tell you how many people I have seen get all the way through to the second preshow, only to bail out after hearing those same warnings for the 20th time.

I realize warnings are a neccesity, but I just find it a shame that they scare off many guests that might have potentially loved the attraction.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
Uh how is my opinion Uninformed??? Ive been on the ride many times and I know plenty about it.

Star Tours > Mission: Space

By now, if you haven't realized why I consider your opinion uniformed, then you never will. But, if you truly don't know the reasons that I do value your opinion the same as I do a wooden nickel...

well, I'll tell you when you're older.

askmike1

joelleharbert said:
Personally I think people are getting scared off by the negative publicity. If you are prone to any type of motion sickness (which I am), I don't want to ruin an entire day with one ride.
Publicity doesn't scare off people, people scare off themselves. Not going on a ride because other people said it made them feel funny (people who most likely didn't follow the instructions of opening their eyes & looking foward) is no different than taking the Chicken exit in Splash Mountain.

It's an attraction, some people will throw up, some people won't. People throw up in the Teacups, people throw up on Primeval Whirl, people throw up in almost every attraction. It's something that's going to happen no matter what. If anything, it is likely to happen less in M:S than Teacups (provided you follow the rules) as you don't feel like you are spinning. Point of this is that it isn't Disney's fault if someone doesn't ride it because they scared themselves out of it.

Enderikari said:
By now, if you haven't realized why I consider your opinion uniformed, then you never will. But, if you truly don't know the reasons that I do value your opinion the same as I do a wooden nickel...

well, I'll tell you when you're older.

If my opinion is uninformed then how comes the website run by Disney and Pixar professionals agrees with me?

Answer me that and I'll show you a green dog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom