Sum of All Thrills Returning?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Just to be clear, I don't want them to just bring back Aladdin VR without upgrading it, because it's ANCIENT compared to what people can get for $100 and a smartphone these days

EPICOT

TDO couldn't be arsed into doing something right for a change. Especially, since if the reopening were successful, they might have to rethink their goofy BlueSky Spine Concept Art.

That was what I was most excited about with this development. Between Sum of all Thrills and Colortopia, it could potentially prove to the execs that the Innoventions/Communicore concept can still work.

Amidala

Unrelated (sorry!) but this looks fantastic. This concept combined with the Shanghai Disney pirates' conceit of "going underwater" could have been really phenomenal. And an actual boat ride would have felt more thematically appropriate IMO than an omnimover system themed to clamshells.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Great idea, but considering they apparently refuse to basically flip the switches and turn back on an attraction that is presumably otherwise guest-ready...

I don't know, it almost sounds like they found an issue with it they weren't expecting...it's all just guessing on our part.

Cmdr_Crimson

This kind of faded into obscurity but, just curious to know if there was any new rumblings of the return of this? While I was there in January it looked like everything including the sign was still intact..Is it possible it could return one GoTG is completed they could bring it back?

rocketraccoon

This kind of faded into obscurity but, just curious to know if there was any new rumblings of the return of this? While I was there in January it looked like everything including the sign was still intact..Is it possible it could return one GoTG is completed they could bring it back?
Everything's still there as far as you can see from the rest of Innoventions, nothing's changed really.

The Empress Lilly

Frustrating to think it could open by flicking on a light switch.

THE Monorail Lime

COULD is the key word there
Frustrating to think it could open by flicking on a light switch.
agreed

But they need a sponsor so maybe Microsoft could sponsor it, upgrade the digital effect?

Last edited:

Tobes58

Was a cool ride, just long waits at times and short ride time.

sumofallthrillsrideLARGE.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I don't see it coming back -- it has the guest throughput of a glue board.
Sum is located in the EPCOT area where kids could potentially be exposed to educational content, so is avoided like the plague by Disney moms. There is nobody there so the low throughput actually doesn't create too long lines for the guest.

I realise this is argued from the perspective of guest enjoyment and not ops and so has no bearing on reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom