Superbowl or Walt Disney World

DisneyDebNJ

Saw a news report about how much people are paying for Superbowl tickets and thought to myself that I could fund a whole WDW trip for that kind of money. Then I realized if I could choose between the two and money was not a factor, I would still choose WDW. I usually only watch it for the commercials anyway, but would have been more enthused if the Falcons had made it instead of falling apart and losing after a nice lead over the 49ers.
What about you, Superbowl or WDW?
Tried to change my typo in the title but can't figure out how.
I am a huge football fan, however I cant see spending that kind of money for a ticket to watch ONE game.Hands down, I would rather go to Disney!! None of my teams are in it this year, so all I do anyway is cook!! LOL

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I am a huge football fan, however I cant see spending that kind of money for a ticket to watch ONE game.Hands down, I would rather go to Disney!! None of my teams are in it this year, so all I do anyway is cook!! LOL

Yeah, I just can't see that kind of money for one game, no matter how big the spectacle is. My wife makes all kinds of appetizers and desserts and we munch in between commercials.

thomas998

Saw a news report about how much people are paying for Superbowl tickets and thought to myself that I could fund a whole WDW trip for that kind of money. Then I realized if I could choose between the two and money was not a factor, I would still choose WDW. I usually only watch it for the commercials anyway, but would have been more enthused if the Falcons had made it instead of falling apart and losing after a nice lead over the 49ers.
What about you, Superbowl or WDW?
Tried to change my typo in the title but can't figure out how.

Just wish I lived in Orlando. I can imagine going to WDW this Sunday would be one of the least crowded times you could ever find.

jharvey

Again, you're on a WDW board what did you expect most answers to be?! Go on an NFL board and the answers will be the opposite.

BUT to contradict myself, I'd choose Super Bowl. Without a doubt. Been to WDW more times than I can count, never been to the Super Bowl.

Yeah but.....

in a vacuum, the answer would 100% be with the Super Bowl. But, the advances in tv tech, i can watch the game on a 46" hd tv and miss NOTHING. I can control my surroundings (aka, limiting the number of drunk beligerants to 1). Pizza Hut will feed me, and mine, for what 3 beers probably cost in the superdome this weekend. So, all things being equal, the super bowl should top any americans bucket list. But......

And to the person who said American football is too slow... Soccer takes perfectly good jockeys, tennis players, and golfers away from their preffered sport and makes them run around until it ends nil-nil. Meanwhile, we have trained rhinos to stand on two feet and beat each other until we can no longer ID our kids. USA USA USA ;-)

jharvey

May i add this as an interesting b-side to the op?

You are winding down a 10 day vaca to wdw and have always wanted to do MNSSHP ( i know the dates dont line up but go with me). Only opportunity to do so is on Super Bowl Sunday. Do u do MNSSHP or do you watch the Super Bowl from resort/espnzone?

epcotisbest

Original Poster
May i add this as an interesting b-side to the op?

You are winding down a 10 day vaca to wdw and have always wanted to do MNSSHP ( i know the dates dont line up but go with me). Only opportunity to do so is on Super Bowl Sunday. Do u do MNSSHP or do you watch the Super Bowl from resort/espnzone?

Skip them both and go to Epcot since I am already there in your scenario.

Bparso87

To see a game 7 Stanley Cup game with my pens taking it all then ok other then that Disney. I also have season tics so I must say it is always disney

bluewings

To see a game 7 Stanley Cup game with my pens taking it all then ok other then that Disney. I also have season tics so I must say it is always disney

Here we go, I'd pick a Stanley Cup Game 7 no matter what team was playing. Even if the Red Wings aren't in it, Game 7s are always an intense watch and I'd love to be in the crowd for all of them.

whitethunder

I went late at night last year for superbowl, it was bad weather and during the castle show. We rode space mountain enough times (walk-on) that everyone got to be in the front at least once. After we left there it seemed like we had the ENTIRE park to ourselves.

One of the most fun times we have ever had in the MK.

Bparso87

Here we go, I'd pick a Stanley Cup Game 7 no matter what team was playing. Even if the Red Wings aren't in it, Game 7s are always an intense watch and I'd love to be in the crowd for all of them.
Nothing better in the world live playoff hockey I pay for season tics just for the playoffs. I could see any team to. I am not a huge soccer fan but a World Cup final game would be awesome to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom