Superbowl or Walt Disney World

bsiev1977

WDW for sure. I've pretty much given up on live sports events. Can't stand being surrounded by obnoxious drunken morons.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
WDW has televisions. I can be happy with that (and I am a die hard Ravens fan) if I am enjoying a vacation at Disney. But I will need to watch the game.

HouCuseChickie

I am a Giants fan, but cheer for the Texans as my AFC team b/c I currently live in the Houston area.

That being said, I don't care who is playing...if I had the funds for tickets to the SuperBowl as well as the lodging (since SuperBowl rates make the GF rates look like bargain basement)....no doubt about it...

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, if you've ever listened to ESPN during SuperBowl week or lived in a city that's hosted the big game...there is just soooooo much fun going on. When it was in Houston, we went downtown and rubbed elbows with the celebs going into the trendy clubs then joined forces with some friends who had an office across the street from one of those clubs. We took turns hanging out in the windows and tossing beads to the crowds of fans, celebs and local revelers. It was awesome!!! Back when it was in Tampa, my mom and a friend went to the hotel where the Giants were staying and they hung out in the bar meeting players. But to also get to go to the game...talk about AMAZING!

Disney is great, but it will be there the following days and so on...which wouldn't be any kind of problem since apparently I had the funds to live it up in full at the SuperBowl!!! :D

bubbles1812

I've been to Disney many times and I'm always an advocate of people trying new things. That being said I'd only choose the Super Bowl over WDW if the Packers or the Steelers were playing. I'd rather see teams I like than random teams. But if my brother's trip to the National Championship for NCAA was any indication...big football games are a heck of a lot of fun :).

acishere

I'd like to go to a Superbowl once in my life. Since its gonna be in my state next year, maybe I can sacrifice a vacation to knock it off my bucket list.

Disney isn't going anywhere. If I have a rare travel opportunity or experience, I'll take it. Then Disney usually has something new waiting for me when I get back.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Again, you're on a WDW board what did you expect most answers to be?! Go on an NFL board and the answers will be the opposite.

BUT to contradict myself, I'd choose Super Bowl. Without a doubt. Been to WDW more times than I can count, never been to the Super Bowl.

Did not know what to expect. Looks like it is close to a tie..on a WDW board...imagine that.

DABIGCHEEZ

Go to disney every year so super bowl...
I'd also love to see Ray play in his last game

Just don't be near him after he wins or loses the Superbowl... he might stab you or even worse. :mad: He is no saint!

BTW... I am in for Superbowl! It is more exciting the WDW these days.

PUSH

I really don't get American Football, so slow paced.

Baseball. I don't get when people say that baseball is more entertaining than football (american). They throw a ball and miss the swing. Every now and then it's exciting when they hit it. Then someone catches it and your excitement is gone.

American football is my favorite sport though. It's so exciting and fun! I found I liked it more every time I watched it. You have to watch more than one drive to really enjoy it. That was my problem at first. Then I watched an entire game, but I guess it's not really a major sport in any other country, so I get where you're coming from! :)

PUSH

I LOVE both the Green Bay Packers and WDW. My two greatest (non-human/animal) loves! The decision was really tough, but I'd have to go with the Super Bowl. IF the Packers were in it. I don't really care about the SB unless my teams in it even though I'll still watch it. I would love to be in the excitement of Super Bowl week in the city that's hosting it. There's so much going on, so much excitement, and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! Well, not really, but it's much less common than WDW. A Super Bowl comes once every 10, 20, 30 years for a team (unless you're the Vikings, Lions, Browns, Jaguars... you get my point) while WDW is usually a yearly thing for me. While I love the World, I would give up a trip for a Packers Super Bowl trip.

I_heart_Tigger

I'd choose WDW over the Superbowl - but I'd also choose being repeatedly punched in the kidney over the Superbowl so that's not much of a surprise.

Side note - when I worked at WDW in '97 I met Brett Favre. I told him his ring looked heavy, he took it off and let me put it on. It was huge. I told him it was kind of ugly, not my style and he laughed and said he guessed he'd hang onto it himself then.

That night I called my sister and asked who Brett Favre is - she said he just won the Superbowl. I told her about the ring and she freaked out that I had on a Superbowl ring. She asked me a dozen questions but I had to stop her and ask one question - what sport is the Superbowl for?

WDW, if it was the World Series tickets and my home team (Phillies) were playing, then it would be a much tougher choice. The only time I watched the Superbowl in the last 10 years was the one time the Eagles were in it. I'm just not a football fan.

HM Spectre

If my team is playing in the game, the answer is obviously the Super Bowl. If not, it becomes harder.

Still, if they're not, I'd take a week at WDW and watching the Super Bowl on TV over one day of Super Bowl and no WDW at all!

Tinkerfan4ever

If the Packers are playing in the Super Bowl, then DEFINATELY Super Bowl. Any other team I would choose Disney. Although... the ultimate would be Packers playing in the Super Bowl in a Florida stadium and then making it a combined Super Bowl / Disney trip!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom