Super Early Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Thread

erasure fan1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ll-do-next-guardians-movie-james-gunn-1132316
Bautista is now saying he’s only going to do GotG 3 because he is ‘legally obligated to’ do so, and that he now finds working for Disney nauseating (for contributing to the smear campaign).
I read that last night. It wouldn't shock me if we see some guardians killed off in 3 or maybe not coming back for 3 at all. Disney is not going to want theses guys not supporting them. It almost seems like Dave is trying to get fired.

LSLS

I read that last night. It wouldn't shock me if we see some guardians killed off in 3 or maybe not coming back for 3 at all. Disney is not going to want theses guys not supporting them. It almost seems like Dave is trying to get fired.

Which honestly is pretty stupid on his part if he wants to continue making movies. He's not that big a star, and Disney is about to control a LARGE portion of the movie market. Maybe he is done with the industry and doesn't care anymore.

erasure fan1

Which honestly is pretty stupid on his part if he wants to continue making movies. He's not that big a star, and Disney is about to control a LARGE portion of the movie market. Maybe he is done with the industry and doesn't care anymore.
Or maybe he just thinks he's too popular and Disney will cave. Up to this point, the MCU has proved people will accept new characters. So to think you can't be replaced or they won't replace you is mighty ignorant.

Princess Leia

For Drax’s arc, it’s not like it wouldn’t be out of place for Thanos to permanently kill him in Avengers 4. Yeah I know what happened with the snap in IW, but the Russos have said that even with the snap, some of those characters might get killed off anyways.

erasure fan1

I just don't see them bringing him back. I don't see Disney coming out and saying, hey we totally jumped the gun (no pun intended) with the firing and see we made a mistake so we are bringing him back. Because of the way this was handled, it's a big lose lose situation. I just hope Disney is ready for the onslaught of negative to be lobbed at every person they hire from here on out that has any sort of perceived controversial past.

Lucky Rabbit

I just don't see them bringing him back. I don't see Disney coming out and saying, hey we totally jumped the gun (no pun intended) with the firing and see we made a mistake so we are bringing him back. Because of the way this was handled, it's a big lose lose situation. I just hope Disney is ready for the onslaught of negative to be lobbed at every person they hire from here on out that has any sort of perceived controversial past.
Ya but check out this article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...and-major-studio-movies-disney-firing-1133161

Gunn has a pretty good reputation among cast and crew around Hollywood. So much so that other studios are salivating at getting him.

Guardians without Gunn has a chance to flop. Which would also really kill the draw of the ride they're building. So you fire the guy behind a billion dollar franchise, and then lets say he goes to WB and makes DC movies... and if he turns those around? All of the sudden you've made your blockbuster competition better. I'm not saying they'll rehire him, but economically it makes sense to keep him.

Princess Leia

The real question becomes what they fill the spot with. While Spider-Man: Far From Home is technically the kick-off into the post Avengers 4 phase, the May 2020 slot is the first one owned by Disney. I think it’s probably safe to guess that Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2, or Black Widow just had their production timeline bumped up (I’m guessing it’s BW).

What’s really unfortunate about this mess is that the crew is going to have to find new work.

Last edited:

Mmoore29

Well, I hope this will give them all a chance to actually assess options and the movement to rehire Gunn grows in strength to a point that it can't be ignored. Likewise, I think there simply is no place for Alan Horn at Disney any longer, given how much he has botched crisis after crisis in the last year, as well as the absurdity of having the live action films division be the superiors to every other division, rather than each film division be autonomous and then only report to Iger and the board.

erasure fan1

I hope this will give them all a chance to actually assess options and the movement to rehire Gunn grows in strength to a point that it can't be ignored.
That would be what should happen, but I would be shocked if it was. I can see them writing out drax and maybe someone else because of outspoken they've been about re-hiring Gunn. It's like I always say to my coworkers when bosses come in, don't poke the bear. And really they already have a perfect replacement for Drax. And that's Korg.

Mmoore29

That would be what should happen, but I would be shocked if it was. I can see them writing out drax and maybe someone else because of outspoken they've been about re-hiring Gunn. It's like I always say to my coworkers when bosses come in, don't poke the bear. And really they already have a perfect replacement for Drax. And that's Korg.

Yeah, well I have no respect for Alan Horn. Why does he get to head the live action films, and why is he the superior to Kevin Feige, Kathleen Kennedy, Pete Docter and Jennifer Lee? Shouldn't they and Horn have autonomy and only report to Iger and the board?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom