Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
About zero. The BLT takes up too much space and there isn't enough to do in the park. It would be a lost money opportunity to let such a large chunk of land sit vacated.
7887019364_b2ec77951f_z.jpg

Adam Santos

ohh man River Country I Remember going there in the 90s with my Dad before it became a State of Decay and Abandonment I Hope Walt Disney World will do something with River Country instead of just letting it there decaying day by day...at least what they could do is demolish River Country and Build something on that Land.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I had no idea this was actually still intact. I went there when I was a kid and I always thought Blizzard Beach went in its place. Where on property is River Country?
Connected to Fort Wilderness. Just to the west(?) of Pioneer Hall. If you go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ you walk right past the old entrance.

You can still see it on Google Maps pretty easily.

Disneykidder

I'm a bit bummed. I liked the tour. It was fun. It is Holywood Studios and about film/television. I think DHS is going away from that. I really DO NOT want to see something else Frozen go in there. C'mon...enough already. Isn't it enough they are taking Maelstrom away (a ride that is rich in culture) to showcase a ficticious movie?

Grumpy1973

Back in January I was biking the Orange Blossom Trail (?) and rode past a place called (I think) ABC bus and one of the trams was sitting in the lot, cars and all.
You do NOT want to bike down "Orange Blossom Trail" :bored: It's West Orange Trail :) And I have seen Disney vehicles off and on there for years.. Think they have had a business relationship for quite awhile, I like driving by there sometimes just to "see what I can see"

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Disney does still use the pavilion for flower and garden that does bring in money so it's not completely wasted river country and discovery island on the other hand are.
Maybe Disney can turn the Backlot Tour into a giant meet and greet / merch pavilion for the once-a-year Villians Unleashes party.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'll be clear. I don't think they'll let this space sit empty. I also don't think they are going to rush into construction on anything aside from Oaken's, and maybe a few small pop-up merch /snack things for the winter season.
I was just saying that there is some tiny part of me that still thinks that Disney is capable of doing that.

rct247

10622700_10104116202778568_6367846111569622102_n.jpg

I labeled a few other things on this image. The area in light blue is probably on the more immediate chopping block initially. We'll see about LMA. I think we might see it stay for the busy holiday season. I'd also like to think that Streets of America may stay for another year. The offices can be relocated. If any of those do stay it would be the WDW Maintenance Base building. That area alone is like 1/4 of the entire park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom