Suggestions for Son's first ride

ColoradoDWFan

Original Poster
I'm taking my son who will be 1 to DW for the first time in December. I wanted every ones imput as to what should be his first ride ever. I'm a Disney nut like most of you so this is a big deal. I'm planning on being at MK the first day we are there. Some of my favorites are POTC, JC, Buzz and HM. Thanks in advance for your imput!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
You can never go wrong with a classic ride like Dumbo, but one of your favorite dark rides such as PotC would also bring on the warm fuzzies. :)

DisneyPrincess5

Aww this is cute!
I suggest something more colorful and less dark like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh or IaSM, maybe even Dumbo if he can handle the movement of it.

Have a great time!

yankspy

Funny, I was just thinking about this since my son's first trip will be in October. I even had him watching on-ride videos today to sort of feel him out. I was actually thinking of the TTA since it is a nice relaxing ride, and a classic. I figured it would be a good way to ease him into things.

coltow

Older son's first trip was at 8 months, his first ride at MK was Pooh. It was supposed to be Buzz, but line and FP didn't cooperate with our plans

Younger son's first trip was at 17 months, he rode Pirates first at MK.

Although they won't remember which things they did first it's something I will never forget.

Just for argument sake, my first ride @ 10 years old was Jungle Cruise. DH was 25 the first time I took him. He picked HM as his first ride.

NewfieFan

I vote for IASW too. My 14 month loved that ride! She's now three and it's still her favorite ride! I think it's a great introduction to Disney and the Magic Kingdom for a young child!

durangojim

What I would do, and what I've done is make reservations at Crystal Palace for about half an hour before the park opens. The morning of, cancel your reservation, but still get to MK early. Tell the CMs that you have a reservation and go into the park. Take as many pics as you can on Main Street and in front of the castle with little to no one else around, then after the park opens go to Fantasyland get FPs for Pooh, and go on Dumbo, then Pooh, and then IASW. If you're still feeling up to it, and your baby seems happy, use the FPs and go on Pooh again. Also CP is a great place to eat with infants and toddlers for the character breakfast so you might want to make some real reservations there too. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom