Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Hey Disney (who I know is not reading this). It's not too late. You can still announce that "after consideration, we determined that there is not enough space available in EPCOT to do justice to Frozen, so we will be building a larger, more immersive attraction in Hollywood Studios"

I'd rather have Star Wars, but I might be willing to give up a tiny chunk of available land to keep Norway

Last edited:

rustysgirl

if they keep this closing crap-ola up, they really WON'T be anything to do while you're there.

thats what my husband & i were just saying. there's so much closing or rumored to close there. there's not much to do. they should just close the whole park for a while and re-open when they are done with their construction. or they would have to offer (i know they wouldn't) a major discount for that park.

also would they really tear down streets of america? so no more osborne lights? thats a major draw for a lot of people to go for christmas. in fact, thats the main reason i go for christmas. i never pay extra for MVMCP so i would be so disappointed if they stopped doing the osborne lights. i know i wouldn't go just to see Elsa transform Cindy's castle for Christmas. =/

Goofnut1980

I would think closing parts of the area allows for things to slowly be taken down and clear the area... LMA wont take long to level... its already flat!

Plus I'm sure for Osborne Lights they want to at least wait till January to close that area completely. I bet we will be in for a bumpy ride. At this point, the only park not doing any re-work is Epcot. But who knows?!

Edit: I said Epcot, forgetting Frozen Overlay to Norway...

Last edited:

Beholder

thats what my husband & i were just saying. there's so much closing or rumored to close there. there's not much to do. they should just close the whole park for a while and re-open when they are done with their construction. or they would have to offer (i know they wouldn't) a major discount for that park.

also would they really tear down streets of america? so no more osborne lights? thats a major draw for a lot of people to go for christmas. in fact, thats the main reason i go for christmas. i never pay extra for MVMCP so i would be so disappointed if they stopped doing the osborne lights. i know i wouldn't go just to see Elsa transform Cindy's castle for Christmas. =/

I actually like the idea of them closing the park, take a couple years, reopen with a new line up, new focus, and a little cohesion. Never happen, but I'd be ok with that. Just my opinion.

Goofnut1980

I just saw it on the HUB. It's legit. WDW 1974 was correct that a major overhaul of MGM Studios is coming. Prepare for Star Wars Land.

But then what do they do with American Idol. That is one big building. That Indi area is some prime real-estate and is HUGE. Lets just do Star Wars over in that whole area.

Better yet, shut down HS and start over. lol

rustysgirl

I actually like the idea of them closing the park, take a couple years, reopen with a new line up, new focus, and a little cohesion. Never happen, but I'd be ok with that. Just my opinion.

o for sure i would be on board with that as well. that way you aren't paying so much for a ticket just to be able to do only a little bit of the park.

wdwfan4ver

If something IS planned, how long would it actually take to dismantle, remove the existing structures to just get to the point where they could actually build something else?
I don't think it would take a long time since I think Disney is hurry to add attractions before Star Wars Land construction starts.

I am saying that I think it is possible the Disney wants Toy Story Playground land at least in the Backlot Tour area. I looked at the land on youtube and it would be quick for Disney to add by their standards.

PhotoDave219

I don't think it would take a long time since I think Disney is hurry to add attractions before Star Wars Land construction starts.

I am saying that I think it is possible the Disney wants Toy Story Playground land at least in the Backlot Tour area. I am saying this because I looked at the land on youtube and it would be quick for Disney to add.

I disagree based on their history since 2006.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Based on what theyve done with DCA and the Avatar program at DAK, *IF* they are going to remodel that part of the park, expect four years or so.

My thought is they won't start heavy Star Wars construction until probably 2017 at the earliest when Avatar construction is winding down and it won't be done until 2020. This Pixar expansion shouldn't be as extensive as Avatar or SW Land so it's possible it's done and open in 3 years which would put it some time in late 2017.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom