Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

pumpkin7

ohh man River Country I Remember going there in the 90s with my Dad before it became a State of Decay and Abandonment I Hope Walt Disney World will do something with River Country instead of just letting it there decaying day by day...at least what they could do is demolish River Country and Build something on that Land.

It's been decaying day by day for oooooo... 13 years now.

xstech25

About a year ago I wrote a letter to WDW expressing how while I enjoy my visits, I feel there are many attractions that are well "past their expiration date." Now 2 of them are permanently closing!

Although this is extremely miniscule feedback to a place like WDW,I feel pretty good about myself right now regardless :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
10622700_10104116202778568_6367846111569622102_n.jpg

I labeled a few other things on this image. The area in light blue is probably on the more immediate chopping block initially. We'll see about LMA. I think we might see it stay for the busy holiday season. I'd also like to think that Streets of America may stay for another year. The offices can be relocated. If any of those do stay it would be the WDW Maintenance Base building. That area alone is like 1/4 of the entire park.
Excellent. This is exactly what I was looking for. Looks to me like they could use the costume and scenic shop buildings, the parking lot and tram storage area behind them and the current BLT ride queue/water tank/prop wharehouse and carve out a pretty big area without touching LMA...at least for now. If they finished the job and took out the maintenance building, catastrophe canyon and LMA that would be an enormous piece of real estate. I'm really interested to find out how extensive this project will be.

aladdin2007

Excellent. This is exactly what I was looking for. Looks to me like they could use the costume and scenic shop buildings, the parking lot and tram storage area behind them and the current BLT ride queue/water tank/prop wharehouse and carve out a pretty big area without touching LMA...at least for now. If they finished the job and took out the maintenance building, catastrophe canyon and LMA that would be an enormous piece of real estate. I'm really interested to find out how extensive this project will be.

not to mention all the accounting offices they built within and added onto the animation building and parking garages, could and should have been used for attractions expansions instead.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
About a year ago I wrote a letter to WDW expressing how while I enjoy my visits, I feel there are many attractions that are well "past their expiration date." Now 2 of them are permanently closing!

Although this is extremely miniscule feedback to a place like WDW,I feel pretty good about myself right now regardless :)
Can you do something about the hat, disco Yeti and that Frozen thing in Maelstrom since you have their ear?

xstech25

The attractions in my letter were Sounds Dangerous, Idol, Backlot Tour, Little Mermaid DHS, Great Movie ride (needs to be redone), Fantastmic (needs to be redone), Circle of Life, Soarin (needs to be redone), Maelstrom (needs to be redone), Imagination/Captain EO, Universe of Energy (needs to be redone), Country Bear Jamboree, Stitches Great Escape.

Not doing too bad so far ;)

Last edited:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Maybe they could move their precious big hat and tacky stage back there too.
I was saying in another thread that the same little piece of me that thinks Disney is capable of leaving these things empty is half convinced that the BAH is going to outlive the Great Movie Ride.
Again, I think GMR is safe, for now, but there is that little part that tells me someday I'll look past the hat and see a wrecking ball behind it taking down the Chinese Theater.

aladdin2007

I was saying in another thread that the same little piece of me that thinks Disney is capable of leaving these things empty is half convinced that the BAH is going to outlive the Great Movie Ride.
Again, I think GMR is safe, for now, but there is that little part that tells me someday I'll look past the hat and see a wrecking ball behind it taking down the Chinese Theater.

yep wouldnt surprise me either, and the hat will remain standing through it all.

Mike S

The attractions in my letter were Sounds Dangerous, Idol, Backlot Tour, Little Mermaid DHS, Great Movie ride (needs to be redone), Fantastmic (needs to be redone), Circle of Life, Soarin (needs to be redone), Maelstrom (needs to be redone), Imagination/Captain EO, Universe of Energy (needs to be redone), Country Bear Jamboree, Stitches Great Escape.

Not doing too bad so far ;)
Oh no you didn't............

WeLComeHomE OKW

this is such a depressing and plausible future outcome.

(whoa, just realized I've been on this site for 10 years now...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom