Sum of All Thrills Returning?

The Empress Lilly

Poor 'Under the Sea' gets all of the flak for the visible ceiling....look at this beloved attraction!
The first thing I noticed on that photo was the ceiling too!

But in real life the ceiling isn't that conspicuous, I think? I think the picture makes it look more pronounced than it is. More in the center of your viewpoint, brighter lit.

I do dislike GMR's (and DHS') conceit of being a soundstage. If only because if you pretend to be filming a movie, then the world of that movie does not exist. Although as whole, the double function worked - you are looking at both Ingrid Bergman and at her character in Casablanca - both worlds are existing. Just as in Star Tours you both enter a movie set and the world of SW itself. Sometimes the park can't decide and picks both, leaving it up to your imagination. At its best, DHS is/was double-layered, featuring both the glamour of Hollywood and the worlds it creates in its movies.

No Name

Oh ha, I thought you were referring to the GMR.

I don't have the same love for that concept that most do. The ride system lends itself to a better book report, but a worse hourly capacity. In my opinion, it was a smart idea to go with the traditional omnimover instead.

Back to the glorious return of Sum of all Thrills!

CJR

This isn't happening now at the moment.

Think they might try it around the holidays? That seems like the better time to (temporarily) boost capacity. September seemed like an odd time to relaunch this, especially with Mission: Space reopening.

Not that this would add a lot to capacity anyway, but it's something, and the additional indoor space would be nice.

ppete1975

I'm getting the feeling that
a) this was just maintenance and testing to ensure it was ok
b) they were going to reopen it but deemed it would cost too much for added value it would add
c) its part of a plan later maybe around the holidays when they need more capacity eaters
d) its being moved somewhere else and was just being tested/fixed
e) they like fing with our emotions

I vote for b and e

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The Aladdin VR attraction at DisneyQuest started in Innoventions, so it would be like coming full circle in a way
I really like the idea of that and also maybe having a walk through exhibit of one of the sets from GMR or UoE (of course really scaled down). I just always want these rides to be remembered for the younger generation to see what Epcot was and could have been

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom