Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Bocabear

Well let's see...5 actual rides... $94.00 entrance fee... that's like $18.80 per ride....
and I know a theme park is about more than just the rides...but this is extraordinarily light....comparatively...Animal Kingdom has more actual rides than Hollywood Studios!
Well that could be the new Marketing slogan:
"Disney's Hollywood Studios: Under $19 a ride!"
lol

Cmdr_Crimson

I honestly know people, who would pay premium to watch the Hat being finally demolished.

Make it a Dessert party....:hilarious:
75.jpg

msteel

Well let's see...5 actual rides... $94.00 entrance fee... that's like $18.80 per ride....
and I know a theme park is about more than just the rides...but this is extraordinarily light....comparatively...Animal Kingdom has more actual rides than Hollywood Studios!
Well that could be the new Marketing slogan:
"Disney's Hollywood Studios: Under $19 a ride!"
lol

I always found it pretty easy to justify the "lesser" parks as the 5th day and beyond of a multiday ticket where it costs $10.65 to get in.

yensidtlaw1969

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet - in the room immediately after the Anna head, there was a model segment resembling the interior of Elsa's castle. I wasn't able to get a picture of either thing while running, but from the glance I took it did look good. Table-top, black and white model. Anyone else catch it?

Tinkrbell

Here are some new photos of the former tram tour from the Marathon on 1/11. From what I could see, nearly everything was still in place, and had not been significantly altered since the tram tour closed.

This is looking south in the costuming tunnel. I thought it was particularly interesting that there were still people working in the workshops on the west side of the building. The rooms on the east side of the tunnel had their lights dimmed, but were still full of costumes

The tunnel goes through Creative Costuming, which is still operating as it was while Backlot Tour was still running the west side of the tunnel is alterations, which has CMs working 7 days a week, starting around 6am. The east side of the tunnel is the Creative Workroom. Those folks are typically only there Monday-Friday during regular business hours. The fact that the marathon is very early on a weekend is why the east side of the tunnel had its lights off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom