Summer Vacation

Ariel

Original Poster
I know a lot of the gang here is going to disney this summer. Anyone doing anything else this summer? Any exciting non-disney plans? I'm sure there must be some other plans from some of us. Any beach goers like myself? Just curious as to how everyone is spending their summer. Best report gets a prize. ;)

Maria

Originally posted by Ariel
I know a lot of the gang here is going to disney this summer. Anyone doing anything else this summer? Any exciting non-disney plans? I'm sure there must be some other plans from some of us.

As if only Disney was exciting...... hehe ;) Get a life!

:D :p Just kidding....

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by Mr Lightbeer
What exactly is the prize?;)

A real life picture of the infamous Ariel???

Well, we were in Madiera Beach this past March for 5 days. We're spending next weekend in Las Vegas and at the end of August we'll be in Chicago for four nights.

We are also trying to plan a trip to either Cancun, Los Cabos or Bermuda for January/February 2002.

sillyspook13

I know a lot of the gang here is going to disney this summer. Anyone doing anything else this summer? Any exciting non-disney plans? I'm sure there must be some other plans from some of us. Any beach goers like myself? Just curious as to how everyone is spending their summer. Best report gets a prize. ;)
no.

mightyduck

I'm on tour doing ridiculous things this summer...the sillier, the better. So far I've been to a Renaissance festival, an Aerosmith concert, an avant-garde art show in the base of the Brooklyn Bridge (highly recommended), the BSB outdoor concert on the plaza for the Today show (!) (that will be hard to best in the sheer ridiculousness category), the beach, an all-night party, several graduation parties for my students, and the county fair. Tomorrow I'm going to a water park and a barbecue, then for the rest of the summer I've so far scheduled a friends'n'family reunion, a bbq here at home (I think it might be a surprise BD party for me....!), and a week in South Carolina and a visit to Atlanta. Oh, and I decided last minute to go to disney last week, and i'm giving serious thought to a return trip...

mightyduck

I know! I'm compulsive sometimes, and I'm never spontaneous, so I'm trying (too hard, perhaps) to have fun. So when you combine the two, I'm overplanning my determined-to-have-fun-summer. :)

I had no rest the trip to Disney last weekend--arrived late Friday afternoon, closed Pleasure Island at 2 am, and spent the next three solid days in the parks from 8:30 am until 10 pm. But I saw a lot of stuff!

I should schedule a vacation from these vacations, though.... ;)

Ariel

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyFreak

A real life picture of the infamous Ariel???

Infamous? Has someone been telling stories about me.... :eek: And after Jay put his picture up on the board there is no way...some of these guys would have a field day.... :rolleyes:

What kind of prize do you want Lightbeer?

Tramp

After our Disney trip.....we plan a day in New York City....Empire State Building....Statue of Liberty....a museum or two....
then a trip to Newport R.I. to see how the top 1% use to live in those so-called summer cottages.
we have tickets for the Port Jefferson Long Island ferry so we will spend one day over there.
and finally, a day in Sturbridge Village in Mass., which is a reconstruction of a 19th century village with acting players and all.

that should pretty much put us into September.

The Mom

Premium Member
Just got back from the North Carolina mountains, and will be spending a week in New England touring colleges with my daughter. Will spend the rest of the time going to the beach, spending time at our weekend home on the St John's river(swimming with the gators) and taking care of my 8 year old son & 80 something parents. Next summer I'm coming over the pond; watch out!

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tramp
After our Disney trip.....we plan a day in New York City....Empire State Building....Statue of Liberty....a museum or two....
then a trip to Newport R.I. to see how the top 1% use to live in those so-called summer cottages.
we have tickets for the Port Jefferson Long Island ferry so we will spend one day over there.
and finally, a day in Sturbridge Village in Mass., which is a reconstruction of a 19th century village with acting players and all.

that should pretty much put us into September.

You realize, of course, that you're putting ideas into my head. I wanted to go to Plimouth Plantation, but maybe I can do a tour...

Nut4Disney

I just got back from a week in Chicago. I went on a tour of Wrigley Field. The pressboxes, dugouts, clubhouses, scoreboards, the field. I even got my picture taken in front of Sammy Sosa's locker holding one of his bats. It was awesome.

JAY-ROD

Infamous? Has someone been telling stories about me.... :eek: And after Jay put his picture up on the board there is no way...some of these guys would have a field day.... :rolleyes:

What kind of prize do you want Lightbeer?

yeah they hit me hard on my pic lol PUT URS UP ARIEL!!!

markymark

Originally posted by marciahahn
Next summer I'm coming over the pond; watch out!

Oh my God, when!!!

You will have to let us know so we can give you a special welcome!! Well either that, or we can hide!

The Mom

Premium Member
We'll be there during the summer. We're going to the 2002 Master's International Rowing Regatta in Seville, then will spend a week in GB either before or after the race. I don't have the exact date yet(I'll have to check with my husband) Knowing him, he'll want to be at the Henley, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom