Summer 2012 NYC cruiser roll call!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
*bumpity bumpity bump*

Anyone else around here going on a DCL out of NYC cruise this summer? My cruise is inching closer and I am getting so excited!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Sadly, I had to bow out of our cruise - improving the drainage around our house so we don't get flooded this summer took priority. :( I was looking forward to meeting you guys!

Disneyboy17

♫ If you can dream it ♫ (If you can dream it) ♫ Yes, you can ♫ (yes, you can!)

(Anybody else remember that oldie, but goodie?

Yes I remember that but was thinking along these lyrics....

There is a world where hope
And dreams can last for all time
A wonderous place to go
You'll know it when your heart finds

Hearing our song as old as time
Hold my hand, we're gonna fly
What a magic ride
And just a kiss away

If you can dream
The wish we're making on a star
Is coming true
The colors of the wind will lead
My heart right back to you

'Cause if you can dream
Reflections in a diamond sky
Come shining all through
Romance will always be so new
And love will save the day
If you can dream

Someday my prince will come
It's certain as the sunrise
Once day the slipper fits
Then you see the love in his eyes

It's a tale as old as time
There's no mountain we can't climb
When you're finally mine
And just a kiss away

If you can dream
Is coming true

'Cause if you can dream
Come shining all through
If you can dream

So the story goes
Never die the rose
There's a whole new world
Waiting there for us
Waiting just for us!

If you can dream
Is coming true

'Cause if you can dream
Come shining all through

Oh, love will save the day
If you can dream

You can dream...

ChuckElias

5 night NYC to Canada:

6/10:
6/17:
7/8:
7/15:
8/5: Tiggerific418, ChuckElias, Tiggerish
8/12:
9/2:
9/7:
9/12:
So for the 3 of us, it's exactly one month from today!!! (I miss the smilie that used to jump up and down and clap :( )

Are we going to try to meet for a drink? Or share a table at the Castaway Club reception? It would be nice to put a face to a (fake) name. :D

mickeysbrother

Hello all,

I thought it might be interesting to get an idea of just how many of us are taking advantage of the NYC cruise options next summer. With great destinations like Canada, the Bahamas, and nowhere in particular to choose from I imagine the NYC ships are going to be pretty full. I'm mostly excited because I am getting the opportunity to take my first Disney cruise without the added expense of flying to FL. So, if you are cruising next summer out of NY, let your presence be known here. I will periodically update the list. I think as time marches on it will be interesting to discuss things like excursions, restaurant reservations, and other general planning. Not to mention, for those of us going to sea later in July or August it should be interesting to hear the reviews from the early June guinea pigs. :lookaroun

2 night NYC to Nowhere in Particular:
6/15:
7/13:
8/10: marcriss

5 night NYC to Canada:

6/10:
6/17:
7/8:
7/15:
8/5: Tiggerific418, ChuckElias, Tiggerish
8/12:
9/2:
9/7:
9/12:

8 night NYC to Bahamas:

5/25: Huck
6/2:
6/22:
6/30:
7/20:
7/28: Plutofan
8/17:
8/25: Paul436

Where is the DCL heading in canada??? Im from montreal just wondering if its going to dock here

Disneyfalcon

Has anyone done the cruise to nowhere out of NYC? Ours is coming up, I was hoping for some inside info :).

One of our agents did! What would you like to know? She's traveling today, but I can forward the questions!

I'm on the September 12th to Canada now! Can't wait!

marcriss

One of our agents did! What would you like to know? She's traveling today, but I can forward the questions!

I'm on the September 12th to Canada now! Can't wait!

Thank you! Well, I've been reading through all of the cruise FAQs (we cruised on our honeymoon 14 years ago this September) and I saw that every cruise has a Pirate night. I'm assuming since this is only 2 nights that there won't be a pirate night? Otherwise I guess I just wonder if there are any tips to maximize the time since it is so short. We chose this to test out the kids (10 & 6), figuring if they weren't seaworthy it'd be over quick and we don't have the added expense of airfare. But I do want to get as much out of it as we can and I wonder if they do or don't do things differently.

The Canada trip should be great! Do you know if Disney will be back in NYC next year? I love not having to pay airfare :).

Thanks for any info you can get, I really appreciate it!

Disneyfalcon

I can answer that! There actually is a pirate night! And firweorks!

I'll ask of she has any tips for maximizing time.

Disney isn't coming back to NYC in 2013 because the Magic is going to Europe! If I had to guess, I would think they are coming back in 2014. The NYC cruises sold well with the exception of the Canada cruises in September, which are a hard sell because they're right after school starts.

marcriss

OMG! Thank you so much for the info! I was sure there wouldn't be a pirate night since there are only 2 nights. I'm so excited!!! That's good news about potentially coming back in 2014, gives me some time to plan and save. Thank you!!!

Disneyfalcon

OMG! Thank you so much for the info! I was sure there wouldn't be a pirate night since there are only 2 nights. I'm so excited!!! That's good news about potentially coming back in 2014, gives me some time to plan and save. Thank you!!!

You're very welcome! I'll let you know when I hear about the rest! :)

ChuckElias

Thank you! Well, I've been reading through all of the cruise FAQs (we cruised on our honeymoon 14 years ago this September) and I saw that every cruise has a Pirate night.
I know this isn't the real point of your post, so feel free to ignore it :) But even though there's a Pirate night on every itinerary, there's one itinerary that does NOT include fireworks during Pirate night -- Alaska. Like I said, I know you're not sailing to Alaska (at least this year), but I just wanted to throw it out there for complete info.

Like you, I'm disappointed that DCL won't be back to NYC next year. Saving $800+ on airfare to FL is a real bonus :( I guess we'll put it aside for an Eastern Med next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom