Sum of All Thrills Closing?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
People keep getting way to excited about the Tron coaster over in Shanghai. The sad part is the coaster is like 60 seconds and a third of the track is unthemed so I am not sure what people are gushing about. It is not that amazing and does not belong in Epcot.
Very true. If that coaster were to open in WDW it would be absolutely panned by critics. But as always, when things open overseas - the grass is always greener and all.

Nickels5

Very true. If that coaster were to open in WDW it would be absolutely panned by critics. But as always, when things open overseas - the grass is always greener and all.
Agreed, my thinking is we could get an updated version of that, from what I have read the original blueprint for that ride was darker and all indoors I could be wrong?

pax_65

Just returned from a trip... Future World is pathetically sad. There were so few people there! A few at Spaceship Earth in the morning and a decent crowd at Test Track (Soarin' was down and Frozen isn't open yet, so TT was by far the most popular attraction in the park).

My teenage son made us ride Energy as a joke, because it's so bad. He views it like a cult classic - he laughs at how bad it is. But the ride got its revenge by breaking down when we tried to ride. Ha!

The World Showcase Food Court and Boozefest was in full swing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my beer flight, tasty food, and good desserts but you're essentially paying a $100+ cover charge and then paying $8 a beer. With so few attractions to justify that cost, the value keeps shrinking and shrinking. :(

clemmo

would be great if each country could have an attraction at some point in the future kind of like europa park which is supposed to be very nice however i don't see disney spending that kind of money even if the do it'll be all ip based

Next Big Thing

I foresee Epcot heading towards a similar fate as the Studios. In 5 - 10 years time it will face an extreme makeover of Future World, but leaving WS as food and drink.
Which i'm fine with. Future World needs billions put into it.

As much as we may want new attractions in WS or a new Illuminations, WS is fairly timeless and Illuminations has remained so as well. FW is in a world of hurt though.

Next Big Thing

Yep, and I don't see it getting anything signficant until Studios is done.
Neither do I unfortunately. It would be nice if they took Mission: Space down for refurb finally though, maybe even create a new movie. It always bugs me that 75% of the time I ride it, the vibration in the main control doesn't work anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Neither do I unfortunately. It would be nice if they took Mission: Space down for refurb finally though, maybe even create a new movie. It always bugs me that 75% of the time I ride it, the vibration in the main control doesn't work anymore.
Mission Space is sadly one of those that just turned into a nightmare, and something the company would rather forget. It was plagued with construction and contractor issues, lots of guest experience issues, and it just didn't deliver what they hoped it would. The roll out of the ride to other parks was abandoned, and with all that being said, I don't see them making any changes to it. Look how long it took to get a new Star tours movie with all the material they could use and the stories popularity. Mission Space has none of that going for it.

Next Big Thing

Mission Space is sadly one of those that just turned into a nightmare, and something the company would rather forget. It was plagued with construction and contractor issues, lots of guest experience issues, and it just didn't deliver what they hoped it would. The roll out of the ride to other parks was abandoned, and with all that being said, I don't see them making any changes to it. Look how long it took to get a new Star tours movie with all the material they could use and the stories popularity. Mission Space has none of that going for it.
Yeah, but it could still use a general refurb. It's been running almost everyday since it opened, save for the time they changed to put in the Green Side.

Same with Everest. It's never had a refurb in it's life... hopefully that's coming after Pandora.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom