Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Kman101

It's not listed on the map. The trams, Catastrophe Canyon and the props have been removed from the image.
View attachment 72916

Wow, saw that on Orlando Theme Park News and totally looked right at that and didn't even notice. LOL. Wow. It's actually kind of weird to see it gone. But they have a huge area there to work with, now and in the future. I see they also covered up the pre-show area (where guests particpate in the water area) on the map with showbuildings too.

DinoInstitute

It's not listed on the map. The trams, Catastrophe Canyon and the props have been removed from the image.
View attachment 72916
Wow, saw that on Orlando Theme Park News and totally looked right at that and didn't even notice. LOL. Wow. It's actually kind of weird to see it gone. But they have a huge area there to work with, now and in the future. I see they also covered up the pre-show area (where guests particpate in the water area) on the map with showbuildings too.
What I don't understand is, if they are taking the canyon off of the map, why are they leaving the rest of it:confused:o_O

Kman101

:p:DOh yah. I wonder if anyone is secretly planning the festivities already?:cautious:
But the waiting, I just got to say, is killing me

Me too. I've wanted that hat gone from that area for so long. It will hardly seem real to have it finally be gone. I'm fine if they move it, I don't hate the idea of the hat as an icon, it never should have been put where it was, and if they still put it there, it should have stayed like it was intended - temporary. Despite what many want to believe was them adding an 'icon' to the park because it lacked that Disney magic. LOL. Please.

Kman101

What I don't understand is, if they are taking the canyon off of the map, why are they leaving the rest of it:confused:o_O

That's true. I've noticed that large patch right behind Jack Sparrow and Midway Mania ... and the Backlot queue area. Playland anyone? Just spec on my part but hard not to imagine that's the general area for it. It is curious they left the costuming building as well as a bit behind LMA but got rid of everything else ... I noticed that too. Maybe reading too much into it? But we have nothing else to talk about right now LOL

DinoInstitute

That's true. I've noticed that large patch right behind Jack Sparrow and Midway Mania ... and the Backlot queue area. Playland anyone? Just spec on my part but hard not to imagine that's the general area for it. It is curious they left the costuming building as well as a bit behind LMA but got rid of everything else ... I noticed that too. Maybe reading too much into it? But we have nothing else to talk about right now LOL
If I'm correct, that big spcaehas been on the map for a while and there are buildings back there. But, I love the thinking;):D

DinoInstitute

I would guess playland would come after Toy Story Mania as you are walking down that strip. Which is probably not what you'd want, but instead to have the little tacky rides eat up some of the people on their way to TSMM.
Does anyone else think that, if that is the location, it would be a little weird? The other TSPL are more open, but because of the infrastructure of the park it will be tighter and seem odd. Just a guess though, I have no idea on anything :p

Kman101

It also depends on how they want you to transition into the land. I can't imagine them just plopping it down in the middle of everything but who knows? And buildings can be razed and things moved. Just depends what's in them and if they want to make the effort. Or they could have another idea in mind for the costume building (and whatever other buildings are there). But that being said, there's still a patch of just trailers/bungalows right behind Sparrow that look like it could easily be razed for a small land.

Next Big Thing

I had mentioned that myself recently. People don't realize how much room is back there. TSPL would fit great behind TSMM and then just reroute the exit to exit into the land.

FerretAfros

For what it's worth, here are some photos I took last night in the costuming during the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Other than the disco balls and speakers they added for the race, it seemed like everything looked the same as when the attraction closed. I saw that they still had the sculptures of Anna and Elsa's heads, but I completely forgot about them until I had already passed them so I didn't get a photo

Excuse the terrible quality of these, since the lighting was tough, my camera was completely water-logged by this point, and I was still attempting to race
111_9869.JPG

111_9870.JPG

They also still had several sets of trams sitting backstage, but it looked like one of the axles had been removed from several of the passenger vehicles; they were all tilted at the same angle and one end of the body was touching the ground

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For what it's worth, here are some photos I took last night in the costuming during the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Other than the disco balls and speakers they added for the race, it seemed like everything looked the same as when the attraction closed. I saw that they still had the sculptures of Anna and Elsa's heads, but I completely forgot about them until I had already passed them so I didn't get a photo

Excuse the terrible quality of these, since the lighting was tough, my camera was completely water-logged by this point, and I was still attempting to race
View attachment 73031

View attachment 73032
They also still had several sets of trams sitting backstage, but it looked like one of the axles had been removed from several of the passenger vehicles; they were all tilted at the same angle and one end of the body was touching the ground

Did you see if any of the large props from the tour have been removed yet?

FerretAfros

Did you see if any of the large props from the tour have been removed yet?
The airplanes at the north end of the costuming tunnel were still there, but I can't speak for any other props since I really wasn't paying much attention at that point and it was pretty dark. When we ran through the former loading area I was more focused on getting under the overhang to stay 'dry' for a moment, rather than checking out the boneyard across the way

The loading area and costuming tunnel were really the only parts of the tram route that the course covered, so I have no idea what's going on (if anything) with Walt's plane or Catastrophe Canyon. The marathon in January covers those same parts of the route, so I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for things but it might skip my mind at mile 23 when your brain is pretty much useless

-em

I ran the same path and noticed about the same- the trams looked rather sad and filthy.. the inside of the loading area queue didn't seem touched but didn't notice beyond that..

BuzzKillington

Glad we got BLT in on our last visit and you could certainly tell that it had been neglected. Still no firm word on what Disney will replace it and LMA with?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom