Super Early Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Thread

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 -

New poster -

Fi7KOE4UYAEjzZM.jpeg

erasure fan1

This looks like it will be awesome. Adam warlock, high evolutionary, sign me up! This could knock spiderman off the top spot for best post end game MCU movie.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Bummed they're sticking with the holiday special Groot suit - who, per Gunn, is apparently "Swole Groot". I just think it looks like a bad Halloween costume on a short guy. Did they suddenly lose half their CGI budget?

erasure fan1

Bummed they're sticking with the holiday special Groot suit - who, per Gunn, is apparently "Swole Groot". I just think it looks like a bad Halloween costume on a short guy. Did they suddenly lose half their CGI budget?
Yea I'm not a big fan of this look for groot. From what I have seen, since it isn't the groot from the first movie. They wanted a different look because its an offspring of that first groot.

I don't think they cut the budget. But it does seem like effects teams are way over taxed. Almost every heavy vfx movie or show has more than a couple "what the heck was that?" Moments in it.

MickeyMouse10

I can't wait, it actually looks awesome. Which I haven't been able to say that much about Marvel lately. Disney maybe making a mistake letting James Gunn go.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I can't wait, it actually looks awesome. Which I haven't been able to say that much about Marvel lately. Disney maybe making a mistake letting James Gunn go.
I have nothing against Gunn, but I honestly think he is overrated for the most part. He did good with Guardians, but that is about it in my opinion.

And after the most recent Suicide Squad, and I couldn't even watch that spin-off Peacemaker HBO series it was so bad, I don't even know why Zasie appointed him head of DC. So yeah I say let him go destroy DC for a bit, will make Marvel and the MCU look so much better.

Phroobar

It's interesting where James Gunn came from. He started by working for Lloyd Kaufman on low budget Troma movies. That's the company that made the Toxic Avenger. Then worked on the Scooby Doo movies and some horror movies. The hit it big with Super and finally Guardians.

erasure fan1

And after the most recent Suicide Squad, and I couldn't even watch that spin-off Peacemaker HBO series it was so bad, I don't even know why Zasie appointed him head of DC. So yeah I say let him go destroy DC for a bit, will make Marvel and the MCU look so much better.
I guess to each their own. But peacemaker was better than any of the Marvel shows by miles in my opinion. I also think his suicide squad film was better than a lot of the phase 4 films. Now I wil say he's at his best with Fringe type characters that he can inject his style into without upsetting the fan base. So how he handles the big DC characters will be interesting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I guess to each their own. But peacemaker was better than any of the Marvel shows by miles in my opinion. I also think his suicide squad film was better than a lot of the phase 4 films. Now I wil say he's at his best with Fringe type characters that he can inject his style into without upsetting the fan base. So how he handles the big DC characters will be interesting.
I just don't see his "style" benefiting the overall DC universe. Hopefully Safran will balance that out. Who knows.

But like I said outside of Guardians I think most of his other stuff has been overrated. I was ok with bringing him back to finish out the Guardians story, but beyond that I think he doesn't offer much more to the MCU. So to me its no great loss, let him be over at DC. Maybe he'll surprise me and turn DC Studios around, dunno.

erasure fan1

But like I said outside of Guardians I think most of his other stuff has been overrated. I was ok with bringing him back to finish out the Guardians story, but beyond that I think he doesn't offer much more to the MCU. So to me its no great loss, let him be over at DC. Maybe he'll surprise me and turn DC Studios around, dunno.
I'd say with Marvel digging into more fringe characters, he could have been a real asset. He took a group of character that even a lot of comic fans didn't know or care about, and turned it into one of Marvel's top couple franchises. I think it's going to be interesting to watch for sure.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd say with Marvel digging into more fringe characters, he could have been a real asset. He took a group of character that even a lot of comic fans didn't know or care about, and turned it into one of Marvel's top couple franchises. I think it's going to be interesting to watch for sure.
I appreciate that opinion, but I think he more he just hit the right tone at the right time with the right characters. There is no indication that he would have been able to replicate that again in the MCU.

One thing I do know for sure, he is no Feige. So I don't know how he is going to turn DC Studios into Marvel Studios as Zasie is expecting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom