Sum of All Thrills Closing?

aaronml

So I have now heard 5/27 mentioned as the official closing day of Sum Of All Thrills. I'm not quite sure why Disney hasn't announced anything yet, but the CMs who work at SOAT are being re-assigned elsewhere after 5/27.

wdwfan4ver

I hate to say it, but I think Disney Might as well close Innoventions East after Sum of All Thrills closes and turn it into something else. Right now I am very concern what is happening Innoventions East since it looks like its looks like its turning into Wonders of Life, The Odyssey, Innoventions West, and the millennium village.

What I think of is Disney should do is one of two things.
1.) Turn into it into San Fransokyo Institute of Technology's robot Lab. I know I am mentioning an IP, but Big Hero 6 did show a science fair and a robot lab in the movie.
2.) Turn it into a weather simulator such as one that deals with Tornado's or Typhoons.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So I have now heard 5/27 mentioned as the official closing day of Sum Of All Thrills. I'm not quite sure why Disney hasn't announced anything yet, but the CMs who work at SOAT are being re-assigned elsewhere after 5/27.
They have a tendency not to announced Innonventions closures. I don't think any of the recent ones were mentioned.

Disney Analyst

What I read from that is after June 30, old rides you've created will no longer be available... Basically an expiry for how long you have to view your attraction... I assume after that it'll be new dates...

Baloo62

Please just go ahead and put Epcot out of it's misery. It's not even worth $20 a day. We're only dedicating 7 hours to it for our next trip...and that's strictly to have Le Cellier for a late lunch and Teppan Edo for supper. Otherwise I'd skip it completely. We used to spend three full days at Epcot in the 90's...now I can't find three hours worth of stuff to do anymore. You suck TDO.

PorterRedkey

I rode SoAT in Jan. for the first time. I also got to get my color-bands at Habit Heroes before it closed.

I wish Disney would stop closing attractions. They either leave them empty or just put in another meet-n-wait-to-greet.

JohnD

I think they should tear down Innoventions (formerly Communicore) and open up FW. It's a waste of space. Okay, maybe keep the south end for Mouse Gear on the east and Starbucks / Character Spot on the west.

FigmentJedi

Man Epcot just keeps getting in worse shape
tumblr_inline_o2gzn6m3sQ1rn9eqb_500.jpg

Marc Davis Fan

If they're not going to add Communicore-level things back in, I'm also starting to like the idea of removing the former Communicore/Innoventions buildings, and replacing them with trees, grass, water bodies, etc., to make central FW feel more like a nice, open space again. Looking at images and footage from when that "open space" type aesthetic was created by the green areas and water bodies in central FW (e.g., @marni1971's tribute videos) displays how incredibly valuable those features can be for the overall feel of central FW. It also suggests a vision of a peaceful, reflective future for humankind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom