Superbowl or Walt Disney World

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
If by some miracle the Vikings could make the Super Bowl, I'd go to that.....any other teams and I'll take WDW.

riverscu0m0

I don't like football, so I'd say Disney. However, if this were a Bruins or Blackhawks Stanley Cup Championship,(or my worst fear - a bruins against blackhawks cup) then I'd probably fork out that money.

JIMINYCR

Even if the seats were on the players bench, and I could share the stage with the half time entertainer, I would choose Disney. Even if it would mean having to stand in line for +++ minutes for every ride, listening to Brazilian chants, and having no towel animals in my room I would choose going to Disney over going to the Super Bowl. Simply stated... I can't think of anything I would rather do than Disney.

HouCuseChickie

And to the person who said American football is too slow... Soccer takes perfectly good jockeys, tennis players, and golfers away from their preffered sport and makes them run around until it ends nil-nil. Meanwhile, we have trained rhinos to stand on two feet and beat each other until we can no longer ID our kids. USA USA USA ;-)

That's really a big part of our issue with soccer. It's a blast to play it, but to watch it is pretty much a couple of hours of endless running with little to no scoring.

cba

WDW, except if my Giants are playing. I've always wanted to be in the NFL championship with a whole bunch of Giants fans, rooting for our team. And if the Giants go to the Super Bowl next year, that would be awesome because the Super Bowl is being played at Metlife Stadium, the Giants home field. Other than that I'd rather being at WDW getting a Fastpass for Splash Mountain and have fun! But if I got free or really cheap Super Bowl tickets, nobody what team's playing it's no contest.

Glasgow

I used to LOVE watching football. Now, it's more like watching commercials with a few plays thrown in here or there. Out of the 60 mins of time, there is actually only 11-12.5 mins of play time (look it up). That's right. Pathetic. Still love the game, but I'll be spending my time elsewhere, like planning our next trip .. :)

DisneyDebNJ

WDW, except if my Giants are playing. I've always wanted to be in the NFL championship with a whole bunch of Giants fans, rooting for our team. And if the Giants go to the Super Bowl next year, that would be awesome because the Super Bowl is being played at Metlife Stadium, the Giants home field. Other than that I'd rather get a Fastpass for Splash Mountain and have fun!
Ummm... Im a die hard Eagles fan (dont laugh LOL) Giants are my #2 team, and DHs team.... but... next year Superbowl will be at Met Life!!!!! LOL

copcarguyp71

Could care less about a bunch of millionaires running around a field...give me sunshine and the house of mouse any day over sporting events... especially pro-sports!

bsiev1977

WDW, except if my Giants are playing. I've always wanted to be in the NFL championship with a whole bunch of Giants fans, rooting for our team. And if the Giants go to the Super Bowl next year, that would be awesome because the Super Bowl is being played at Metlife Stadium, the Giants home field. Other than that I'd rather being at WDW getting a Fastpass for Splash Mountain and have fun! But if I got free or really cheap Super Bowl tickets, nobody what team's playing it's no contest.
Let me tell you something from experience. There's nothing awesome about being outdoors in East Rutherford, NJ this time of year. The one season the XFL existed, I got season tickets. Got them because I could go to five games for less than what the worst seat for an NFL game goes for. There's a good reason the Super Bowl is played either in a dome, or in a warm weather location.

Bama14

I don't really care about the Super Bowl, but if I could've gone to the National Championship game between Alabama and LSU last year I may have been tempted to possibly shorten or put off my trip a bit (though not give it up completely!)....I had no doubt we would beat Notre Dame this year so I wouldn't have given up any Disney time for that one though. :p

cba

Let me tell you something from experience. There's nothing awesome about being outdoors in East Rutherford, NJ this time of year. The one season the XFL existed, I got season tickets. Got them because I could go to five games for less than what the worst seat for an NFL game goes for. There's a good reason the Super Bowl is played either in a dome, or in a warm weather location.
I'm used to the cold, because I used to live near East Rutherford (I still live in a cold environment). I know some people aren't use to the cold because they don't live in a cold environment. But I know some NFL fans either are used to the cold like I am or they don't care if they're freezing their heads off and they just want to see a Superbowl. I understand your point of view, but it's about time the Superbowl was up north with no dome.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I don't really care about the Super Bowl, but if I could've gone to the National Championship game between Alabama and LSU last year I may have been tempted to possibly shorten or put off my trip a bit (though not give it up completely!)....I had no doubt we would beat Notre Dame this year so I wouldn't have given up any Disney time for that one though. :p
If we had beaten Bama and went on to play ND I would still pick WDW over the ball game even though I have been a Bulldogs fan forever.

Cindee75

I would say Disney World all the way. I don't understand football and have never watched a game. I hear that it is always quieter Super Bowl weekend. Maybe I should plan on checking it out first hand next year.

Bama14

If we had beaten Bama and went on to play ND I would still pick WDW over the ball game even though I have been a Bulldogs fan forever.
I would not have missed for ND. As soon as we beat you guys it was pretty much a definate that we would be the National Champions. Our game with the Bulldogs was probably the true NC game! :) Now that LSU game, we were bitter over losing the first game. I would have LOVED to have been at that NC game! I wouldn't have completely given up Disney, but like I said, I may have made some adjustments to be able to see Al/LSU!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom